Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

True, but Kessel had 37 goals while Hall had 27.

They do get their points in different ways, and I concede that we need more of the 35-45 goal-scorer-variety of forwards. I just think I'd take Hall, who has 130 points in his last 120 games at 23 years old, over Kessel or Vanek, presently, and probably also over Kessel a few years ago, but that's mainly because I've never once liked Phil Kessel at all.

As far as what it would take to get Hall on our team? I don't know what it would take but I bet the price is something Tim, and thus I, would balk at.

I will say this, if we want a pure sniper, skinner would be much easier to obtain. He is younger and just as good of a goal scorer. However, his size and injury concerns are even more of an issue. And he lacks the playmaking skills of hall. Definitely not as good, but is nonetheless a pure goal scorer who is cheaper to get

So Hall is in a leadership role and doesn't want to adapt and you think he'll suddenly change when he's not in one? I'm not sure the logic plays out. I wouldn't trade the stable for him. Hall is a very good player but right now the Sabres have put themselves in a great position to set themselves up for awhile. They are already competitive and they should improve. Trading away 1st round picks, in a deep draft, is insane. If it's possible to pull talent like Perry and Getzlaf from this draft I would not trade those away to Edmonton for Hall.

I just don't see the Sabres giving away their #1 picks this year unless it's something amazing. Certainly not their #1 picks AND players for 1 player.

I don't think there is one 23 year old who would react like everyone here seems to want him to when he is the best player on a bad team who also is thrust into leading the team. I know I am certainly a much different person now than I was at 23.

Maybe, just maybe, being able to take a back seat on the leading the team out of suckitude will allow Taylor Hall to focus more on his game and produce without the leadership tag distracting him. Let established veterans lead the locker room.

The Sabres may not have tons of talent right now, but I do think we have strong veteran leadership.

Edited by Touched by Boyes

A guy who can't stay healthy early in his career, is only going to break down more as the game takes its toll on his body. I'll pass...especially considering some of the proposals being thrown around here, and the comments about his unwillingness to change his style of play.

Injury history...

post-55-0-56926500-1418751294_thumb.png

Edited by LabattBlue

A guy who can't stay healthy early in his career, is only going to break down more as the game takes its toll on his body. I'll pass...especially considering some of the proposals being thrown around here, and the comments about his unwillingness to change his style of play.

I will say that players of Hall's talent that have the work ethic and hustle of our Girgensons are never available in trades and rarely if ever see Free Agency. The only time players of that talent level are available for trade are when there are work ethic/maturity issues.

Look, I'm not in love with the player, but let's not undersell his value: the Sabres haven't had a player of Hall's talent since Patty and Alex were lighting it up.

He's got his flaws - and is apparently a bit of an arrogant dick - but he is a top 10 scorer in this league.

Hall won't likely get traded til the draft or maybe the deadline if someone gets a little crazy. Not sure how it plays out but I am not sure Buffalo will make a play for him. I would guess it would be Ristolainen 1st round pick, and Compher/Grigorenko someone along those lines to get the ball rolling. I just am not sure that is worth it. If you could do Pysyk/McCabe, NYI 1st, and then a forward be it prospect or NHL level maybe.

If I were Edm and Buffalo came calling for Hall: A 2015 1st, Ristolainen, JT Compher, and Cody Hodgson and Nick Deslauriers.

... Did you really have to be a dick?

Can't even say a nice thing with one of the old-timers deciding to be a total douche. What a joke.

I will give you unsolicited advice, when they are like that it is best to ignore them or respond with humor.

Edited by LGR4GM

Hall won't likely get traded til the draft or maybe the deadline if someone gets a little crazy. Not sure how it plays out but I am not sure Buffalo will make a play for him. I would guess it would be Ristolainen 1st round pick, and Compher/Grigorenko someone along those lines to get the ball rolling. I just am not sure that is worth it. If you could do Pysyk/McCabe, NYI 1st, and then a forward be it prospect or NHL level maybe.

If I were Edm and Buffalo came calling for Hall: A 2015 1st, Ristolainen, JT Compher, and Cody Hodgson and Nick Deslauriers.

I will give you unsolicited advice, when they are like that it is best to ignore them or respond with humor.

I'm not one to ignore people who feel they're better than everybody else and can just come into a place that isn't theirs and attempt to run it.

Not that fighting it will ever get anywhere since they're so entrenched in their ways.

Edited by Tank

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.