GDT: Panthers @ Sabres, 12/13/2014, 7:00 pm, MSG

I am Defecting

Are we....good?!

Good? Right now, yes. Don't even think about great yet. We got a ways to go.

Hardest. Working. Team.

I'm saving the ultimate moniker for when they ice the REAL team.

BTW, Ennis is turning into a little beast.

I really think putting him on Girgs's wing freed him to be himself. If he's the center, does he dipsy-doodle around in the corner like that before setting up the winning goal? No way.

I really think putting him on Girgs's wing freed him to be himself. If he's the center, does he dipsy-doodle around in the corner like that before setting up the winning goal? No way.

I don't have a great feel for Nolan's system, but it seems like the centers are required to always be responsible defensively (hang back a bit) while the wingers are given the green light to create. Maybe I'm wrong, but it just seems that way.

Hardest. Working. Team.

I'm saving the ultimate moniker for when they ice the REAL team.

BTW, Ennis is turning into a little beast.

I think lost in all this sometimes, is ennis and girgensons have established themselves as top 6 forwards, and zadorov and ristolainen are establishing themselves as top 4 defensemen. That is young nucleus experiencing a lot of success. A big part of me just wants to see grigorenko and armia up to help in the top 6 (I still think we only have 3 legit top 6 forwards on this team, i dont think the gionta-mitchell-flynn line counts haha)

get rid of stewart, hodgson, and kaleta. And ice a deslauriers - Schaller/Larsson - Foligno line and ice a stafford-grigorenko-armia line (hey i can dream)

Edited by Johnny DangerFace

Tyler Ennis is playing the best hockey of his career.

A forward who can create — after all this time, there was actually one already in the roster.

As bad as the Hodgson contract looks at the moment, the Ennis one is starting to look pretty good.

I'm still not ready to give up on Hodgson. I think it's more likely than not he won't stick, but I think there's a realistic chance Nolan can pull him in. Right now he's on the outside looking in, but he's moving in the right direction. I honestly kind of like him as a 4th line center - put him with two defensively responsible wingers and let him be the creativity on the line. I read that one of the things Nolan wanted CoHo to realize when he saw the game from the press box was that he had more room around him than he realized. At times tonight he looked kind of like Ennis, hungry for the puck, jukin' and turnin' in the offensive zone, creating opportunities. If he can develop that and start finding the open man for the shot, he might be good piece of the rebuild.

And they outshot the Panthers. Believe it or don't.

I'm still not ready to give up on Hodgson. I think it's more likely than not he won't stick, but I think there's a realistic chance Nolan can pull him in. Right now he's on the outside looking in, but he's moving in the right direction. I honestly kind of like him as a 4th line center - put him with two defensively responsible wingers and let him be the creativity on the line. I read that one of the things Nolan wanted CoHo to realize when he saw the game from the press box was that he had more room around him than he realized. At times tonight he looked kind of like Ennis, hungry for the puck, jukin' and turnin' in the offensive zone, creating opportunities. If he can develop that and start finding the open man for the shot, he might be good piece of the rebuild.

I like that point a lot. I was thinking how Nolan lets Ennis be himself, and he might just be working the old mumbo jumbo on Hodgersons too. It's like a Flow with Nolan, rather than a strict Ruffian System. Nolan might be Zen.

That OT goal was a thing of beauty by the young core. Girgs forechecking and working the puck to give Ennis room, Ennis making moves and passes, Zadorov's first shot misses due to a deflection but Girgs and Ennis outwork Florida, Girgs gets it back to Ennis, Girgs boxes out the two D-men for Ennis who spies a sneaky Nikita gives him a perfect pass to which he puts top shelf. It was just beautiful.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.