Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Leaders are leaders regardless of what letter, if any, is embroidered onto the front of his sweater.

If a guy needs that letter to be a leader, he isn't much of one in the first place.

Nobody has said anything to go against any of what you said...

Derek Roy wore an A for Nashville. Oy.

Jason Pominville, better than Derek Roy.

Thomas Vanek, better than Derek Roy.

Matt Moulson, better than Derek Roy

Last year, Tyler Ennis and Cody Hodgson were better than? You guessed it, Derek Roy.

maybe.

maybe.

maybe.

absolutely not, twice.

and I'm talking about when he played here, not what he did last year.

maybe.

maybe.

maybe.

absolutely not, twice.

Maybe? Well okay if you want to go there.

Derek Roy:

2011 - 17g, 27a, 44pts

2012 - 7g, 21a, 28pts

2013 - 9g, 28a, 37pts

Matt Moulson:

2011 - 36g, 33a, 69pts

2012 - 15g, 29a, 44pts

2013 - 23g, 28pts, 51pts

Thomas Vanek:

2011 - 26g, 35a, 61pts

2012 - 20g, 21a, 41pts

2013 - 27g, 41a, 68pts

Jason Pominville:

2011 - 30g, 43a, 73pts

2012 - 14g, 20a, 34pts

2013 - 30g, 30a, 60pts

Cody Hodgson:

2013 - 20g, 24a, 44pts

Tyler Ennis:

2013 - 21g, 22a, 43pts

I don't understand the argument. As far as I'm concerned they were all equally good at not winning.

My initial comment was that the Sabres have not had a player on the team that was as good as Derek Roy was while he played for the Sabres. I stand by that statement.

See edit and you do realized that he only played 35 games in two of those seasons?

First, Derek Roy has played 80games, 42games, and 75games in the last 3 season. The 42 game season being the lockout.

Second, you are changing what you originally said and the crux of your initial point. "You want a real oy. We haven't had a player as good as Roy on the team since he left." That is your original point. So I want back to the last full year he played for Buffalo. 2011-2012 season in which he played 80 games and had a whopping 44pts. I then looked at Moulson, Pominville, and Vanek who also played that year for Buffalo or have since joined the team.

Now remember again you said "We haven't had a player as good as Roy on the team since he left." which is why I included Moulson because he has become a Sabre since Roy left. I included the last year to show that Hodgson and Ennis last year were better than Roy. So back to your original point since Derek Roy left, we have had Jason Pominville play 2 years better here. Thomas Vanek play two years better here. Matt Moulson play better here and Ennis/Hodgson both play better than him this past year. If we are then answering your hypothesis of "We haven't had a player as good as Roy on the team since he left." we can safely say that we have had 5 players since Roy's departure play as good as Derek Roy and actually in all 5 cases, they have played better than Roy.

My initial comment was that the Sabres have not had a player on the team that was as good as Derek Roy was while he played for the Sabres. I stand by that statement.

Thomas Vanek and Jason Pominville were better than Derek Roy while they were Sabres. If you are saying Roy is the only center to play for Buffalo since Drury/Briere to be good than yes you are indeed correct although hopefully Ennis, Zemgus, Girgorenko, Reinhart can impact that.

You want a real oy. We haven't had a player as good as Roy on the team since he left.

I mean any player.

maybe.

maybe.

maybe.

absolutely not, twice.

and I'm talking about when he played here, not what he did last year.

See edit and you do realized that he only played 35 games in two of those seasons?

oy.

You stated something as fact. I and some others have disputed that notion. Instead of using any sort of quantitative or qualitative argument to back up your initial post you have these 5 responses to the original which are nothing more than you basically ignoring the arguments put forward against the notion. Further more to me your posts seem dismissive which means there is really no further point to this academic exercise as your mind has already formed a conclusion even if the facts that formed that conclusion are questionable at best.

Even if we read into the amended statement that you meant "Sabres have not had a player on the team that was as good as Derek Roy was while he played for the Sabres" I countered with Jason Pominville who played after Roy left as well as Thomas Vanek. I have also stated that Matt Moulson could arguably fill that same void. Even if you use Roy's best 3 Sabre years, he was 25-28 years old during that span meaning that realistically Tyler Ennis and Cody Hodgson (along with any other forward) should be allowed to reach those peak age years before any comparison or statement about the legacy of Roy can be either confirmed or denied.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.