GDT: Los Angeles at Buffalo 11-12-13 at 7:00 PM EST

qwksndmonster

Loved the game last night. Well after the first period.

RJ with a helmet on was absurd. If you/they are that concerned about your/his well being, then don't put him in the line of fire.

Call me crazy, but it seemed like he called a better game.

That helmet took me back to Mark Kelso in his Kazoo days.

I liked RJ down there. Remember when he did game from the stands? Definitely in the new arena — I want to say very early on. Last regular season game in 98 maybe. I think they played the Caps.

Keep him there and give him a spotter in the booth. No shame in that. He was not picking up names easily, and honestly that happens when he's upstairs too. Criminy, I don't know how these announcers do it. I sit up top with 20/20 vision, albeit with dry eyes at the end of the day, and have trouble myself.

Way to go Millsie.....

I've really become a Miller fan this year. He knows it's hopeless, but he's had a good attitude, got into a fight, is playing at a top 3-8 level....much respect.

Is it something to respect? It seems that playing for an Olympic spot, not playing for the Sabres, it was drives him toward elite status.

Just a thought here, and don't take it for anything else - What do the Sabres do if they suddenly should catch fire and go on a prolonged streak of playing well, getting points? Wouldn't that pretty much shoot down the entire rebuild plan?

No, because a key component of the rebuild is to let the kids learn to play the NHL game now. If they begin to gather points at that rate then they are learning how to be effective players in this league. However I expect any improvement this year to be more incremental, like maybe only getting out shot by 10 shots a game instead of 20.

I liked RJ down there. Remember when he did game from the stands? Definitely in the new arena — I want to say very early on. Last regular season game in 98 maybe. I think they played the Caps.

Keep him there and give him a spotter in the booth. No shame in that. He was not picking up names easily, and honestly that happens when he's upstairs too. Criminy, I don't know how these announcers do it. I sit up top with 20/20 vision, albeit with dry eyes at the end of the day, and have trouble myself.

Is it something to respect? It seems that playing for an Olympic spot, not playing for the Sabres, it was drives him toward elite status.

Honestly though, in recent years, who could blame him if he does feel that way?

It's weird. My #suffering isn't coming in the losses. It's coming in the wins. I was a zombie during the shootout. I was so tired and cold I went to bed and listened. Sabres win. Turn off radio. Nothing. How am I supposed to feel when something happens that is counterproductive to the stated goal of the organization? How am I supposed to feel about Ryan Miller's superb play when he's Dead Man Skating?

Honestly though, in recent years, who could blame him if he does feel that way?

Isn't this the third time it's happened though?

It's weird. My #suffering isn't coming in the losses. It's coming in the wins. I was a zombie during the shootout. I was so tired and cold I went to bed and listened. Sabres win. Turn off radio. Nothing. How am I supposed to feel when something happens that is counterproductive to the stated goal of the organization? How am I supposed to feel about Ryan Miller's superb play when he's Dead Man Skating?

Isn't this the third time it's happened though?

Miller playing for the olympics? He was hurt in 2005-2006, and didn't come into consideration? Biron had a pretty darn good streak in his absence too, if I recall correctly.

I don't feel especially peeved by it.

If anything, I think it's a damn shame he didn't have a better Sabres team in front of him in recent years, since he's quite clearly capable of taking his game to another level when the "prize" is within reach.

I haven't got there yet. I expect to lose and am far more accepting of a loss than ever before.

And I've lost the old denial mechanism, the old "we deserved to win that one, if only..."

We have deserved to lose every single game this year.

So when a chance to win comes along it's just a blind-squirrel-gets-nut thing, and it feels like a no-lose situation.

When King popped his goal, I wasn't crushed because it was inevitable.

But I was swearing at that douchebag Richards with a venom and fist-pumping when Ennis popped the winner.

It's actually kind of liberating.

As far as Miler goes, he looks like he is suffering as much as we are and instead of being a ###### about it, he's enduring it like a man.

Much respect.

Last I saw him was at Walgreens. Every other time that I've seen him, he's been dressed up, but this time, he was wearing shorts. And Inkman, you've got some serious competition in the calves department. Time to bulk up, buddy.

I saw Gilbert Perreault in a sauna at a health club years ago, and I know exactly what you mean.

Maybe that's what Rolston wanted him to come into his office to do :flirt:

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

To be honest i wouldn't trade the 1st pick, i'd just take eckblad and trade myers and erhoff for forwards.

if they panick enough, they'll take Myers + 2nd for eberle even.

A defense of Eckblad - pysyk - Ristolainen - zadorov - MCnabb - McCabe, I'd like that in 2yrs.

Archived