GDT: Senators at Sabres 12-15-2015 7PM

spndnchz

I predict a case of the Sabres playing down to the level of their opponent and having a tough game. I hope I'm wrong. When was the last time there was talk of the Sabres playing down to their opponent? Been a while, for sure.

Well I called it. But they got away with one. I think that for long stretches of the game the whole team just kinda floated. The bore down when they needed to and pulled out a win. But they gotta learn how to protect a lead.

I haven't been this nervous for a game in a while. Go win this one boys!

Not me. I just accepted that this is their fourth game so they would lose. They won??? Bonus.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

Risto and Zadorov are really freakin' good. It isn't a coincidence that we've been on a tear since putting that pair together.

And, all of our lines are starting to chip in with goals. Good to see.

Everything turned around when RJ came back for that game against Toronto.

That was 13 games ago.

we've got 10 wins and only one home loss since then.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

So if Buffalo, Nashville, Calgary, and Washington win tomorrow, we're 2 points out of a playoff spot. Imagine if we snuck in, and got the Habs or Bolts? Nolan would unleash Zemgus Nikita and Rasmus and they'd grind those sissy teams into a pulp. 5 games max.

######, I know how impossible this is but it still gave me a ######.

So if Buffalo, Nashville, Calgary, and Washington win tomorrow, we're 2 points out of a playoff spot. Imagine if we snuck in, and got the Habs or Bolts? Nolan would unleash Zemgus Nikita and Rasmus and they'd grind those sissy teams into a pulp. 5 games max.

######, I know how impossible this is but it still gave me a ######.

If this team makes the playoffs we get swept. Likely by a double-digit goal differential.

If this team makes the playoffs we get swept. Likely by a double-digit goal differential.

That's a loser's mentality. You should be ashamed.

The Sabres and citizens of Buffalo are winners. We pity you (the fool).

You'd kill yourself for the life insurance.

Edited by Yuri Olesha

Asking somebody not to talk about how they want the season to play out within the game thread: okay. Asking somebody not to joke about somebody taking their own life? Don't do that.

Deleted the profanity. Because I'll attempt to be the adult here. Just don't do it. There's a million other things you can say to make the same point and "put me in my place." Just not that.

Edited by Tank

Asking somebody not to talk about how they want the season to play out within the game thread: okay. Asking somebody not to joke about somebody taking their own life? Don't do that.

Deleted the profanity. Because I'll attempt to be the adult here. Just don't do it. There's a million other things you can say to make the same point and "put me in my place." Just not that.

You'd refuse a promotion, to be assured that you can collect welfare.

Don't be such a Tim Connolly.

This team is resilient - and it doesn't seem like a fluke either.

Let's see what happens when the games actually matter. When the streak started, the team was dead last. Really pathetic. This winning thing is a novelty and right now it's fun. If they actually get into a playoff position and games begin to matter, they might start to hold their sticks too tight. I hope that if the winning continues Nolan tells them to not worry if they win or lose, just play for the love of the game. This is already a lost season so any good that comes out of it is bonus. If they make the playoffs? Bonus. If they win a playoff series? Bonus. Anything they achieve is bonus.

Edited by Neuvirths Glove

I'm hoping we run into a hot team soon. One who is coached up and doesn't play their backup goalie. One who is out for blood. Then we'll find out what this team really is. Will they get run over or keep going? Will they be a literal tank or a figurative one?

I'm hoping we run into a hot team soon. One who is coached up and doesn't play their backup goalie. One who is out for blood. Then we'll find out what this team really is. Will they get run over or keep going? Will they be a literal tank or a figurative one?

I'm hoping so too, and that general management starts giving us the best chance to win now. We might be turning that corner. My services may be needed down-canal in Rochester.

Edited by Yuri Olesha

I'm hoping we run into a hot team soon.

The Sabres won 3 of 4 games in a row against Montreal and Tampa Bay when both were at the top of the conference. Do you get any hotter than that?

I'm hoping so too, and that general management starts giving us the best chance to win now. We might be turning that corner. My services may be needed down-canal in Rochester.

Rochester is down-canal from Buffalo.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.