How bad are the Leafs right now?

mjd1001

Looks like another loss tonight.  

Since the start of 2015:

-31 losses, only 5 wins

-shut out 6 times (7 if they don't score soon tonight)

-another 14 games where they only scored 1 goal

-making that 21 out of 31 games with 1 goal or a shutout

-15 out of a possible 62 points, which would be a pace for about 39.5 points for a whole season

-an 11 game losing streak, and a 7 game (and counting) losing streak.

-From Janualy 12 to Feb 6, they played 11 games and scored a total of 11 goals.

I think you almost have to look at the Sabres game next week vs the leafs as a likely win..and 2 points for the Sabres.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the Leafs are cursed by the ghost of Harold Ballard. The Chicago Cubs have a better chance to win the World Series than the Leafs have to win a cup. Heck, for that matter the Cubs have a better chance to win a cup than the Leafs do! CURSED!!!

Since the start of 2015:

-31 losses, only 5 wins

-15 out of a possible 62 points, which would be a pace for about 39.5 points for a whole season

I think you almost have to look at the Sabres game next week vs the leafs as a likely win..and 2 points for the Sabres.

Worst team in the NHL right now. Fortunately they waited until there was only 30 or so games left to blow it up. As Red Forman would say: dumbasses. :thumbsup:

Since the start of 2015:

-31 losses, only 5 wins

Good info, thanks.

I'm very interested to see their offseason moves, as well as their success next season. Obviously that entirely hinges on the lottery, but if they don't win it, the Leafs could have the most change coming during this summer. Hopefully the Sabres are in that category of change this summer too.

We all know how bad it's gotten in Buffalo, both for the players and the fans, but I don't envy Toronto one bit. Their rebuild looks much, much longer. Much more painful because of the Toronto media, and it may not be as successful. Of course, again, this all depends on the lottery results. I'm a Grassy Knoll kind guy, so if Toronto wins this, with their 100th anniversary coming up...

Harold Ballard once called basketball a 'ham and egg' sport. I still have no idea what he meant.

I still think the fix is in and Toronto wins the lottery.  :censored:

chances are none of the bottom 3 gets McDavid. So its likely that a low % chance team is gonna end up with him.

i cant even comprehend being lucky enough to get mcdavid.  I'm just rooting for last and eichel

SOMEBODY ends up w/ him and right now it doesn't look like anybody has a better chance. (Yeah, the 'pool' has a better chance, but no individual squad at present does.)

If we win the lottery, and Babcock comes here, then Buffalo sports have officially turned the corner. And it will be glorious.

If we 'lose' the lottery and get 'stuck' w/ Eichel and end up w/ Tippett or McLellan, our team's fortunes have still turned the corner. McDavid & Babcock are the holy grail; but we don't NEED them to right this ship.

If we 'lose' the lottery and get 'stuck' w/ Eichel and end up w/ Tippett or McLellan, our team's fortunes have still turned the corner. McDavid & Babcock are the holy grail; but we don't NEED them to right this ship.

For sure. I'd sign up for Eichel and McLellan with a huge smile on my face. I'm just thinking of the outcome that would force even the "because Buffalo" crowd to acknowledge things had changed.

For sure. I'd sign up for Eichel and McLellan with a huge smile on my face. I'm just thinking of the outcome that would force even the "because Buffalo" crowd to acknowledge things had changed.

Do you REALLY believe that Conner and Mike can bring THAT crowd around?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.