GDT: Los Angeles at Buffalo 11-12-13 at 7:00 PM EST

qwksndmonster

Always makes me feal uneasy, seeing politics at any sports arena.

It's a little different over here. National anthems are sung even for domestic competitions, and, right after Veterans Day / Armistice Day, it's especially emotional. Considering that you're Belgian, and that the Kaiser used your country to start the damned thing, well...just be nice, ok?

They should put RJ there every game...he's announcing with the intensity of a 1976 radio tilt....I like...

It's a little different over here. National anthems are sung even for domestic competitions, and, right after Veterans Day / Armistice Day, it's especially emotional. Considering that you're Belgian, and that the Kaiser used your country to start the damned thing, well...just be nice, ok?

Don't DO THIS!!! Think of the beer, man....think of the beer.....

I VERY rarely drink beer.

Also, in case it was misunderstood: It's not like the Kaiser co-opted Belgium; he just invaded it, knowing that it would provoke war with France and Britain.

The Kaiser thought he was on a roll.

I'm so funny.

nah we got used for propaganda to drag usa into the war. that and didn't know it was veterans day even but we'll leave at this.

nah we got used for propaganda to drag usa into the war. that and didn't know it was veterans day even but we'll leave at this.

You got used to drag the UK and France into the war. Mexico got used to drag the US into the war. BTW, it's all good!

uggh, techically germany didn't start the war, the war got started when Ferdinand of the austria hungarian empire got shot in in serbia.

Reason for this was because some very powerfull, rich german and belgian industrials had the plan to skip the suez channel and start a eurasian railroad.

Wich would have sidelined some of the most powerfull families still running the show.

Their companies still excist, but guess in who's hands they are now ?

It was a war started for territories and resources. Oil, coal, diamonds, gold ... you name it, companies like debeers wouldn't excist anymore without WWI and closing the door on those german and belgian industrials.

Archived