OT-Vehicle lease transfer/assumption

inkman

But seriously they're super useful and you can get em with bangin sound systems. Town and Countrys too.

Minivans are great. I hate them. But they're great.

You don't hate them, you hate that you've become so....

sensible, if you buy one?

My rational is the day a mini van is parked in my spot in the garage, is the day I get a very large and expensive American made motorcycle.  

Gotta have the Ying and the Yang in life.

You don't hate them, you hate that you've become so....

sensible, if you buy one?

My rational is the day a mini van is parked in my spot in the garage, is the day I get a very large and expensive American made motorcycle.

Gotta have the Ying and the Yang in life.

Or just something resembling a penis

Unfortunately I have ruffled feathers. Not my intentions. I should have seen it coming, but I was grilling diner and not able fully give my attentions to the thread.

It's all about sensibility as far as the vehicle I drive daily is concerned.

I use a pick up for work and use it to haul a bike. The pick up is the most sensible, as it gets the most use out of any vehicle I could buy. A race bike, the least sensible, but the second greatest enjoyment next to family.

If I know longer need a pickup truck because I'm not able to work and enjoy working, that means I am no longer able to race. I see my self in a mini van. I am tall and not skinny, a van is by far the easiest for me to get in and out of and comfortable to drive. Today's SUVs with their bucket seats and center consoles are very uncomfortable to me. A car, especially anything sporty, useless and the most uncomfortable.

But I hope I still have the thrill of a spirited ride left in me and can enjoy the Blue Ridge Highway, or the Black Hills of South Dakota. So I will celebrate the next stage of life with a large American motorcycle, not the most sensible vehicle on the road, but one I hope I will enjoy and not kill myself on.

I fine with the next stage, hope I can stave it off for another decade. Sorry I seem to pass judgment that a vehicle meant your man hood, not my intentions.

I only meant that my knees, shoulders, and back can no longer take my daily and weekend enjoyment and I will adjust.

Unfortunately I have ruffled feathers. Not my intentions. I should have seen it coming, but I was grilling diner and not able fully give my attentions to the thread.

It's all about sensibility as far as the vehicle I drive daily is concerned.

I use a pick up for work and use it to haul a bike. The pick up is the most sensible, as it gets the most use out of any vehicle I could buy. A race bike, the least sensible, but the second greatest enjoyment next to family.

If I know longer need a pickup truck because I'm not able to work and enjoy working, that means I am no longer able to race. I see my self in a mini van. I am tall and not skinny, a van is by far the easiest for me to get in and out of and comfortable to drive. Today's SUVs with their bucket seats and center consoles are very uncomfortable to me. A car, especially anything sporty, useless and the most uncomfortable.

But I hope I still have the thrill of a spirited ride left in me and can enjoy the Blue Ridge Highway, or the Black Hills of South Dakota. So I will celebrate the next stage of life with a large American motorcycle, not the most sensible vehicle on the road, but one I hope I will enjoy and not kill myself on.

I fine with the next stage, hope I can stave it off for another decade. Sorry I seem to pass judgment that a vehicle meant your man hood, not my intentions.

I only meant that my knees, shoulders, and back can no longer take my daily and weekend enjoyment and I will adjust.

No feathers ruffled man. May you always keep it right side up. It's a lot more fun that way :p

This is all fascinating to me. A few thoughts:

- I had my Sienna parked next to my friend's Suburban and noticed the Sienna is at least as big if you discount that the floor is 6" lower than the Suburban. I just looked and the Sienna is bigger than a Suburban inside based on cargo volume (It truly is gigantic). Unless you need to tow something more than 3500lbs (Sienna rated capacity), there aren't a lot of reasons for the Suburban. The 'burban does have an extra 1.5" of ground clearance (8" vs. 6.5"; I thought it would be more); 8" is slightly less than a Subaru Outback.

- I've driven my two Subaru WRXs through some pretty hairy snow storms, and those had 6" of ground clearance. One night, it was me and the tractor trailers, and one pickup that I saw spin off the road in my mirror. I thought about turning back but I saw someone else stop and I'd have to reverse on snowy a highway to help.

- The answer is never a Harley. Even if you ascribe to the power == death theory, there are plenty of bikes with reasonable power to weight ratios that can turn. But, I don't believe power is an issue if you have some self-control; most single-motorcycle crashes are caused by a failure to negotiate a corner. I take my chances on a bike that can corner far faster than the street allows than a Harley that can easily reach speeds that it won't be able to corner at.

- Speaking of cornering, I had a chance to try the Sienna out on a fairly twisty road on Saturday. As long as you're smooth, it'll corner far faster than most traffic allows. I'm talking 35-40 MPH marked corners at 65 with little drama. Smooth is the key though, it doesn't like sharp steering inputs. I'd have more data, but a fart of Harleys were holding me up and there wasn't a good place to pass.

- Built-in Nav systems suck. Not only are smartphone (not to mention bespoke) solutions better these days, but the Toyota system makes using the radio for music a chore. To change the radio I need to look at the stupid thing and hit on-screen buttons. I'm really hoping that there something in the manual to make it easier.

So not even one year into my ATS lease and I'm looking to get out. I thought 4 doors would be enough but the backseat is minute. I have trouble getting in and out. I'm looking at crossovers like the Acadia and Traverse.

Have you looked at a Kia Sorrento? If you are looking for a STRONG lease program with a super nicely done product, there you go

Get the minivan Ink!  Look at it as a temporary life phase.  

Our family car history:

VW Jetta (dinks - 1st kid)

Odyssey from 2002 - 2010 (more babies + dog crate) 

Suburban 2010 - 2015 (kids taxi + towing 7000# camper + dog in way back) 

Silverado 2500 2015 - ? (teens + 5th wheel dreams + dog under cap)  

The Odyssey was great, but as MattPie suggests, just didn't match our towing needs.  Small-Mid size SUV I just do not understand.  Safety I guess, and 3rd row (though with no room for luggage or dog), but there's more utility elsewhere.

My brother just got a Kia minivan (sorry, I have no idea what the model names are for them).  Sure I had my fun mocking him, but you better believe that he was the first person I called for help with my move next weekend.  Ultimately, I don't really care what the vehicle looks like if it gets me where I need to go and can hold everything I need to move.

I have a VW sportwagen tdi. Great car. Great mileage. Great cargo capacity for weekend trips to stores or vacation luggage

I have my eye on something like that for when the WRX is done. I'll miss AWD, but the WRX is terrible on gas.

I have a VW sportwagen tdi. Great car. Great mileage. Great cargo capacity for weekend trips to stores or vacation luggage

I've got my eye on Josie's parent's VW Passat Komfortwagen. Love that car. Autobahn cruiser and a wagon to boot. What more could I want?

I'm considering transferring my lease to another person (have not advertised yet). I have to change vehicles and I'm looking for anyone who has experience or knowledge of this type of transaction.

I used a company called Swapalease (www.swapalease.com) and it was very easy to find someone to pick up the remaining term on my lease. This company offers services for both sides of the equation....there are others too in this market, as it is a very commonly desired activity.

Good luck

I used a company called Swapalease (www.swapalease.com) and it was very easy to find someone to pick up the remaining term on my lease. This company offers services for both sides of the equation....there are others too in this market, as it is a very commonly desired activity.

Good luck

I did contact them, from what I could tell they wanted about $500 to post my vehicle. Maybe that is the price of doing bidness.

Good luck

I sent you a PM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.