NHL CenterIce

Schoney Donut

I'm one of those Sabres' fans from out of town and it drives me crazy that for all the money I spend, my cable provider rarely ever puts the MSG/Sabres' feed on the CenterIce package. Is it just my provider or are other Sabres' fans outside Buffalo having the same problem?

I always got both feeds in SD and HD with Center Ice for Directv unless we were playing the Hurricanes because I live in NC.

I'm one of those Sabres' fans from out of town and it drives me crazy that for all the money I spend, my cable provider rarely ever puts the MSG/Sabres' feed on the CenterIce package. Is it just my provider or are other Sabres' fans outside Buffalo having the same problem?

I'm an out-of-towner as well, but I'm using NHLGCL and have the MSG feed, so could be your provider. Seems like with CI in the past I usually had MSG as an option, but it was SD only for away games and HD at home.

Thanks for the info. My provider tells me it is CenterIce that gives them the feed. Really frustrating. Kills me not to have RJ in his final years.

You can stream him by WGR550 or TuneIn, but not sure how well the audio and video will sync up.

You can stream him by WGR550 or TuneIn, but not sure how well the audio and video will sync up.

I've tried it... off by something like 5 minutes. Not worth it.

I always get all the feeds on DirecTV. The only time I don't get both feeds is if the game is on NBCSports Network, the NHL Network, or they play the Dallas Stars (the local team).

The game tonight (Caps) was on MSG HD and SD tonight; if your provider said it wasn't available, they're lying to you.

I had this issue up until this season when I switched to DirecTV. My old cable provider gave me most games in low def (for the same price, of course) and normally only had the home team feed.

Edited by Potato

I have fios and if they have a full night of games they will generally only have one feed per game. It is usually the home team feed, but not always. They have done a better job this year of having all the feeds when there are only a few games on a given night. It's always available in HD as well.

I've tried it... off by something like 5 minutes. Not worth it.

I always get all the feeds on DirecTV. The only time I don't get both feeds is if the game is on NBCSports Network, the NHL Network, or they play the Dallas Stars (the local team).

The game tonight (Caps) was on MSG HD and SD tonight; if your provider said it wasn't available, they're lying to you.

I'm going back to my cable provider. Brutal.

NHL Gamecenter allows me to chose the feed I want. When they do the condensed version of the game though they use the home feed. It made the Capitals game hilarious, they couldn't figure out how we won.

I think that's only with Apple TV or on a game system. On a computer, you have both the home and away (as well as French, if it's the Canadians) condensed choices.

I know I've mentioned this before, but just in case anyone cares, GCL looks the best on Apple TV. On the computer, the picture is clear but the motion is a little choppy. On a PS the motion is great but it's a little blurry. With Apple TV you get the best of both worlds, It's clear with smooth motion.

I think that's only with Apple TV or on a game system. On a computer, you have both the home and away (as well as French, if it's the Canadians) condensed choices.

I know I've mentioned this before, but just in case anyone cares, GCL looks the best on Apple TV. On the computer, the picture is clear but the motion is a little choppy. On a PS the motion is great but it's a little blurry. With Apple TV you get the best of both worlds, It's clear with smooth motion.

Are we talking about condensed as in the 1.5 hour no-commercials-no-intermissions but-all-the-play or the 10-11 minute extended highlights? On my PS3, the "replay" (as they refer to the 1.5 hour version) is available for both feeds, but the "condensed" is only one version (usually home team, I think).

I'm surprised the Apple TV would be better than a computer given the difference in capability. I haven't really used my computer attached to the big TV for NHL, I'll have to try it one of these days to see if my configuration matches your observations.

Yes I run my feed via the PS4. It occasionally goes blurry but that is my internet not the PS4 but most times it's crystal clear HD.

Condensed meaning the 10minute extended highlights.

Same with me. Dish Network in Nebraska. Some games are not even in HD. I may get 2-3 games a year with the Sabres broadcast team.

Just get gamecenter and a good internet connection and understand you will be about 1-2mins behind live broadcasts. You'll get the Buffalo feed every single time. The only thing that sucks is the playoffs (I don't remember these anymore) and national games are on TV.

Personally I think the NHL should stream the first round because sometime your team makes the playoffs but you can't watch the games, it's total bs.

Just get gamecenter and a good internet connection and understand you will be about 1-2mins behind live broadcasts. You'll get the Buffalo feed every single time. The only thing that sucks is the playoffs (I don't remember these anymore) and national games are on TV.

Personally I think the NHL should stream the first round because sometime your team makes the playoffs but you can't watch the games, it's total bs.

I'm pretty sure NBC.com streams every playoff game,… I think. I know I watched a few on it last year.

really, well I feel foolish now. Thanks for the info.

There may be a catch, though. I don't quite remember if you have to sign up for something (like yahoosports or NBCS account) or if you have to show that you already have a TV provider. I do know that between NBCSN, MSNBC, CNBC, and I think even USA, Every playoff game is televised.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.