Former Sabres prospect Gregg Sutch talks about leaving hockey

PromoTheRobot

more than half this discussion is whether this has been posted previously or not. Who cares? I read it for the first time and got something out of it. It's tough being a pro hockey player, especially when you come up in a certain role, a scorer, and get forced into being a grinder. I wish the kid and countless others we never hear about had the power to be able to go to a different organization where he could play his role. But the concussions and shoulder problems, I can really relate to that. It's the luck of the draw, all things being equal.

"As I got older, it started getting more serious each year, more business-like."

"...trying to change the way I lived; cutting my internet off when I’m trying to do homework, take my cell phone away, and eat foods that I had no desire to eat."

Blah, blah, blah. Yeah, he'll go far in the real world, won't he.

"As I got older, it started getting more serious each year, more business-like."

"...trying to change the way I lived; cutting my internet off when I’m trying to do homework, take my cell phone away, and eat foods that I had no desire to eat."

Blah, blah, blah. Yeah, he'll go far in the real world, won't he.

That's why I asked....what is he doing now? Looks like he is a trainer at LA Fitness or something....

Yeah...it's tough having all that pressure heaped on you....sort of like a 16 year old taking 5 AP classes and being expected to have a 99 average so they can get into an Ivy League school and follow in their father's footsteps to become a surgeon. But I understand......it's a lot harder going in circles on frozen water with a six figure check every month as you get to fingerblast the prom queen and push yourself on those who don't think you're a god.....

That's why I asked....what is he doing now? Looks like he is a trainer at LA Fitness or something....

He was playing at a Canadian college, so it is safe to assume that he is still enrolled there. So hopefully he's trying to make something of himself there.

Yeah...it's tough having all that pressure heaped on you....sort of like a 16 year old taking 5 AP classes and being expected to have a 99 average so they can get into an Ivy League school and follow in their father's footsteps to become a surgeon. But I understand......it's a lot harder going in circles on frozen water with a six figure check every month as you get to fingerblast the prom queen and push yourself on those who don't think you're a god.....

This is where I'm at.

Life sucks, get a f***ing helmet.

I didn't mean for it to sound like I was complaining that I've seen it here before. it was more of a , am I nuts or has this been posted before kind of thing.

It's all good. I read my own post and hope it didn't come across as snarky as it sounded. It wasn't intended to.

It's all good. I read my own post and hope it didn't come across as snarky as it sounded. It wasn't intended to.

Why are we spending half this thread discussing something that wasn't as snarky as it sounded? :ph34r:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.