GDT: Toronto @ Buffalo; 7:30m pm EST

WildCard

Do you happen to know who was on the ice?  I remember the play, but not exactly who was there.  It wasn't Girgensons or Ristolainen, because they are out.  I'm pretty sure that it wasn't Moulson or Ennis.  It may have been Bogosian, but I'm not sure.  My point: will any of those players be in a Sabres' uniform next year?  In two or three years, when we could be a real contender? 

Also, when was the last time that you actually saw something build in April that carried over to October?

I can appreciate them playing as a team, but with the exception of Moulson, will anyone who has scored in the last two games part of the long-term plans?

You are right, it is likely of the guys on the ice only Deslauriers will be here over the next 2-3 years. That's fine with me because it has to start somewhere. Someone needs to set the standard. Ristolainen, Zadorov, Girgenson and others are seeing how they should respond.

I get you have a different opinion on this , and I can respect that.

But why do you and your ilk( Buffalo News Writers) insist, yes insist, that anyone who disagrees with you , is in your words"morons" or in the Gleasons words "losers" .....and you assume the only way us lemmings could form an opinion is when they are fed to us by "idiots" on the radio.

it absolutely galls me these guys are suddenly playing harder and better because they are pissed at the fans. Many people like you somehow find that trait endearing and think that somehow shows strong character...Hmmm , professional players not playing their absolute hardest game in and game out.....yep...I agree, that is character revealing. Like K-9 pointed out, they have admitted they are working harder. Do you honestly believe that is laying the foundation for a successful future.. McEichel or no?

This team for years was questioned about the core character ,now we have players openly admitting they are playing harder cause their feelings were hurt in game 74,not when they were losing 14 in a row, getting out worked and out classed on a nightly basis....and you find that to be character to build on?

So Mr.Genius, please tell us how to root next year. Do we boo the players and root for the other team to get them to play harder, or do we root for them and then they don't playbas hard cause they are not pissed?...

And you call us morons. Okay

That you think the players are suddenly "playing harder" shows that you aren't paying attention. It's not that they are "playing harder" it's that they haven't quit like so many "fans" have.

Do you happen to know who was on the ice?  I remember the play, but not exactly who was there.  It wasn't Girgensons or Ristolainen, because they are out.  I'm pretty sure that it wasn't Moulson or Ennis.  It may have been Bogosian, but I'm not sure.  My point: will any of those players be in a Sabres' uniform next year?  In two or three years, when we could be a real contender? 

Also, when was the last time that you actually saw something build in April that carried over to October?

I can appreciate them playing as a team, but with the exception of Moulson, will anyone who has scored in the last two games part of the long-term plans?

That is a little bit harsh on this team, i can see many players being part of the long term plan.

Also i counted on this win and normally it should go down like this last 5 games.

Chicago loss

Islanders loss

Carolina win

Columbis loss

Pittsburgh loss

Still keeps us dead last, #faith

That is a little bit harsh on this team, i can see many players being part of the long term plan.

Ristolainen, Girgensons, Ennis, Moulson, Bogosian are the five that I definitely see

Deslauriers, Foligno, Zadorov, Larsson are probably staying

Grigorenko is a big question mark and the rest will likely be gone this year or the next.

You are right, it is likely of the guys on the ice only Deslauriers will be here over the next 2-3 years. That's fine with me because it has to start somewhere. Someone needs to set the standard. Ristolainen, Zadorov, Girgenson and others are seeing how they should respond. That you think the players are suddenly "playing harder" shows that you aren't paying attention. It's not that they are "playing harder" it's that they haven't quit like so many "fans" have.

Can you answer the question of why you deem everyone a " moron" who does not agree with you.

And, yes they are playing harder, and have had players, and yes even their coach, say so. Did you listen to Teddy's press conference last two games? Did you listen the other 74 games? Even in the loss to the Yotes a week ago, he was bitching about guys not working and not competing.....but you are right, they worked their ass off every game, only their coach didn't see it.

Edited by plenzmd1

What really chaps my ass is that the players keep saying "do you know what we go through day in and day out". We'll guess what you douche bags, do you know what WE go through paying our hard earned money to watch you suck year after year??? We've gotten absolutely NOTHING in return the last ten years. So go yourself if you think we are bitter fans. YOU!!!

Can you answer the question of why you deem everyone a " moron" who does not agree with you.

And, yes they are playing harder, and have had players, and yes even their coach, say so. Did you listen to Teddy's press conference last two games? Did you listen the other 74 games? Even in the loss to the Yotes a week ago, he was bitching about guys not working and not competing.....but you are right, they worked their ass off every game, only their coach didn't see it.

I don't think they are playing any harder than they have been all year. Just like I never thought they weren't working hard earlier in the year when PHam mentioned it after every freakin game.

The only difference I saw in the past two games is,… wait for it,… they played Arizona and Toronto.

I don't think they are playing any harder than they have been all year. Just like I never thought they weren't working hard earlier in the year when PHam mentioned it after every freakin game.

The only difference I saw in the past two games is,… wait for it,… they played Arizona and Toronto.

Personally i would have been dissapointed if we hadn't won from these teams, then our rebuild would really be in the craphole.

What really chaps my ass is that the players keep saying "do you know what we go through day in and day out". We'll guess what you ###### douche bags, do you know what WE go through paying our hard earned money to watch you suck year after year??? We've gotten absolutely NOTHING in return the last ten years. So go ###### yourself if you think we are bitter fans. ###### YOU!!!

Yep. And #### this organization as well. Next year when they start out 2-11-1 we need to boo their ass right out of the building. Or better yet - stop going to the damn games.

We have put up with enough. For any player who has been a part of this two year shitshow to think that this fan base has not supported them is a slap in the face. Now your going to come out and use screwing the fans as motivation. F you!!!

I'm almost certain it was Kaleta, Deslauriers, Ellis, Strachan and ? I'm guessing Meszaros. As far as which of those players will be part of the long term plans, I would think that Deslauriers would be the only possibility. Then again we could see Kaleta, Meszaros and Strachan all here in 2 years.

What really chaps my ass is that the players keep saying "do you know what we go through day in and day out". We'll guess what you ###### douche bags, do you know what WE go through paying our hard earned money to watch you suck year after year??? We've gotten absolutely NOTHING in return the last ten years. So go ###### yourself if you think we are bitter fans. ###### YOU!!!

Typical entitled fan response.

Go spend your money somewhere else if it bothers you so much. I'm sure you'll be a much happier person.

Typical entitled fan response.

Go spend your money somewhere else if it bothers you so much. I'm sure you'll be a much happier person.

Why should I keep spending my hard earned money to watch a shitshow? I'll keep my Bills season tickets and give up my Sabres seasons if they blow this. At least the Bills are trying. I've spent more money on these two teams than you probably have in your bank account right now, so don't question me. Edited by Claude Balls

Haha, PHam must be the crumpiest person on earth...that dude is The male Debbie Downer.

And your right, I do need to remember who they played. And I know they lost, but in my mind they outplayed Colorado as well.

Just listened to Ted on GR, and he even said the team is competing and working harder in the last while. To be fair, he said it is a learning process, so maybe they are just figuring out what it takes to win.

I think like most, I am just pissed at the optics of the last week, the celebration in Arizona, how truly happy they were in the locker room last night....it all just feels like they ratcheted up their game to screw the fans.

I'm almost certain it was Kaleta, Deslauriers, Ellis, Strachan and ? I'm guessing Meszaros. As far as which of those players will be part of the long term plans, I would think that Deslauriers would be the only possibility. Then again we could see Kaleta, Meszaros and Strachan all here in 2 years.

Kaleta on the 4th line / scratch i can deal with in 2 years, the other two no way.

Last year I think they did give up...the last 10 games or so were really really bad and it looked like lack of effort was part of that.  If they are rallying against the fans that's freaking lame.  And if Gionta is leading the way he's a tool.

As Taro(?) said up thread, more likely it's that the PP is actually moving closer to historical averages, and they are playing weak opponents.

Either way, this sucks.

Building something special? Is it "special" when Meszaros says that he didn't have to change his game, it was just time for him to "work harder." After 72 games, he decided to "work harder?" That is a far bigger phuck you to the great fans of this city than ANYTHING the fans said to the players by cheering when the opposing team scored. 

Hootin' and hollerin' like they just won game 7 of the Cup finals after beating Arizona? You find that "special?" Really? They find their pride after 75 games and all of a sudden we are witnessing the makings of something "special" for the future? I doubt the Sabres will win another game this year with this bunch.

Phuck McDeichel? LOL! When we land one of them, I'm sure you'll never watch another game. You know, because they just aren't worth it now that Mess and the boys have found their special groove. Yes, Mess, Strachan, Dalpe, and Ellis will lead us to the promised land. There is just no room for McDeichel with them around. 

GO SABRES!!!

So you villify the Sabres for losing all season, which is what you wanted, and are now villifying them again for winning when their jobs may be on the line?  Wow - now that's a real mind-f*ck if I ever heard one....

I am not going to read this thread because I know what it says roughly.

Since I know what is at stake I would prefer the Sabres to lose out.  That being said, any GM that is worth his weight in golden fried wings should be able to draft a legitimate top 6 player with the 3rd or 4th overall pick.  Jonathan Toews who people love so much, 3rd overall. Just one example.  It is Tim Murray's job to get an impact player wherever he selects.  If he can't do that with a top 5 pick, than fire him.

I am not going to read this thread because I know what it says roughly.

Since I know what is at stake I would prefer the Sabres to lose out. That being said, any GM that is worth his weight in golden fried wings should be able to draft a legitimate top 6 player with the 3rd or 4th overall pick. Jonathan Toews who people love so much, 3rd overall. Just one example. It is Tim Murray's job to get an impact player wherever he selects. If he can't do that with a top 5 pick, than fire him.

I am afraid he may get a few more chances to prove what he can do with a top 5 pick.

Why should I keep spending my hard earned money to watch a shitshow? I'll keep my Bills season tickets and give up my Sabres seasons if they blow this. At least the Bills are trying. I've spent more money on these two teams than you probably have in your bank account right now, so don't question me.

No one is holding a gun to your head. You don't have to spend the money. By all means go find something that is a better return on your investment since you believe you're entitled to a return at all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.