Confirmed: Sabres Acquire Winger Linus Omark from Edmonton

26CornerBlitz

Nolan won't let him play without effort.

And he shouldn't, which is why this is a great trade as others have already mentioned.

Huge potential upside if Nolan can do his thing with him, and absolutely no downside if he thinks he can float here.

So Linus, if pronounced correctly, should rhyme with penis?

Nope, is pronouced more like "Leenoos", only you shorten the vocals a bit.

So it actually rhymes with "penoos". Potato, potato :-)

Edited by Kristian

Marc-Andre Gragnani, Raffi Torres, Dominic Moore, J.P. Dumont, Randy

Cunneyworth, Dixon Ward, Jason Dawe, Brent Hughes, Craig Simpson,

Todd Simon, Colin Patterson, Mike Foligno, Gilles Hamel, John Gould,

Rick Dudley, Derek Smith, Fred Stanfield, Bob Richer, Floyd Smith

There's the full list of players who have worn number 17 at any point in Buffalo.

Source: http://downloads.sab...ediaGuide-6.pdf

I find it so "cool" that our first player in franchise history (Perreault) is the only player to ever wear his uniform number (11).

Edited by DStebb

Marc-Andre Gragnani, Raffi Torres, Dominic Moore, J.P. Dumont, Randy

Cunneyworth, Dixon Ward, Jason Dawe, Brent Hughes, Craig Simpson,

Todd Simon, Colin Patterson, Mike Foligno, Gilles Hamel, John Gould,

Rick Dudley, Derek Smith, Fred Stanfield, Bob Richer, Floyd Smith

Huh, I always remember him wearing 15 for some reason.

Dumont, Dudley or Foligno?

I take Mike.

Close call. Dudley, no. JP, if the team had been smarter, we'd just associate 17 with him. But it wasn't, so Mikey it is. Now, can he get his kid to pick a real number instead of this NASCAR crap?

Edited by Santa Claus

Huh, I always remember him wearing 15 for some reason.

A lot of guys change numbers shortly after coming to a new team.

And what's up with Randy Cunneyworth? He wore 7, 17, 19, 23.

Off topic question: what is the best represented number on the team? As in which number has had the most talented players wear it? Try ignoring numbers where only one player really makes it what it is or where a player actually represented a separate number more prominently.

Edited by DStebb

Close call. Dudley, no. JP, if the team had been smarter, we'd just associate 17 with him. But it wasn't, so Mikey it is. Now, can he get his kid to pick a real number instead of this NASCAR crap?

I wish, but i think he's staying with #82. When it was time for him to change to a "real" number, instead of the one Rip gave him, he decided to keep #82 because he said he would of felt bad for all the fans who had bought an #82 jersey his rookie season.

I wish, but i think he's staying with #82. When it was time for him to change to a "real" number, instead of the one Rip gave him, he decided to keep #82 because he said he would of felt bad for all the fans who had bought an #82 jersey his rookie season.

Which is cool. I'm kind of annoyed with Rip for doing this stuff, though. Until the Sabs have 10 retired numbers (not gonna happen soon), let's keep 'em all under 45, ok?

Off topic question: what is the best represented number on the team? As in which number has had the most talented players wear it? Try ignoring numbers where only one player really makes it what it is or where a player actually represented a separate number more prominently.

I think #10.

Dale Hawerchuk, Criag Ramsey, Brad May, Henrik Tallinder and Christian Ehrhoff.

Which is cool. I'm kind of annoyed with Rip for doing this stuff, though. Until the Sabs have 10 retired numbers (not gonna happen soon), let's keep 'em all under 45, ok?

I hate that they keep giving young guys garbage numbers. I'm okay with high numbers if a player asks for and has a reason to wear it (such as the Crosby/McDavid/Stamkos etc. year of birth). But if it's just assigned or random then it annoys me.

Edited by DStebb

I think #10.

Dale Hawerchuk, Criag Ramsey, Brad May, Henrik Tallinder and Christian Ehrhoff.

Great call for the most "good players" that we'll remember forever.

-1 for Ramsey instead of Ramsay, but hey, it happens.

As far as the question--most players to wear a number? I'm guessing it's low, like 3 or something, but it's easily ascertainable from Google and no, I don't have the patience tonight.

I hate that they keep giving young guys garbage numbers. I'm okay with high numbers if a player asks for and has a reason to wear it (such as the Crosby/McDavid/Stamkos etc. year of birth). But if it's just assigned or random then it annoys me.

Yep.

Yeah, i mean i get the tradition thinking behind it. You wear whatever # you get, unless you've earned it, then you pick your own. Works real well on some teams, like the Ducks (Getzlef 51, now 15, Perry 61 now 10, Cam Fowler 54, now 4, Bobby Ryan 54) but the difference is, our guys never switch. So it becomes lame.

Yeah, i mean i get the tradition thinking behind it. You wear whatever # you get, unless you've earned it, then you pick your own. Works real well on some teams, like the Ducks (Getzlef 51, now 15, Perry 61 now 10, Cam Fowler 54, now 4, Bobby Ryan 54) but the difference is, our guys never switch. So it becomes lame.

Well you could argue that our guys don't earn it. Foligno seems to have earned it, and he actually said in an interview the summer before the lockout that he was switching to 17 but the lockout probably blocked that. Then 63 has been a trendy new number, so Ennis stuck with it.

Luke Adam hasn't earned it, Flynn could change in time. Goose, Kennedy and Hecht all switched from higher numbers.

Edited by DStebb

As far as the question--most players to wear a number? I'm guessing it's low, like 3 or something, but it's easily ascertainable from Google and no, I don't have the patience tonight.

Yep.

#23 with 22 players.

#3 has been wore by 19 players.

#19 in second place with 21, though, with Hodgson here long term, i think other numbers will surpass it pretty quickly.

#3 has had several long term guys though (Mike Robitaille, Grant Ledyard, James Patrick, Garry Galley).

Well you could argue that our guys don't earn it. Foligno seems to have earned it, and he actually said in an interview the summer before the lockout that he was switching to 17 but the lockout probably blocked that. Then 63 has been a trendy new number, so Ennis stuck with it.

Huh? No. They've earned it. Just because we're down on them sometimes doesn't mean they "didn't earn it".

Question wasn't most players to wear a number. It was about the talent of the players who did.

Huh? No. They've earned it. Just because we're down on them sometimes doesn't mean they "didn't earn it".

Which players with high numbers other than Ennis and Foligno (who I mentioned did earn it) earned it?

Myers.

Flynn, if he stays with Buffalo, should get a number of his choice for next season. He's earned it now, but it's mid-season.

Was about to mention Myers. But that's one player and he won a Calder wearing that number so the team/Myers himself likely wouldn't want the number to be changed for marketing purposes.

Flynn I mentioned above but it's too early.

So even if it seems like we have a lot of guys with high numbers we normally don't have many of those guys earn their way to a change. Also, what's the deciding factor on who gets a high one slapped on them and who gets to choose? Risto got his number, Zadorov probably had some input on his since it's near his previously-worn 65. Grigorenko got 25.

So who gets the high numbers? Guys who don't make the team as true rookies? But then a few guys outside of that category get whichever number they want, as well.

Edited by DStebb

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.