GDT Sabres at Red Wings 1-18-2015 8PM NBCSN, WGR

Brawndo

I played a game last night (in the spirit of trying to feel better from this damn cold). I took Nyquil just before the game started, and I wanted to see how long I could stay awake. Luckily got to see 2/3 of the Sabres first period goals live...woke up to watch the replay of the third goal. fun times...

I would simply like the GDT's to be a place where cheering for losing doesn't occur, because I disagree with the concept to my core and it makes me deeply angry to see people do it.

I'm fairly pro Tank but you won't see me actively rooting against Buffalo. Maybe a snide come every game or three but never "awesome the other team just scored".

Quite frankly, I think posters engaging in such activity should move that type of commentary to one of the several Tank threads. Including in GDT just makes people irate.

I'm fairly pro Tank but you won't see me actively rooting against Buffalo. Maybe a snide come every game or three but never "awesome the other team just scored".

Quite frankly, I think posters engaging in such activity should move that type of commentary to one of the several Tank threads. Including in GDT just makes people irate.

What exactly is that? Is that like a Vanek face when you have a happy ending? :flirt:

How is all this negativity in discussing the game any different than discussing the tank? They go hand in hand. Regardless of what freaking thread it is.

It IS different because some of us are angry when the Sabres play poorly, whereas others are positively giddy about it.

I would simply like the GDT's to be a place where cheering for losing doesn't occur, because I disagree with the concept to my core and it makes me deeply angry to see people do it.

^THIS.

As always, you look great. Ain't you a mod though? Time to crack down on that bzdorzno.

I seem to remember getting banned three days just for facetiously rooting for the Penguins.

I didn't mean your smeshnost. That was LOL! I meant all that bzdorzno upthread rooting for other teams. Lookin' good, btw. Too bad you are way out of my league and have so many boyfriends.

Neither are great goaltenders. :( Not great enough to carry a last placed team to first place, I mean. And there's the sad possibility that neither will make it in our "system."

The fact that they are outside the bottom 5 in combined save percentage says something for both goaltenders.

Where's the tank Images when we really need them? Seriously, these tank fans are the same one's that walzed out of the Comeback Game thinking they wanted to be first to call in to the Coach with reasons Elway is better than Kelly. These tank fans are low lives literally. They're not even Players, and they're certainly not Fans.

If I was to devise a way to wreck a franchise, I'd advocate tanking. I'd make losing seem like winning, and I'd convince as many people as I could.

Then we'll see what happens.

Where's the tank Images when we really need them? Seriously, these tank fans are the same one's that walzed out of the Comeback Game thinking they wanted to be first to call in to the Coach with reasons Elway is better than Kelly. These tank fans are low lives literally. They're not even Players, and they're certainly not Fans.

If I was to devise a way to wreck a franchise, I'd advocate tanking. I'd make losing seem like winning, and I'd convince as many people as I could.

Then we'll see what happens.

So people are low lives because they are sick and tired of Sabres team that have been stuck mid-pack for what seems like forever? I'm sorry that you are pissed off that you don't get that flood of dopamine for those extra 20+ games they normally win in a season. No one is sitting here with the attitude that they would rather have this ###### team then a cup contender but at this time the only way this team moves forward is by getting the best talent possible. The only reason people are hoping to finish last this year is because in the long run it gets this team to where it needs to be faster. The only thing more painful for a lot of people would be enduring this crap season and not get anything for it as we watch 2 amazing players play for others teams, thinking about what could of been.

Edited by Vicarious

So people are low lives because they are sick and tired of Sabres team that have been stuck mid-pack for what seems like forever? I'm sorry that you are pissed off that you don't get that flood of dopamine for those extra 20+ games they normally win in a season. No one is sitting here with the attitude that they would rather have this ###### team then a cup contender but at this time the only way this team moves forward is by getting the best talent possible. The only reason people are hoping to finish last this year is because in the long run it gets this team to where it needs to be faster. The only thing more painful for a lot of people would be enduring this crap season and not get anything for it as we watch 2 amazing players play for others teams thinking about what could of been.

Crap avatar. Way too modern for my tastes.

Aside from that, you're mad as heck, and you're not going to take it anymore. Well, I'm madder than heck. What if we picked second, and pick one wins everything, and we win nothing. That would just burn my toast!

See how mad I am? What do you think about that?!

Aside from that, you're mad as heck, and you're not going to take it anymore. Well, I'm madder than heck. What if we picked second, and pick one wins everything, and we win nothing. That would just burn my toast!

See how mad I am? What do you think about that?!

How do you like your potatoes?

Ristolainen could start purposely shooting pucks at this own net and benching him for Meszaros would still be wrong.

Interesting that the chief proponent of sucking now to build the future would take a stance like this. What's the problem? Ristolainen sits from time to time to aid his development, while the chance of winning declines a bit.

Tank fan here and entire comeback game attendee.

As am I.

I would be fine with the Sabres losing every game until 30th is locked up.

That being said tank talk in the GDTs does not belong. The GDTs are the board's "logo on the locker room floor", they should respected no matter how tarnished the product is.

As am I.

I would be fine with the Sabres losing every game until 30th is locked up.

That being said tank talk in the GDTs does not belong. The GDTs are the board's "logo on the locker room floor", they should respected no matter how tarnished the product is.

I agree and I've tried to adhere to that although I may have slipped a few times recently with the giddiness that comes with such stellar CHL play. There's no need to troll our fellow Sabres fans just because we disagree on the best way forward. To the Carrion thread. Go Sabres!

Edited by Claude_Verret

So people are low lives because they are sick and tired of Sabres team that have been stuck mid-pack for what seems like forever? I'm sorry that you are pissed off that you don't get that flood of dopamine for those extra 20+ games they normally win in a season. No one is sitting here with the attitude that they would rather have this ###### team then a cup contender but at this time the only way this team moves forward is by getting the best talent possible. The only reason people are hoping to finish last this year is because in the long run it gets this team to where it needs to be faster. The only thing more painful for a lot of people would be enduring this crap season and not get anything for it as we watch 2 amazing players play for others teams, thinking about what could of been.

I think what he meant was welcome to the board.

Interesting that the chief proponent of sucking now to build the future would take a stance like this. What's the problem? Ristolainen sits from time to time to aid his development, while the chance of winning declines a bit.

For what I hope will be, but know won't be, the last time: tanking is a management construct. This team could ice its best roster every night and still be the worst team in the league. Given that, I still want the future core to be playing, and playing in situations to maximize their development. The young talent developing is crucial, so let them play and take their lumps unless their level of play sinks to a point where the benching will benefit them more than playing.

For what I hope will be, but know won't be, the last time: tanking is a management construct. This team could ice its best roster every night and still be the worst team in the league. Given that, I still want the future core to be playing, and playing in situations to maximize their development. The young talent developing is crucial, so let them play and take their lumps unless their level of play sinks to a point where the benching will benefit them more than playing.

I don't think sitting in the press box every now and again will have any negative effect whatsoever on long term development.

I don't think sitting in the press box every now and again will have any negative effect whatsoever on long term development.

It's not so much thinking it will have a negative effect as it is not thinking it will have a positive one. I don't mind him sitting when earned, I just don't think his play had sunk to a level to justify benching him for Mess.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.