SabreSpace Fantasy Football League

Derrico

Just now, Briere48 said:

I've never played football with you guys, i've only done hockey to this point but this season i meant to ask if there was a spot if i could join football?

Then i saw this thread with people asking to join as well. haha

Made if interest continues to rise, we could make two leagues?

I might be convinced to add a prize or maybe a add a trophy...

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

Made if interest continues to rise, we could make two leagues?

I might be convinced to add a prize or maybe a add a trophy...

Yep.  Two leagues it shall be.  We were considering it last year but it didn’t work out.  Certainly enough demand to make 2.

edit - especially if there’s a trophy lol.

Edited by Derrico
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Derrico said:

Yep.  Two leagues it shall be.  We were considering it last year but it didn’t work out.  Certainly enough demand to make 2.

I think a trophy that gets passed to winner to winner is nice, but I worry about people flaming and never sending it to the new winner. I’d be ok with buying one and listing all the past winners, but it would be nice to get a commitment that the trophy doesn’t get lost to the last winner. 

Yep your in taro.  I mean I do owe you for the drive back from the sabrespace night.  Also, anyone in last year that wants back in the original has a spot.  Anyone on wait list or wants in post away and we will get this second league going as well.  I will set it up over the next couple of weeks.

I absolutely love this trophy idea (despite having to see trues name on there as a past winner).  I’m honestly not sure of the logistics of how it could be handelled but we’re a pretty close group despite being internet strangers so I would think it could work.

Link didn’t seem to work for me but is that a sabres zombie??  No need to stick with football theme I don’t think.  I would prefer something sabres related.

If it’s anything like this

https://www.fanatics.com/buffalo-sabres-thematic-zombie-figurine-gnome/p-12397044375027+z-9117-2858822490

then yes lol.

8 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Link didn’t seem to work for me but is that a sabres zombie??  No need to stick with football theme I don’t think.  I would prefer something sabres related.

If it’s anything like this

https://www.fanatics.com/buffalo-sabres-thematic-zombie-figurine-gnome/p-12397044375027+z-9117-2858822490

then yes lol.

Yes. That’s the one. It is 8.5” tall. Can attach it to a perpetual winner base. 

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

I could run one if you'd like.  Especially if it's a keeper league.  I've never done that and I always have wanted to try it.

5 hours ago, SDS said:

Do you use Yahoo?

Nfl.com

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

I could run one if you'd like.  Especially if it's a keeper league.  I've never done that and I always have wanted to try it.

Sure.  I've always wanted to do a keeper.  I wouldn't mind joining if there is room.

We discussed having keeper in the other league but it got voted down ? 

If the keeper league doesn’t work we also discussed having the second league become a relegation league.  The bottom x number of people would drop to the relegation league for the next season  and top x amount from relegation would move up to winners league.  That’s would take some coordination but could be fun.  Just spitballing some ideas.

Wow, just realized JuJuFish has won the league the last 3 straight years and was runner up in the inaugural season.  Well done sir.

Anyways, below is the list of those that are in the original league and should have first crack at it:

North Buffalo has already confirmed in for next year

Norcal (formerly Murray's Rats) is back in

Taro was first on the wait list and is in.  Unfortunately Dennis was last place and was therefore eliminated (but back on wait list)

Here are the others that are welcome back if they want in again:

TrueBlue, Wyldnwoody, Ink, Thorny, Wildcard, Hank, JuJuFish, North Buffalo and Pi

On the Wait list/could be part of league 2:

JSB, Eleven, SDS, Gilbert11, Dennis

Anyone interested in either league, let's hear from you to confirm you are back in (or want in).  Question is, do the leagues go completely different (if new one is Keeper I would also like in the second league) or have them related (ex. winner league and relegation league)?  If it's the later I propose we try and keep the rules and platform similar.

1 hour ago, Derrico said:

Wow, just realized JuJuFish has won the league the last 3 straight years and was runner up in the inaugural season.  Well done sir.

Anyways, below is the list of those that are in the original league and should have first crack at it:

North Buffalo has already confirmed in for next year

Norcal (formerly Murray's Rats) is back in

Taro was first on the wait list and is in.  Unfortunately Dennis was last place and was therefore eliminated (but back on wait list)

Here are the others that are welcome back if they want in again:

TrueBlue, Wyldnwoody, Ink, Thorny, Wildcard, Hank, JuJuFish, North Buffalo and Pi

On the Wait list/could be part of league 2:

JSB, Eleven, SDS, Gilbert11, Dennis

Anyone interested in either league, let's hear from you to confirm you are back in (or want in).  Question is, do the leagues go completely different (if new one is Keeper I would also like in the second league) or have them related (ex. winner league and relegation league)?  If it's the later I propose we try and keep the rules and platform similar.

I would think a connected pair of leagues would make the most sense, but the ones that have been playing every year may feel differently. I think you should poll the alumni and see how they feel about it. 

Ok guys, what do you think?  I'm in favor of having the leagues connected and go with the Winner's League and Relegation League each year.  What say all of you?

We have 12 in the original league, looking at demand it wouldn't surprise me to have either 10 or 12 in the other league.  Could go with the top 4 (playoff teams) in relegation make it to the winners league the following year.  Bottom 4 within the Winners League would then fall to the Relegation League the following season.

I would be happy to keep a spreadsheet going of everyone that is in and help organize the league changes each year.  Eleven, you could start off moderating the Relegation League full of losers :) if you want and we can coordinate the changes down the road?  Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

I hope everyone could read the commissioners speech above through all the booing.

8 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Ok guys, what do you think?  I'm in favor ofinhaving the leagues connected and go with the Winner's League and Relegation League each year.  What say all of you?

We have 12 in the original league, looking at demand it wouldn't surprise me to have either 10 or 12 in the other league.  Could go with the top 4 (playoff teams) in relegation make it to the winners league the following year.  Bottom 4 within the Winners League would then fall to the Relegation League the following season.

I would be happy to keep a spreadsheet going of everyone that is in and help organize the league changes each year.  Eleven, you could start off moderating the Relegation League full of losers :) if you want and we can coordinate the changes down the road?  Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

I hope everyone could read the commissioners speech above through all the booing.

1/3 of the league turning over seems excessive.  My recommendation would be regular season league champ & playoff champion move up.  Lowest 2 from top league drop.

If both champs are the same team, either 11 gets spared or 2nd place from regular season (or playoffs, your call) moves up.

Vacancies from top league are filled from lower league & new people fill the lower league vacancies.

My 2 cents.

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

1/3 of the league turning over seems excessive.  My recommendation would be regular season league champ & playoff champion move up.  Lowest 2 from top league drop.

If both champs are the same team, either 11 gets spared or 2nd place from regular season (or playoffs, your call) moves up.

Vacancies from top league are filled from lower league & new people fill the lower league vacancies.

My 2 cents.

That sounds good to me.

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

What’s the time commitment on this?

interested, but I wasn’t able to keep up with my hockey team last year and don’t want to be a deadbeat owner.

We want anyone to join but the only real commitment we ask is you spend atleast an hour or two on your lineup each week.  I'm in a couple of leagues with buddies and prefer the Sabrespace one the best because the league is very competitive.  All owners are very active making waiver claims etc.  We actually have it where if you are a deadbeat owner you are automatically tossed out next year.

21 minutes ago, SDS said:

You could run this from one club and have two Topics areas to separate the leagues if desired. 

Once we get the leagues established and figured out details in here I will move it over to the group section with two topics.  I love that feature.  Just don't want anyone to miss it by not thinking to look in that area.

1 hour ago, SDS said:

I would think a connected pair of leagues would make the most sense, but the ones that have been playing every year may feel differently. I think you should poll the alumni and see how they feel about it. 

Im am fine with a relegation league also is a keeper league one of those deals with no wheeling and dealing... Not sure with all the injuries last year to wide recievers and QBs gotta think you will need to give defensive plays more credit then or season could be over for a couple of folks earlier.

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

Im am fine with a relegation league also is a keeper league one of those deals with no wheeling and dealing... Not sure with all the injuries last year to wide recievers and QBs gotta think you will need to give defensive plays more credit then or season could be over for a couple of folks earlier.

A keeper league means that you get to keep some designated number of players for next season.  It provides incentives for trades and a different draft style.

I'm leaning towards Derrico's two-tier system if we can get enough players.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.