Draft Lottery, what would make you more "nervous"?

mjd1001

68 members have voted

1. 1. What will make you nervous or anxious the night of the Draft Lotter if the Sabres finish 30th?

• That the Sabres will not get McDavid, I really REALLY want him more than anything.
    • I'm OK with Eichel, but I am afraid of who MIGHT get McDavid.
    • I really don't care. As long as the Sabres get one of the top 2, wake me up in October.

This. I'll be nervous as hell at the lottery if we end up 29th, but not so much if we end up 30th. There would definitely be some teams that I wouldn't want to see him go to, but based on the odds, I fairly certain that it will be someone else.

I don't think the actual gap is that big. McDavid is whichever of those two you like more and Eichel is the other one. Sure, you'd prefer one, but either one would give you perma-grin for the foreseeable future.

Agreed. The sex with hot women analogy wasn't meant to quantify the talent gap between generational talents, but instead to capture the excitement level for the unexpected falling into you lap.

What makes me nervous is that McDavid and Eichel go to top teams like the Canadiens, Anaheim, Tampa, Pittsburgh etc. who don't need them and had a minuscule chance of getting them, leaving Buffalo in a lurch with neither, after subjecting fans to true misery this last 2 years. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a fix and there's not a thing we can do.

Edited by 716

What makes me nervous is that McDavid and Eichel go to top teams like the Canadiens, Anaheim, Tampa, Pittsburgh etc. who don't need them and had a minuscule chance of getting them, leaving Buffalo in a lurch with neither, after subjecting fans to true misery this last 2 years. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a fix and there's not a thing we can do.

Pretty sure it'd be impossible for either of them to go to any of those teams

Before the Sabres, the Leaves were my team, viewed on a television screen snowy enough that you couldn't really see the puck, and then only if you got the antenna pointed just right and the weather was just right.

Hockey Night in Canada. Channel 5, I think. Rotate the roof antenna just right.

Assuming a completed tank, the Sabres have a better shot than anyone else.

But a far worse chance than everyone else. :P

Not possible.  A team like Boston could slip out of the playoffs and move up to get McDavid (extremely small chance), but then Eichel would go to the 30th place team.  Jack Eichel will play for either us or Arizona.

Before the Sabres, the Leaves were my team, viewed on a television screen snowy enough that you couldn't really see the puck, and then only if you got the antenna pointed just right and the weather was just right.

Did you ever put that big ball of tinfoil on the rabbit ears to try and fix the reception ? It acted in the same way as if you were up there holding the rabbit ears under order of dad so he could see the game better. Been there, done that.

Edited by bunomatic

I've felt the same way about the Leafs getting "the one we don't get". Before anyone confuses this with a guaranty, I think it sets up a decade or more of even more intense rivalry. At the risk of being ostracized, I like the Leafs.

Neokolai,

I would never ostracise you, but I think that strong Tampa sun has over baked that bald noggin of yours.

Personally im cool with getting eichel, would hate to see Mcdavid end up in Toronto though.

Then again the leafs don't have the talent in the pipeline the sabres have to surround him.

Mcdavid in columbus would make that team scary good.

I'd rather see him in Columbus than any other Eastern Conference foe, personally.  It would almost be unfair if he ends up there, though, because that team is already playoff caliber.  Seems to defeat the purpose of the draft. 

Neokolai,

I would never ostracise you, but I think that strong Tampa sun has over baked that bald noggin of yours.

Another candidate  for the Aluminum Foil Deflector Bennie

afdbhead.jpg

Neokolai, I suppose it won't save your knoggin from baking in the Tampa sun, but the tan lines would be a thing of wonderment.

Edited by Woods-Racer

Not nervous at all.  Disappointed in hindsight with the Islanders loss on Saturday as I'm still routing for both #1 and #2.  It's unlikely, but there is still a remote chance.  Need 8 teams to get to 99 pts, push the NYI out of the playoffs, and give the Sabres a 1% chance for both.  Ottawa's ROW is bad so they need to pass the NYI outright, and that was a big point they let slip away last night.

NY Islanders
Lose Philly (Reg)
Lose Pitt (Reg)
Lose Columbus (Reg)

Ottawa (need 6 pts)
Beat Pit 

Beat NYR
Beat Philadelphia

Pitt
Lose to Ottawa (Reg or OT)
Beat NYI (Reg)
Beat Sabres

Boston (win 2 of 3 - need 4 pts)

Wash
Florida
Tampa

Detroit (win 2 of 3 - need 4 pts)
Carolina
Montreal
Carolina

Well, Edmonton has their 1st rounder.  So worst case scenario because Edmonton would get McDavid and another really good player?

Did not know that the Pens gave up their first round pick to the Oilers!

Thinking about that just brings a smile to my face, that would be second best scenario over Sabres winning the lottery.

Edited by Woods-Racer

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.