Official 2014 NHL Draft thread

North Buffalo

You couldn't trade Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennett, Dal Colle, and Draisaitl combined for the top pick in 2015. This post is completely unrealistic. Also the rest of your assumption that we would be drafting a "project forward" is highly questionable. It is extremely rare for a 1st overall pick to miss and it really hasn't happened in the last decade unless you count the defenders taken first overall.

Trade Ekblad for the first overall in 2015... go home you're drunk.

Wait a minute, i never said Ekblad for Connor alone. I said "bait." Clearly it would also be the Sabres 2015 1st and maybe St. Louis' and NYI's first rounders. Just an idea and not nuts when you consider the differnce between Ekblad and Bennett or SR.

The 2014 draft is weak. And if the goal is to tank and get Connor, and when there might be expansion in 2015 (changing draft orders), you need to think outside the box.

Wait a minute, i never said Ekblad for Connor alone. I said "bait." Clearly it would also be the Sabres 2015 1st and maybe St. Louis' and NYI's first rounders. Just an idea and not nuts when you consider the differnce between Ekblad and Bennett or SR.

The 2014 draft is weak. And if the goal is to tank and get Connor, and when there might be expansion in 2015 (changing draft orders), you need to think outside the box.

The point is that nobody is going to trade the first pick next year. Period. You either win the lottery or you don't.

Sorry man but it is nuts. Nobody is trading out of taking Connor mcdavid. Nobody.

Sorry man but it is nuts. Nobody is trading out of taking Connor mcdavid. Nobody.

what if, by luck or injuries or whatever, The St. Louis Blues already have? how awesome would that be?

I just thought of something, every year under this playoff/draft system, the Eastern Conference is going to get 33% more lottery players than the West (8 east vs 6 west) Will this eventually result in a talent disparity?

what if, by luck or injuries or whatever, The St. Louis Blues already have? how awesome would that be?

I just thought of something, every year under this playoff/draft system, the Eastern Conference is going to get 33% more lottery players than the West (8 east vs 6 west) Will this eventually result in a talent disparity?

That would be awesome! That's why I really want the blues to make it to the conference finals so we get the first but then miller doesn't sign there. It is very unlikely they end up in a lottery position but the odds slightly increase if miller signs elsewhere.

Not to further fan the flames of neurosis, but has any NHL #1pick ever pulled an Elway or Eli and said that won't play for the team that drafted them? The kid drafted by Anaheim choreographed a move but he wasn't a #1 and there were other factors.

Not to further fan the flames of neurosis, but has any NHL #1pick ever pulled an Elway or Eli and said that won't play for the team that drafted them? The kid drafted by Anaheim choreographed a move but he wasn't a #1 and there were other factors.

Eric Lindros.

Drafted by Quebec and traded to Philly when he said he wouldn't play in Quebec.

Edited by weave

Corey Pronman@coreypronman 1m

Willie Nylander had a really strong second half, and think he's back in the top-end discussion for the draft. He has some risk on his game..

Corey Pronman@coreypronman 50s

But probably has the most offensive upside of any forward in the draft.

Corey Pronman@coreypronman 4m

At this point I think he could go anywhere from 3-10.

Edited by BRAWNDO

That would be awesome! That's why I really want the blues to make it to the conference finals so we get the first but then miller doesn't sign there. It is very unlikely they end up in a lottery position but the odds slightly increase if miller signs elsewhere.

We already have their 2015 first. The conditional is this year.

Just give me 2 North American boys. Call me what you will, but unless GMTM is 100% sure The German Gretzky is exactly ###### that, I want no part of him.

it's the "tl" at the end, isn't it?

We already have their 2015 first. The conditional is this year.

I think that's what he's saying, he ALSO wants the first this year.

I think that's what he's saying, he ALSO wants the first this year.

He was talking about he hopes so badly that we get that pick and they end up in the lottery. Maybe he just wasn't clear.

Edit: makes some sense now if I read it in a certain way.

Edited by Tankalicious

Just give me 2 North American boys. Call me what you will, but unless GMTM is 100% sure The German Gretzky is exactly ###### that, I want no part of him.

I would welcome a Hossa Forsberg or Datsyuk....and a Toews or Getzlaf or Giroux. BPA.

I think you could get away with someone lower than 1-3 if your the isles. With Tavares on your team and snows incompetence I think thus try to pair whoever they get with him on the too line. Sorry my phone sucks but as for the Bennett vs Reinhary debate from what I've read it seems like the ceiling is just much higher in Bennett. Also, someone mentioned earlier how Reinharts glamor may just be fading off evaluate we've know about him for so long this season. Is there truth in this or is Bennett really the next Gilmour?

Hopefully it's the decision between Parise and Toews, because we're guaranteed one of the two.

TSN intermission: BobMcKenzie just said Murray has spent the past week out west, watching Draisaitl and Reinhart play in person at least three times each.

Also said he would consider moving Myers in deal that involved another top five pick.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.