Third Jersey Redesign

sabills

Those numbers are awesome. Didn't a news station around here use a font like that?

Channel 2 did in the 80s.

http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/WGRZ-TV

(fun fact: you can change the URL to WIVB and WKBW for a nice stroll down memory lane)

EDIT: Channel 49 did too:

http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/WNYO-TV

Edited by Met'yuPirog

I still want him to actually eat it.

Someone show me some sales numbers. I want to know how bad it really did.

In all seriousness, a really forward thinking pro sports club would do something tongue ni cheek with TB via social media -- something that at least gave a nod to his promise to "eat" the jersey if it turdburgered. How about an auction for a customized version of the jersey with the number 15, relevant signatures, etc.? how about a #turdburger clearance sale with a week's worth of net proceeds going to the Sabres Foundation, Hasek's Heroes, etc.? How about Instagramming a picture of TB at a grill wearing the jersey and cooking up something pretty gross looking? Or just barbecuing the jersey itself?

In all seriousness, a really forward thinking pro sports club would do something tongue ni cheek with TB via social media -- something that at least gave a nod to his promise to "eat" the jersey if it turdburgered. How about an auction for a customized version of the jersey with the number 15, relevant signatures, etc.? how about a #turdburger clearance sale with a week's worth of net proceeds going to the Sabres Foundation, Hasek's Heroes, etc.? How about Instagramming a picture of TB at a grill wearing the jersey and cooking up something pretty gross looking? Or just barbecuing the jersey itself?

It's what any person capable of laughing at themselves would do.

I don't think Ted is that kinda guy. I get the feeling he's legitimately bothered by how poorly his jersey was received.

I mean, it's his isn't it?

Ted blames the fans. Calls it "third jersey fatigue." Incapable of owning up to his own mistake he's decided that we just don't want any third jersey.

What a dope.

It's what any person capable of laughing at themselves would do.

I don't think Ted is that kinda guy. I get the feeling he's legitimately bothered by how poorly his jersey was received.

I mean, it's his isn't it?

Ted blames the fans. Calls it "third jersey fatigue." Incapable of owning up to his own mistake he's decided that we just don't want any third jersey.

What a dope.

That may be the right read on him - probably is.

Still, it's weird for a guy like that to have said what he said a while back (the turd burger remark).

Did he talk about 3rd jersey fatigue this morning?

That may be the right read on him - probably is.

Still, it's weird for a guy like that to have said what he said a while back (the turd burger remark).

Did he talk about 3rd jersey fatigue this morning?

I'm being told he made that remark. I haven't been able to listen.

Pegula's legal team should be able to get the Buffalo Bisons retro uniforms clear with Pepsi. This zinger should have been the Sabres uniform all along. Instead we've run the gamut, from crap to boring.

post-2267-0-20940600-1426167164_thumb.jpg

post-2267-0-25325400-1426167360_thumb.jpg

Edited by 716

Pegula's legal team should be able to get the Buffalo Bisons retro uniforms clear with Pepsi. This should have been the Sabres uniform all along. Instead we've run the gamut, from crap to boring.

I mean, thats a pretty slick jersey. I'd even be fine with it sans the cap, just the script like on the thirds from 2 years ago

yes TB did say that... but he also did kind of own it and say he didn't really think it all the way thru.  I didn't take it like "this market doesn't want 3rd jersey's", I took it as like he said... basically this is the 3rd or 4th alternate jersey in the last few years (although the one did become the main current home jersey) and it's probably not a great idea to keep flooding the fans with different options every year.

He also said 2020, the 50th anniversary year would be a good time for another one and if they did make a 'new' one, it wouldn't be until that time.

yes TB did say that... but he also did kind of own it and say he didn't really think it all the way thru. I didn't take it like "this market doesn't want 3rd jersey's", I took it as like he said... basically this is the 3rd or 4th alternate jersey in the last few years (although the one did become the main current home jersey) and it's probably not a great idea to keep flooding the fans with different options every year.

He also said 2020, the 50th anniversary year would be a good time for another one and if they did make a 'new' one, it wouldn't be until that time.

If they were smart 2020 is the year they bring back the old jerseys entirely.

If they were smart 2020 is the year they bring back the old jerseys entirely.

Or, at least, something a little closer to them.  The thirds in 2006-07 looked a little plain/dated, but that could be fixed with less dramatic changes than the current set has.  Royal blue (or, again, something closer to it; certainly, less black looking on TV) would be a must, as would removing the silver/gray.  The Winter Classic jerseys seemed like a darker royal than the originals, but not nearly as dark as the current set:

78689097_display_image.jpg?1322172863

Edited by carpandean

I like those winter classic jerseys. They might already be there but add the B with the sword through it on the shoulder unless they are the captain/alternates... in which case use the logo from the current 3rd jersey for that.

Absolutely not. We have to be smart enough as a fan base to recognize that we cannot give them any leeway because they WILL screw it up.

It's this or nothing. Anything else and they will surely screw it up.

FR28gtt.jpeg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.