OT - Donald Sterling comments

Hoss

It will be interesting to see how complicit the NBA has been in the past regarding this guy. We keep acting like this just happened. This ONE incident just happened but long before anyone even mentioned Alzheimers he was already a proven racist.

There will be dirty laundry galore and the PR teams are going earn some extra billable hours.

Sterling is already screwed so his best bet is to slam the NBA. Everyone knows he's a racist.. so they will likely show that the NBA, for a long time, knew as well but just let it go. If that's the case then the entirety of the NBA will be on trial and it the message will be that the NBA doesn't care about racial equality so long as it can make money.

It will be interesting to see how complicit the NBA has been in the past regarding this guy. We keep acting like this just happened. This ONE incident just happened but long before anyone even mentioned Alzheimers he was already a proven racist.

There will be dirty laundry galore and the PR teams are going earn some extra billable hours.

Sterling is already screwed so his best bet is to slam the NBA. Everyone knows he's a racist.. so they will likely show that the NBA, for a long time, knew as well but just let it go. If that's the case then the entirety of the NBA will be on trial and it the message will be that the NBA doesn't care about racial equality so long as it can make money.

If you're racist, that's fine. But if you're racist AND have alzheimers? Get the hell out. The whole thing looks bad all around and the league deserves crap for the way they've handled Sterling's ownership as a whole. I hope they get it.

If you're racist, that's fine. But if you're racist AND have alzheimers? Get the hell out. The whole thing looks bad all around and the league deserves crap for the way they've handled Sterling's ownership as a whole. I hope they get it.

It's more like, if you're racist, that's fine; if you're racist, and recorded, and it blows up on TMZ, get the hell out. And yeah, he should have been out years ago.

It's more like, if you're racist, that's fine; if you're racist, and recorded, and it blows up on TMZ, get the hell out. And yeah, he should have been out years ago.

NBA was definitely hypocritical in their position on Sterling - they knew about his intense racism for years, and did nothing.

NBA was definitely hypocritical in their position on Sterling - they knew about his intense racism for years, and did nothing.

I don't really get this view. They never had 100% evidence and action to respond to. Just the words of others. They did nothing because they couldn't.

It's impossible to do the right thing today because it's either too late or too liberal/conservative. The NBA should be applauded, not bashed.

I don't really get this view. They never had 100% evidence and action to respond to. Just the words of others. They did nothing because they couldn't.

It's impossible to do the right thing today because it's either too late or too liberal/conservative. The NBA should be applauded, not bashed.

I posted links to his convictions for discriminatory housing actions. Are you choosing to ignore those items? Those are words of others.. the words of the court system saying, "Hey Donald, you're discriminating against people. You are GUILTY."

The NBA had ZERO choice. So taking action when forced to take action does not deserve any credit. It's like congratulating someone afraid of water for jumping in the pool when they were pushed in.

I posted links to his convictions for discriminatory housing actions. Are you choosing to ignore those items? Those are words of others.. the words of the court system saying, "Hey Donald, you're discriminating against people. You are GUILTY."

The NBA had ZERO choice. So taking action when forced to take action does not deserve any credit. It's like congratulating someone afraid of water for jumping in the pool when they were pushed in.

No. He was never found guilty. He settled. Thus avoiding the definitive proof. Even if it's obvious those things happened. They needed concrete public evidence.

No. He was never found guilty. He settled. Thus avoiding the definitive proof. Even if it's obvious those things happened. They needed concrete public evidence.

Numerous articles online about the NBA's blindspot when it came to Donald Sterling's racism - and it wasn't just housing discrimination.

Like many have said, if there wasn't a tape leaked to numerous news sites and websites, the NBA would have probably swept it under the rug like always.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-sterling-blind-spot-nba-avoided-years-article-1.1773491

And even if you try to use the excuse that he 'settled', and it somehow wasn't an admission of guilt, there was enough circumstantial evidence to warrant a full investigation by the NBA. But there's no 'evidence' they did any such thing until the Stiviano affair.

Numerous articles online about the NBA's blindspot when it came to Donald Sterling's racism - and it wasn't just housing discrimination.

Like many have said, if there wasn't a tape leaked to numerous news sites and websites, the NBA would have probably swept it under the rug like always.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-sterling-blind-spot-nba-avoided-years-article-1.1773491

The fact is they never had the evidence truly needed. They never had the smoking gun. They do now. And they acted. Also, Adam Silver hasn't been the commissioner for more than like six months.

I give them credit. They weren't sleeping things under the rug. They did the right thing.

Where was the internal investigation though before by the NBA? There were mountains of evidence in the housing discrimination cases - it didn't go to court because he took a defacto plea-bargain. This has gone on for years and years. But the NBA doesn't do anything until TMZ has a web article about? Maybe TMZ ought to get hired by the NBA for their own internal policing? LOL

I'm interested in this opinion expanded? Sincerely curious lol

I wasn't completely serious from a strictly clinical perspective. If it were a truly pathological, people wouldn't be responsible for the racial biases that they turn into action. I actually believe racism is learned from societal and/or cultural influences that can also be unlearned.

Saw this video:

My favourite comment was "She's totally about to lose her NBA team."

My favourite line in the video was "How many drunk cops have I stripped for?"

I did not hear that line in the video.

What an abominable person.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.