GDT: Buffalo at New York Rangers 4-10-14 at 7:00 PM EDT

26CornerBlitz

logo.png

GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

186503325_slide.jpg

GAME #80: BUF (21-49-9) at NYR (44-31-5) – THU APR 10 – 7:00 PM EDT – MSG-B, BELL TVWGR-550

BUFFALO SABRES BuffaloSabresSmiley-1.png

Final Lineup

27 Matt D’Agostini – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Stafford ("A")

19 Cody Hodgson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 80 Chris Stewart

88 Cory Conacher – 65 Brian Flynn – 17 Torrey Mitchell

82 Marcus Foligno – 37 Matt Ellis – 23 Ville Leino

X: 24 Zenon Konopka (healthy)

10 Christian Ehrhoff ("A") – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

20 Henrik Tallinder ("A") – 6 Mike Weber

29 Jake McCabe – 4 Jamie McBain

X: 5 Chad Ruhwedel (concussion), 32 John Scott (healthy), 52 Alexander Sulzer (LBI),

57 Tyler Myers (LBI)

31 Matt Hackett

35 Andrey Makarov

X: 1 Jhonas Enroth (LBI), 34 Michal Neuvirth (LBI), 50 Nathan Lieuwen (concussion)

Lineup News & Notes

G Jhonas Enroth, D Chad Ruhwedel, D Henrik Tallinder, F Drew Stafford, F Ville Leino,

F Zenon Konopka, D John Scott, G Michal Neuvirth, G Nathan Lieuwen, D Alex Sulzer, and D Tyler Myers

were scratches in Tuesday's 4-2 loss vs Detroit.

Weekly Transactions

04/04: Recalled F Luke Adam (emergency basis) from Rochester (AHL).

04/08: Recalled D Mark Pysyk and G Andrey Makarov from Rochester (AHL); Reassigned F Luke Adam to Rochester (AHL).

04/09: Re-assigned F Nicolas Deslauriers and F Johan Larsson to Rochester (AHL).

04/10: Re-assigned D Mark Pysyk to Rochester (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the last 10 games, the Sabres have gone 2-7-1.

Cody Hodgson has three goals and seven points in his past six games.

NEW YORK RANGERS NYRSmiley.png

Final Lineup

61 Rick Nash – 21 Derek Stepan – 26 Martin St. Louis

62 Carl Hagelin – 19 Brad Richards ("A") – 12 Jesper Fast

67 Benoit Pouliot – 16 Derick Brassard – 36 Mats Zuccarello

22 Brian Boyle – 28 Dominic Moore 15 Derek Dorsett

X: 13 Daniel Carcillo (healthy), 20 Chris Kreider (hand), 39 Ryan Haggerty (healthy),

17 John Moore – 5 Dan Girardi ("A")

6 Anton Stralman – 18 Marc Staal ("A")

4 Raphael Diaz – 8 Kevin Klein

X: 27 Ryan McDonagh (shoulder), 44 Justin Falk (healthy)

30 Henrik Lundqvist

33 Cam Talbot

Lineup News & Notes

New York scratched F Daniel Carcillo, C Chris Kreider, D Ryan McDonagh, C Ryan Haggerty, and D Justin Falk

in Tuesday's 4-1 win vs Carolina.

Weekly Transactions

04/07: Recalled F Jesper Fast from Hartford (AHL).

According to the Stats

In the Last 10 games, New York has gone 7-2-1.

Mats Zuccarello has four goals and eight points during his five-game point streak.

Benoit Pouliot has six points in his current six-game point streak.

PREGAME LINKS

04/08 – GAME RECAP: GIRGENSONS SCORES TWICE IN LOSS TO RED WINGS (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

04/09 – GAME RECAP: Richards, St. Louis help Rangers finish Hurricanes (Tal Pinchevsky – NHL.com)

04/09 – GAME PREVIEW: Rangers aim for season sweep of Sabres (Tal Pinchevsky – NHL.com)

04/09 – BEYOND THE BOARDS: STAFFORD SET TO PLAY AGAINST RANGERS (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

04/09 – Stafford ready to play; Deslauriers and Larsson back with Amerks (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

04/09 – Game Preview: 4/10/14 at New York Rangers (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

04/09 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Wednesay's practice at First Niagara Center. <6:41>

04/09 – Andrey Makarov speaks with the media following Wednesday's practice at First Niagara Center. <3:03>

04/09 – Drew Stafford speaks with the media following Wednesday's practice at First Niagara Center. <2:16>

04/09 – Henrik Tallinder speaks with the media following Wednesday's practice at First Niagara Center. <0:58>

04/09 – Alain Vigneault speaks with reporters after Wednesday's practice at the MSG Training Center. <6:04>

04/10 – Pregame Notes: Rangers vs. Buffalo (rangers.nhl.com)

04/10 – Sabres at Rangers Game Notes PDF (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

04/10 – Press Clips: 4/10/14 at New York Rangers (Ian Ott – Sabres PR)

04/10 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following Thursday's morning skate at Madison Square Garden. <2:55>

04/10 – THE MORNING SKATE: TALLINDER IS REVVED UP AND READY TO GO (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

04/10 – Dan Dunleavy previews Thursday night's game against the Rangers at Madison Square Garden. <2:38>

04/10 – Henrik Tallinder speaks with the media following Thursday's morning skate at Madison Square Garden. <3:56>

04/10 – Matt Ellis speaks with the media following Thursday's morning skate at Madison Square Garden. <3:25>

04/10 – Alain Vigneault speaks with the media prior to tonight's game against the Buffalo Sabres. <8:04>

04/10 – Joe Sacco speaks with Dan Dunleavy prior to Thursday night's game against the Rangers. <2:06>

POSTGAME LINKS

04/10 – NHL POST-GAME NEWSLETTER: Buffalo Sabres @ New York Rangers (NHL.com)

04/10 – GAME RECAP: LATE 3RD PERIOD GOAL DOES SABRES IN (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

04/10 – Brian Duff and Dan Dunleavy recap the Sabres 2-1 loss to the Rangers. <5:04>

04/10 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 2-1 loss to the Rangers. <2:13>

04/10 – Mike Weber speaks with the media following the Sabres 2-1 loss to the Rangers. <1:55>

04/10 – Matt Hackett speaks with the media following the Sabres 2-1 loss to the Rangers. <1:45>

04/10 – Drew Stafford speaks with the media following the Sabres 2-1 loss to the Rangers. <1:45>

04/10 – Henrik Tallinder speaks with Brian Duff following the Sabres 2-1 loss to the Rangers. <2:01>

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

It's good to see Stafford back in the lineup (I'd bet that's something that nobody ever expected to see posted on this board). Ennis and Hodgson battling for the point lead on the Sabres. Hodgson 6 points in the last 5 games (43 points), Ennis 4 points in the last 5 games (42 points). Hodgson has been rejuvenated since moving to the wing, it looks like he's giving effort playing there, something that was missing for the past couple of months.

We're lucky after the last game that Hackett didn't end up on the DL too. Not just the cheap trip by Weld, but he took a couple scorcher shots full on, one in the shoulder, one in the head.

I sure hope nobody on the Sabres takes a swing at someone on the other team for dirty play tonight - that would harsh on our collective mellow. We should take the offending opposition player aside, and have a heart to heart chat to resolve our differences in a mature adult fashion and then sing "Kumbaya" with them afterwards. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jsixspd

I think it's safe to say that Sabres Nation has embraced the Tank. I checked and the Sabres are 11th in attendance in the league. Pretty solid for such a horrible team. We loves our Sabres.

That means nothing, unless your gonna say that Leafs fans embrace not making the playoffs because they sell out every game

All it means is that theres a wait list for Season tickets, and no one wants to give up their spot and have to go back on the list when they eventually get better.

Look around the rink, no matter what game theres usually large pockets of opposing fans, and fans of other teams that aren't playing too. Last game I was at (Hasek Sabres HOF night) against the Lightning there were lots of Lightning fans, along with groups of Leafs fans in the crowd

Sadly, that's right where I'm at. Seems like the last several weeks of the entire season have dragged on.

I never thought I'd be happy to see a Sabres season end. I will be this year - this last couple weeks has seemed endless. Why do I spend my time watching? Even as I ask that question, I know that I'll be watching tonight. :)

@pham1717

Lines: 27 63 21, 19 28 80, 88 65 17, 82 37 23

@BuffaloSabres

Forward rushes:

D'Agostini-Ennis-Stafford

Hodgson-Girgensons-Stewart

Conacher-Flynn-Mitchell

Foligno-Ellis-Leino #sabres -CR

Defense:

Ehrhoff/Ristolainen

Tallinder/Weber

McCabe/McBain

Hackett in goal #sabres -CR

@NashtyRangerx17

Lines:

61-21-26

62-19-12

67-16-36

22-28-15

D-Pairs:

17-5

18-6

4-8

#30 In Net #33 Backup

Scratched/Injured: 44 39 13 20 27 #NYR

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.