SabreSpace Fantasy Football League

Derrico

40 minutes ago, Derrico said:

So for the draft I was going to rock some ipa I got from a local microbrewery but alas my wife has talked me into losing some weight again with her via cutting carbs.  I’ve got some Gretzky whiskey sitting on the shelf.  May just have it in the rocks.  What say you? 

Any diet that deprives you of what you genuinely enjoy is not the right diet for you because you're much more likely to relapse and regain the weight. My 2 cents on dieting 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Weave said:

Well, beer has carbs and alcohol, if your concern is the insulin response......

Ya that’s why hard spirits should have little insulin response whereas beer will.  

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Any diet that deprives you of what you genuinely enjoy is not the right diet for you because you're much more likely to relapse and regain the weight. My 2 cents on dieting 

This is fair but the having whatever I enjoy has also got me to this point....

20 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I'm not saying you can have as much as you want of what you want. Cut back, don't eliminate. 

Yep.  Kids back to school and summer holidays coming to an end will help.  I do better with routine lol.

well, time I do a little pre-draft research 

happy hour drinking GIF

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Weave said:

Alcohol actually is more energy dense (kcalories) when metabolized than carbohydrates, but doesn't produce the insulin response.  I say drink em all.

I don't understand what "insulin response" means. If you're a type II diabetic does it mean it's very bad for you, or not as bad?

46 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

Is that like a Truly hard seltzer dude? Please say no, lol.

And I have the team to beat, especially if Gordon signs somewhere. Go Clown Shoes!!

I already made a bunch of hard alcohol drinks, so sadly, yes, it is, but my gf bought a 12 and we need to drink it. 

Judge away, I deserve it ??

16 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I already made a bunch of hard alcohol drinks, so sadly, yes, it is, but my gf bought a 12 and we need to drink it. 

Judge away, I deserve it ??

Lol, whatever works brother. At least you're staying hydrated thay way.

My draft grade was a 'B'. I'll take it.

47 minutes ago, Hank said:

I don't understand what "insulin response" means. If you're a type II diabetic does it mean it's very bad for you, or not as bad?

You're body turns alcohol into sugar. That's why alcoholics who quit drinking go on major ice cream and sweets binges. They need to replace that sugar rush some way. 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hank said:

The body metabolizes alcohol similar to how it metabolizes carbs but doesn’t produce insulin in response to alcohol intake.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.