Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Even when we weren't great, I thought it was a fun brand of hockey. Look at the Stars this year, they're pretty mediocre but a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

I guess it's appropriate that he brought Alamo mode to Texas.

:ph34r:

I really think these past two seasons have completely warped some memories around here.

I really think these past two seasons have completely warped some memories around here.

How true! But each must deal with the trauma of the last few years in their own way. We have been watching the worst hockey any fan should endure, any previous memory of Sabres hockey, in general, has to be better than what we are currently made to digest.

The last time the team wasn't groan inducing was 2010-2011.  After that there were some good moments, but I could never shake the sinking feeling that our team didn't have it.

The last time the team wasn't groan inducing was 2010-2011.  After that there were some good moments, but I could never shake the sinking feeling that our team didn't have it.

And "not groan inducing" isn't even remotely close to "exciting" hockey.

Well, this tournament is officially over. No Myers, no Stafford, about to lose Enroth and Stewart......no way in fack we  don't take home the Shart now

...and it sounds like Enroth is half-way out the door already.   Once he's gone, this team might not lose another game the rest of the season.    Put a bow on The Shart.   

...and it sounds like Enroth is half-way out the door already.   Once he's gone, this team might not lose another game the rest of the season.    Put a bow on The Shart.

Remember, this is Buffalo sports, never ever count out the most improbable of scenarios. When I here the words "and with the first overall pick the Buffalo Sabres..." , I will put a bow on it. Till then, I'm nervous..

Edited by Woods-Racer

Remember, this is Buffalo sports, never ever count out the most improbable of scenarios. When I here the words "and with the first overall pick the Buffalo Sabres..." , I will put a bow on it. Till then, I'm nervous..

Indeed!  I'm just waiting for the improbable 6-7 game win streak with Matt Ellis leading the charge.  I toss and turn at night with the thoughts of "with the 3rd pick, Buffalo selects Biggie McProject".   "Despite scoring only two goals in the QMJHL, he has NHL ready size....this guys has lots of potential even if he is soft in the corners".  "We'll change him!"

This thing is in the bank.

We might not lose another game.

I was just going to post the same thing. If you doubted where the Sabres will finish last night, you have no reason to doubt anymore that they clinch the CHL.

Some random standings stuff (using actual NHL standings)

• Currently on pace for 52 points. 22 of the 29 other teams in the NHL already have that or more.
  • A PPG pace the rest of the way would leave Buffalo with 62 points. 15 of the other 29 have that.
  • 7 teams have double the current 35 point output. Only team that you can double their points and still not be in first.
  • The most points possible if they win out is 89 points... 09-10 was the last time a team that low made the playoffs. 02-03 before that.

Magic numbers to be eliminated from passing these teams:

Nashville - 12

Anaheim - 15

St. Louis, Tampa Bay - 16

Montreal - 17

Detroit, NYI - 19

Pittsburgh, Chicago - 20

New York Rangers - 23

Washington, Winnipeg - 24

Calgary, Boston, San Jose, Vancouver - 27

Florida, Minnesota - 31

Los Angeles, Dallas - 32

Philly, Colorado - 35

Ottawa, New Jersey - 39

Toronto - 40

Columbus - 41

Arizona - 43

Carolina - 45

Edmonton - 51

Edited by Tank

This thing is in the bank.

We might not lose another game.

Wasn't that the prevailing wisdom when 29 got traded?

I fully expect that to be the case but won't pop the champale until it's official.

All in all, this was a good CHL day. Faaaar more action in this thread than would be expected on a typical league wide maintenance day.

I fully expect that to be the case but won't pop the champale until it's official.

All in all, this was a good CHL day. Faaaar more action in this thread than would be expected on a typical league wide maintenance day.

who?

This.  It's getting closer but lets not start the celebration just yet