Do u think Buffalo has any interest in Kevin Hayes

SabresBillsFan

Its surprisingly quiet on the buffalo front though, I've read that almost every NHL team has interest except ours.

Maybe Timmeh told him he has to earn a spot in the NHL :P

This may be an example of where the Harbor Center may pay dividends in the future and the Sabres are in mix for players like this.

On the other hand, few of these College free agents live up to the hype

This may be an example of where the Harbor Center may pay dividends in the future and the Sabres are in mix for players like this.

On the other hand, few of these College free agents live up to the hype

True.

I also expect that items such as hosting the combine and the reffing center for excellence that Colie was speaking about on the radio while in town last week will help give the Sabres more clout w/in the league as they get both more interaction w/ the league's operations people and have greater responsibility for keeping the league running and would likely end up on more select committees at all 3 levels (ownership, gms, and coaches) as they take on more responsibilities.

Who knows, dare we say (dare, dare) maybe even a cabinet post MFT Status !

True.

I also expect that items such as hosting the combine and the reffing center for excellence that Colie was speaking about on the radio while in town last week will help give the Sabres more clout w/in the league as they get both more interaction w/ the league's operations people and have greater responsibility for keeping the league running and would likely end up on more select committees at all 3 levels (ownership, gms, and coaches) as they take on more responsibilities.

Who knows, dare we say (dare, dare) maybe even a cabinet post MFT Status !

For that to happen we'd also need to get lucky and draft the next Golden Child, Connor McDavid. I don't see it happening but I guess there's always a chance. Personally I'd be more than thrilled to have to settle for Jack Eichel but I guess we'll all have to wait for the season to play out.

It's a bit late, but I wrote about Kevin Hayes this morning, if you want to noodle with the chart, it's:

http://www.limedata.us/blog/b47.html

I compare Kevin Hayes to twelve relatively random recent NCAA players. I didn't use anyone that was very small, so no Gaudreau, no Grimaldi, they complicate the analysis. I understand that while big, Hayes is a scorer not a power forward, so I tried to avoid power forwards, but I don't know enough about each player so I may have failed on that point.

Based on their NCAA years, I would value the 13 in this order:

Toews

Jaden Schwartz

Gustav Nyquist

Brock Nelson

Reilly Smith

Drew Shore

Nick Bjugstad

Erik Haula

Chris Kreider - His big NCAA year was similar to Hayes' big year, but a year earlier

Chris Wagner

Kevin Hayes

Matt Frattin - His big NCAA year was better than Hayes' big year, but a year later

Brian Flynn

The players most comparable to Hayes are borderline NHL/AHL players. Therefore, I believe that signing Kevin Hayes would have been OK, promising him ice time would not.

Edited by rakish

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.