Christmas Question

ubkev

So my son who is 9, went snooping and found his presents. Most were wrapped, some however were not. The candy that was going to go in his stocking has been eaten. He then decided to hide the evidence (not very well). His mother is quite upset over all this. What do you guys think? What's a good punishment for the crime? All responses are welcome.

I've gone snooping before, but I've never had the balls to actually use/eat any of my gifts before. I'm pretty sure that we will be hanging on to his present from Santa this year. What do you guys and gals think?

Sincerely,

Enraged Father

Hide all of his presents (maybe in the trunk of the car?), fill his stocking with charcoal, with a note from Santa asking him to write a note to Santa apologizing.

When he writes the letter, take it to "give to Santa", then surprise him with his gifts from Santa later in the day.

The letter and few hours of delay will cause enough tears and sorrow, I'm sure.

No worries then. The lesson here is more than just presents from santa, or in this case, family and friends, since he's aware.

The real lesson is in touching something that did not yet belong to him, and in this case, there should be a teaching moment, with compassion included in the end to keep the entire episode in the spirit of the season.

No matter what or how you and your wife deal this, always remember, Jesus said to turn the other cheek and he also said let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. And after all, many people have lost touch with what this day is about.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.....and to all who read this, Peace be with you this season.

No worries then. The lesson here is more than just presents from santa, or in this case, family and friends, since he's aware.

The real lesson is in touching something that did not yet belong to him, and in this case, there should be a teaching moment, with compassion included in the end to keep the entire episode in the spirit of the season.

No matter what or how you and your wife deal this, always remember, Jesus said to turn the other cheek and he also said let he who has not sinned cast the first stone. And after all, many people have lost touch with what this day is about.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.....and to all who read this, Peace be with you this season.

Very nice to see, peace also be with you and your family! Our good Lord also said spare the rod, spoil the child. Maybe the ones that were unwrapped don't give to him! When I was a child my father used the same tactic and let me tell you, I never snooped again

This reminds me of a great memory. My brother went snooping once and got caught red handed. We had a Nintendo game coming to us, so he found the game, unwrapped the game, played the game, ENTERED HIS NAME AS A HIGH SCORE, rewrapped the game, and opened it on Christmas.

He told me of this great game so I asked him to play it in font of my parents. He was busted when the high scores were displayed. It is funny to this day.

I played house league hockey at Leisure Rinks in the 1970s. My equipment matched my skill. I needed elbow pads and knew I'd be getting them for Christmas. About two weeks before, I snooped and found the elbow pads. I used them for two weeks before Christmas, sneaking them out and back each time. Santa wasn't an issue, but I was a snooper. The worst story, though, was two or so years before. I found my whole stash. While I didn't use and return anything (it would be hard to use a ten gallon aquarium), Christmas morning was completely anticlimactic. That was punishment! enough.

Punish? No. Part of growing up? Yes. Tell him you're disappointed. He knows, already.

Merry Christmas to all, and Happy Holidys to all.

This reminds me of a great memory. My brother went snooping once and got caught red handed. We had a Nintendo game coming to us, so he found the game, unwrapped the game, played the game, ENTERED HIS NAME AS A HIGH SCORE, rewrapped the game, and opened it on Christmas.

He told me of this great game so I asked him to play it in font of my parents. He was busted when the high scores were displayed. It is funny to this day.

instant classic

ouch. wjag with the hard cold facts.

Truth. My parents tell me stories about the lengths they went to hide stuff from my brother and I, especially as we got older and more capable of snooping. I was convinced as a kid that there must have been a hidden room in the house I didn't know about. Never found a darn thing!

Truth. My parents tell me stories about the lengths they went to hide stuff from my brother and I, especially as we got older and more capable of snooping. I was convinced as a kid that there must have been a hidden room in the house I didn't know about. Never found a darn thing!

My mom hid them all at my grandparents house. Alas, grandma and grandpa live 180 miles away. Nevertheless, he got empty wrappers in his stocking. And we didn't even bat an eye at it.

"That's what Santa left in your stocking? Wow, you should behave better next year."

The tears flowed, the apologies came, the guilt overwhelmed. It was glorious.

This is only related by a tangent. A friend of mine was trying to get a PS4 for his kid. Not thinking it was going to happen, he bought some other presents when the PS4 showed up. Now he has three "large" presents, but doesn't want to spoil the kid. His solution? Wrap all three in the same size box, same paper, and adds weight so they all weight exactly the same. The kid gets to pick two of the three presents on Christmas, and the third waits for his birthday in a few weeks.

Archived