Sabres/Amerks sign forward Zac Dalpe to one-year deal

Hoss

I got to see a lot of Dalpe while he was in Charlotte. He has decent size, but doesn't really use it. He's a finesse player with good vision on the ice and a nose for the net. It has never translated to success with Carolina or Vancouver, as he seems to blend in the with skill level he's paired with. Two years ago he came out of Carolina camp flying on a line with E Staal (I think Buccigross predicted he'd win the Calder on Staal's line). Once he was bumped off Staal's wing, he disappeared. He played mostly 3rd/4th line minutes in Vancouver and didn't do much. He's dynamite as a top line guy in the AHL, but his skill set just doesn't translate to the 3rd/4th lines of the NHL. I do like the signing though, good for Rochester or as a recall guy, and maybe he can really impress in camp.

Tim Murray really likes player with height and weight...

Carrier - 6'2" 200lbs

Fasching - 6'2" 207lbs

Deslauriers - 6'1" 209lbs

Zac Dalpe - 6'1" 194lbs

Dalpe doesn't play with much size - so really if you sing that Sesame Street song.....one of these things is not like the other.....all the kids yell Dalpe at the end.

I got to see a lot of Dalpe while he was in Charlotte. He has decent size, but doesn't really use it. He's a finesse player with good vision on the ice and a nose for the net. It has never translated to success with Carolina or Vancouver, as he seems to blend in the with skill level he's paired with. Two years ago he came out of Carolina camp flying on a line with E Staal (I think Buccigross predicted he'd win the Calder on Staal's line). Once he was bumped off Staal's wing, he disappeared. He played mostly 3rd/4th line minutes in Vancouver and didn't do much. He's dynamite as a top line guy in the AHL, but his skill set just doesn't translate to the 3rd/4th lines of the NHL. I do like the signing though, good for Rochester or as a recall guy, and maybe he can really impress in camp.

Sounds like Luke Adam 2.0 Will be a good fit in Rochester.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.