GDT: 10/22/14 Sabres at Ducks 10:30 MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Can't believe i was worried about the tank hah :D

Seriously i think Hodgson needs a good center to play with, and this team needs one to win faceoffs.

hopefully grigs can become that.

On gionta, don't think he is over the hill yet, but he isn't a 2nd liner, he has his spot lower on a good team.

My guess is Connor McDavid is contemplating quitting hockey right now.

I would be terrified at the thought of the Sabres drafting me.

When he got interviewed at the arena and took the microphone he sounded rather enamored with the Buffalo crowd and it was a mutual thing. I'm sure he wont quit hockey or pull a Lindros, Eli manning type of deal.

When will some of you realize Myers is not going to get "nasty". Skating, strength, his shot - those he can practice and get better at. NASTY is a different story. You either have it or you don't. Something that your born with.

The guy is in his 6th year. It's not happening. He may show you a glimpse once in a blue moon but usually it will take a stick to the balls to get it out of him.

When will some of you realize Myers is not going to get "nasty". Skating, strength, his shot - those he can practice and get better at. NASTY is a different story. You either have it or you don't. Something that your born with.

The guy is in his 6th year. It's not happening. He may show you a glimpse once in a blue moon but usually it will take a stick to the balls to get it out of him.

He did get a game misconduct last night.

He did get a game misconduct last night.

This is a problem with Myers getting "nasty", he does not have the luxury of the officials allowing him to do whatever he wants such as Chara does. It seems any time Myers does get physical, he's shown the gate. I'm not saying it's why Myers has not shown more toughness, but if/when he does, as long as he's wearing the blue and gold, the stripes/league will put an end to it. JMO

So my impression watching the game was that the Sabres aren't exactly good, but they played a decent game.

- I noticed more physical play from guys like Stafford and Hodgson than I was expecting which is a good thing.

- For a long time, I didn't think Ennis really had a place on a good team because of his size, but I'm finally coming around to the idea that he plays with enough fire to make up for it.

- Reinhart didn't look out of place often, but I didn't see anything particularly great. He does seem to be getting his legs under him compared to the earlier games, which hopefully means he'll get a lot better. If after 6 games he's playing as well as Flynn, we're already positive. :)

I didn't watch the game, nor the highlights. So, I don't really know how the Sabres looked.

The score sheet tells me that the Ennis goal made it 2 -1 with about 5 minutes left in the 3rd. That tends to tell me that the Sabres did not stink up the place, but maybe I am wrong.

Is Samson drunk?

He's not ready for the NHL. Not even slightly ready to engage men in puck battles. I don't hate the idea of playing him between a couple of tough SOBs, but he's not joining in yet, so our 4th line is basically useless.

Hodgson, Moulson, and Ennis will all look better when we're actually playing them with other real hockey players.

I didn't watch the game, nor the highlights. So, I don't really know how the Sabres looked.

The score sheet tells me that the Ennis goal made it 2 -1 with about 5 minutes left in the 3rd. That tends to tell me that the Sabres did not stink up the place, but maybe I am wrong.

This is pretty true, up until then the Sabres played well. Neuvirth was solid.

One thing grabbed my attention last night.

for most of the game face-off wins were matching shots on goal.

I think the last 2 minutes ruined it but it remained close.

Buffalo - Won 21 FO 37% 23 Shots 40% of game shots.

Ducks- Won 36 FO 63% 34 Shots 60% of game shots.

Hard to win with those numbers.

Edited by X. Benedict

Hard to win when most of the team's players are incapable of playing at an NHL level.

GMTM has brought us Tanksign, the likes of which even God has never seen!

Tim Murray is a genius. Give the league false hope by saying we are going to improve by signing free agents and throwing money around. But the true goal is to be the worst team guaranteeing at least Eichel if we can't win the lottery. I thought they were bad last year but this years squad is worse. I know people want Grigs in the lineup when Reinhart gets sent back but I say keep him in Rochester and be the man and Kaleta fills Reinharts spot. Continue the tank please. I would like to know if we lose the lottery that we still can land Eichel.

Hard to win when most of the team's players are incapable of playing at an NHL level.

GMTM has brought us Tanksign, the likes of which even God has never seen!

I agree but in all honesty the Ennis line would be better if playing against teams second lines. They are the acting number 1 line. Sad thing is Nolan is known for hard working teams but even this team doesn't do that.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.