SabreSpaceBlue & SabreSpaceGold 2014-2015 Edition

nobody

So this is my first year in the Blue League and have a few questions with the rules.

Firstly, It says there are 2 N/A spots. What is that? 2 more additional bench spots on top of the 5?

Also, is the objective to pull guys in and out of your lineup on a daily basis depending on when they actually play or just set your lineup once for the week?

So this is my first year in the Blue League and have a few questions with the rules.

Firstly, It says there are 2 N/A spots. What is that? 2 more additional bench spots on top of the 5?

Also, is the objective to pull guys in and out of your lineup on a daily basis depending on when they actually play or just set your lineup once for the week?

You will want to set your lineup every day although you can set it for each day of the week at the beginning of each week and Yahoo will move those guys in and out of the lineup accordingly.

Ya I'm pretty new at fantasy hockey so this could be a tough transition year. The stats seem overloaded with offensive categories (11 of the 14) so I suppose I should wait on a goalie similar to waiting on D in FF?

The catch being your goalies have to get at least 2 starts a week and there are only about 12-14 decent reliable starting GT's and some guys will be grabbing two of them. So I can't really advise you on how to draft but I would not wait to draft your GT til say round 10 or something.

Think of all the teams you would want to draft their GT and then remember everyone gets 2. So that means in a 12 team league 24 of the leagues 30 starters are drafted. Just something to keep in mind. Full disclosure I am in Gold not Blue so I am not 100% sure how the scoring works for that league.

Wow that sounds tough. So in a 12 team league you had better keep an eye on how many are being drafted because there are only 30 starters in the league with a few being in timeshares. Therefore you really have to grab 2 of the top 25 or so to comply with the 2 starts a week.

Wow that sounds tough. So in a 12 team league you had better keep an eye on how many are being drafted because there are only 30 starters in the league with a few being in timeshares. Therefore you really have to grab 2 of the top 25 or so to comply with the 2 starts a week.

You should always be able to get two starts per week. The question is, do you get two quality starts per week. You just have to pay attention. Miller would get a rest every now and then, Enroth would start. It was never a quality start, but it counted.

You should always be able to get two starts per week. The question is, do you get two quality starts per week. You just have to pay attention. Miller would get a rest every now and then, Enroth would start. It was never a quality start, but it counted.

Ya but then I would not be able to use enroth as he would only get the one start and would not comply with the two starts per week min. Or am I missing something?

Ya but then I would not be able to use enroth as he would only get the one start and would not comply with the two starts per week min. Or am I missing something?

You need one solid starter, two would be better (in case one gets hurt). If you have one solid starter and a backup, then you have to watch carefully each week and get that spot start in, should something happen to your starter (night off, injury, etc). Usually, a starter gets 2-3 starts each week. The more subtle game within the game is when to bench a starter. If you are leading the categories (and have met the minimum starts), you need to decide if starting a guy would damage your lead. Any goalie, no matter how good, can get rocked on any given night. Goalie minimum starts is really not a big deal though. Of all the things to worry about in fantasy hockey, goalie starts is only a minor one.

That is combined starts so if Miller started Tuesday and then Enroth Started Friday and those were the only games for the weeks, you have your 2 starts.

Great thanks. Being my first year I'm sure I'll have a few. I always intended on joining a league at some point but just never got around to it. I just want to get a bit of a grasp on the rules and some minor tips now so I don't get blown out of the league the first 3 weeks trying to figure everything out.

Great thanks. Being my first year I'm sure I'll have a few. I always intended on joining a league at some point but just never got around to it. I just want to get a bit of a grasp on the rules and some minor tips now so I don't get blown out of the league the first 3 weeks trying to figure everything out.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. If you are trying to equate it to fantasy football, don't. It's a completely different animal. A bad week won't be good, but you can over come it.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the difference between Blue and Gold?

I'm already in another league, it's my first for fantasy hockey so I'm kind of unfamiliar with it. If you absolutely cannot fill that last spot, let me know. I'm not going to jump on that last spot right now. But, you can use me as a last resort.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

What's the difference between Blue and Gold?

I'm already in another league, it's my first for fantasy hockey so I'm kind of unfamiliar with it. If you absolutely cannot fill that last spot, let me know. I'm not going to jump on that last spot right now. But, you can use me as a last resort.

Pretty similar - Blue just gives you a lot more opportunity to pick up free agents.

The Gold draft is tonight at 9pm est. Draft order is determined 30minutes prior to the draft. Please arrive by 8:45 as it occasionally can take several minutes to get logged into the draft.

According yahoo the #1 Center this year is Sidney Crosby (no surprise) so I would assume he will be the 1st overall pick.

Looks like we're still waiting for one more in blue. Hopefully someone can join well before the draft tomorrow. If you're worried it's your first year and you will likely get blown away. Don't. I'm sure I'll be in the running for the basement this year. Should still be fun.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.