SabreSpaceBlue & SabreSpaceGold 2014-2015 Edition

nobody

I'm just wondering if I was able to pick up enough goals and assists.

I'm really happy with what I brought in on the other stats.

This was one of the more experimental drafts I've ever done. I elected to base it entirely on one stat category to see if the others fall in line with it.

Nothing else has granted me a championship in Gold so let's see where it goes. :P

So was it time on ice? If so, worth watching how you do.

I'm just wondering if I was able to pick up enough goals and assists.

I'm really happy with what I brought in on the other stats.

So was it time on ice? If so, worth watching how you do.

Kind of. I started with PPP assuming that PP time indicated more ice time which gives more opportunity to shoot and therefore more opportunities to tally points. Essentially I wanted to avoid players who might have been scoring too many points in proportion to ice time in order to avoid picking players that might have had an anomalous 2013 season.

I have no idea what to expect but I feel like the logic is somewhat sound.

Kind of. I started with PPP assuming that PP time indicated more ice time which gives more opportunity to shoot and therefore more opportunities to tally points. Essentially I wanted to avoid players who might have been scoring too many points in proportion to ice time in order to avoid picking players that might have had an anomalous 2013 season.

I have no idea what to expect but I feel like the logic is somewhat sound.

I had a list of 100 players broken down by position with some stats. Outside of not getting Stastny, I like my draft.

I can't get the time zones to change, does it matter if I'm on PT to draft with?

Only if you're Geno Smith. :)

To change the time zone you have to go into your yahoo account settings.

Just show up in 10 minutes or so.

Edited by nobody

Ok this sounds really dumb but I'm going to ask it anyways since this is my first year. If your usual guys arn't playing on a certain day you should put your bench players in their place right? Therefore, you pretty much always want the max players going that you can. I assume goaltending may be slightly more discretionary based on your averages.

Ok this sounds really dumb but I'm going to ask it anyways since this is my first year. If your usual guys arn't playing on a certain day you should put your bench players in their place right? Therefore, you pretty much always want the max players going that you can. I assume goaltending may be slightly more discretionary based on your averages.

Right - fill up your roster daily with players that are playing that day.

only exception i can think of is the +/- stat. but that would be a odd reason to not play a player. but yes goaltending would a bit different.

Is the Gold league like Fantasy Football, a H2H points league where every category gets awarded a certain amount of points? I know I was told that the Blue league is easier to pick up free agents, but not sure how that fits in to the actual format. Just curious is all..............

Is the Gold league like Fantasy Football, a H2H points league where every category gets awarded a certain amount of points? I know I was told that the Blue league is easier to pick up free agents, but not sure how that fits in to the actual format. Just curious is all..............

Both Blue n Gold are head to head formats. When you say points, I assume you mean like in Football where 10yrds gets you 1 point. That isn't at all how it works. You get 1 goal for every 1 goal your group scores. So if you score 20goals and your opponent scores 15 you win the goals category and for each category you win you get 2pts. 1pt for a tie. 0 for a loss.

Gold has only 2 bench spots, meaning you have to have a pretty solid team because you can't sub in a ton of players. Further in Gold I believe you can only add 2 players via free agency per week and in blue it is 4 (was/is) which means you can't roster manipulate as much. In blue you could drop 4 guys Saturday to add 4 guys Sunday who were playing Sunday. Gold won't allow you to do that as far as I am aware.

Both Blue n Gold are head to head formats. When you say points, I assume you mean like in Football where 10yrds gets you 1 point. That isn't at all how it works. You get 1 goal for every 1 goal your group scores. So if you score 20goals and your opponent scores 15 you win the goals category and for each category you win you get 2pts. 1pt for a tie. 0 for a loss.

Gold has only 2 bench spots, meaning you have to have a pretty solid team because you can't sub in a ton of players. Further in Gold I believe you can only add 2 players via free agency per week and in blue it is 4 (was/is) which means you can't roster manipulate as much. In blue you could drop 4 guys Saturday to add 4 guys Sunday who were playing Sunday. Gold won't allow you to do that as far as I am aware.

Thanks, that was very informative.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.