GDT: Pittsburgh at Buffalo 2-5-14 at 7:30 PM EST

26CornerBlitz

Why was it not icing? I get that the ref makes a judgement call at the face-off dots, but if he's wrong and we get to it first is it still not icing? I really don't know the rule.

Calls going in favor of Pittsburgh....earlier a puck came out past the Blue line before Pens dumped it back in...no offside called. And yeah why wasn't that icing?

Calls going in favor of Pittsburgh....earlier a puck came out past the Blue line before Pens dumped it back in...no offside called. And yeah why wasn't that icing?

I don't now if that is the new rule, though, or not. Once they wave it off at the dots, does it not matter anymore who gets to it first?

I saw that too - and neither one was mentioned by this crack announcing crew....just like Micheletti having a sidebar conversation as Stafford was scoring.

Hope the out of town scouts liked what they saw from Stafford, Ott, and Miller in the 1st.

It does have the feeling that folks are checking out all the baskets before putting their tickets in the bowls at the Chinese auction.

Can Stafford be a door prize that one unlucky, I mean lucky, scout can take with them tonight?

it's so bad he embarrasses himself. You can see the disdain he has for the Sabres on his face....almost calling John Scott trade bait, that was a weird one

He mumbled under his breath, "well, no one is going to trade for THAT guy's toughness." He's right but come one Mike, a little objectivity.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.