Don't Give Us A Reason To Complain.

hockeyhound

For the record I am very excited about the season regardless of the outcome.

Sabres management made it clear that we could be in for a rough ride this season, some “suffering” but, that does not excuse laziness and lack of effort.

I get it, Buffalo is going to be out gunned and overwhelmed by talented teams most of the season, and I can accept that. We are in a rebuild mode; however, even if that is the case, Buffalo should not be out worked.

Hard working fans invest their hard earned money into a local professional sports team that is representing their city; that team should represent their investors, and at least return a hardworking effort.

I don’t mind the suffering when we are talking about 18-20 year old kids; however, I am bothered by those older vets that have had years to grow and mature, and still don’t get it.

Coach Rolston said, “It is simple; play the game the right way”.

What is the right way?

Coach Rolston used Girgs, Porter, and Flynn as an example of what it is to play the right way. Hard working honest effort and that is what hardworking honest fans want out of the team that is representing the City of Buffalo.

The people of Buffalo don’t want opposing teams coming into their building laughing about how easy it is to compete against the Sabres.

I don’t care if Buffalo ends up dead last in the league; however, don’t let it be because of team laziness or softness because that does not represent me or the people of Buffalo very well.

Right now as an out of state "Sabres' fan" living in Flyers' territory it is so hard to admit to being a fan of a team that apparently has searched high and low for players that want to sit back to watch the game they are playing in. The FLYERS today stood up to a 0-3 record and fired Peter Laviolette because the team he was coaching was not winning. Yes, ownership said how they'd back him but they lied because the team sucked. I can't blame Rolston for this mix of 'who could give a care' group of skaters but a bold statement needs to be made now because only two players have worked their butts off in the first three games, Miller and Enroth. By not resolving the Vanek and Miller situation (Either sign them or move them. I am in the sign them camp.) the rest of the team sees that management can't get the job done on their end. By allowing a Tyler Myers who is afraid to get hit, seems lost, and is just plain lazy to not have to change only gives incentive to the younger players to follow suit. I cannot imagine paying full price for a ticket this year and so I may forgo a Sabres' trip or two to Buffalo because I want to see high energy and passion from my team even if the team is not a playoff caliber NHL team (Under current management it might never reach that level again because the one truth about Darcy Regier teams since we have had him is that the players never skate the full game nor seem to be bothered by watching other teams take advantage of their lazy play; just watch video's of the power plays through the years where the number of short handed goals or opportunities are shocking.). I keep hoping that the rookies and younger players have enough heart to start kicking butt but then again they were picked by Darcy and perhaps their character matches all the players we have had come through Buffalo for the last decade. Ownership if they cared would be contemplating making some waves ... but sadly it will never happen.

Lack of effort seems to be a Sabres' hallmark these last few years. With all the young players Buffalo has on the team, every one of them should be working their a$$es off to stay in the NHL. It almost seems like they would prefer to go down to Rochester (or back to juniors). I can forgive inexperience and rookie mistakes, but not a half-a$$ed effort. The other night against the Sens, I saw two of the five Sabre skaters just standing near the face-off circle watching as their teammates struggled to keep the puck along the boards. Hey, give me a pair of skates and a jersey...I can do the same thing and I'll do it for entry-level money.

Right now as an out of state "Sabres' fan" living in Flyers' territory it is so hard to admit to being a fan of a team that apparently has searched high and low for players that want to sit back to watch the game they are playing in. The FLYERS today stood up to a 0-3 record and fired Peter Laviolette because the team he was coaching was not winning. Yes, ownership said how they'd back him but they lied because the team sucked. I can't blame Rolston for this mix of 'who could give a care' group of skaters but a bold statement needs to be made now because only two players have worked their butts off in the first three games, Miller and Enroth. By not resolving the Vanek and Miller situation (Either sign them or move them. I am in the sign them camp.) the rest of the team sees that management can't get the job done on their end. By allowing a Tyler Myers who is afraid to get hit, seems lost, and is just plain lazy to not have to change only gives incentive to the younger players to follow suit. I cannot imagine paying full price for a ticket this year and so I may forgo a Sabres' trip or two to Buffalo because I want to see high energy and passion from my team even if the team is not a playoff caliber NHL team (Under current management it might never reach that level again because the one truth about Darcy Regier teams since we have had him is that the players never skate the full game nor seem to be bothered by watching other teams take advantage of their lazy play; just watch video's of the power plays through the years where the number of short handed goals or opportunities are shocking.). I keep hoping that the rookies and younger players have enough heart to start kicking butt but then again they were picked by Darcy and perhaps their character matches all the players we have had come through Buffalo for the last decade. Ownership if they cared would be contemplating making some waves ... but sadly it will never happen.

1. I am not sure there is a team in the league that would want a player that sits back and watches the game they are playing in; however, if you are referring to the numerous times that we witness veteran players coast when all that they needed was a few more strides to make a difference on their shift then I can see your point.

2. I wouldn't agree that the room is full of "who could give a care' group of skaters; I believe we are only three games into the season and there is alot of hockey to be played. It's possible that the team is suffering from shock and awe, and just need time to get acclimated to the new season and intensity of the game.

3. I would agree that Enroth and Miller have been outstanding and that they have given their best each night they have played; however, to say that they were the only ones that worked their butts off might be a stretch. After all Coach Rolston did compliment several players who "played the right way".

4. It seems to me that Myers was a little overwhelmed with the pressure in a couple of games but, so was most of the team. I have seen a huge improvement in Myers game since last year. I like the new curl and drag move he makes on players that are bringing a straight away pressure game to him, I liked how he threw a player down that was crowding our goalie, and I like the fact that he is trying to make a difference offensively by taking pucks down low behind the opponents net. IMO he has done a really good job so far.

5. I agree with you in that " I want to see high energy and passion from my team even if the team is not a playoff caliber NHL team".

6. I'm not sure Darcy has the kind of power that could cause players not to skate or to admire the opposition taking advantage of their lazy play. "Never" is probably a little strong.

7. Once again I am not sure we can place all the blame on Darcy for guys that cannot interpret the coaches message. There are some guys who may never understand what "playing the game the right way means" no matter how many games they play. Players like Barnaby, Rob Ray, Adam Mair, Chris Drury, etc... understood the intensity of an NHL game and knew what it took to match the opponents intensity and give a little bit more to secure a win. It just takes a few good players and a little bit of time to get that message across, and I think Buffalo has the guys in the room that can demonstrate so others can follow.

I can understand your frustration with this team; however, at some point we are going to have to see some of the positives if we are going to make through another season. Hang in there Sabres Fan in Philly; make the trip it will be worth it.

Lack of effort seems to be a Sabres' hallmark these last few years. With all the young players Buffalo has on the team, every one of them should be working their a$$es off to stay in the NHL. It almost seems like they would prefer to go down to Rochester (or back to juniors). I can forgive inexperience and rookie mistakes, but not a half-a$$ed effort. The other night against the Sens, I saw two of the five Sabre skaters just standing near the face-off circle watching as their teammates struggled to keep the puck along the boards. Hey, give me a pair of skates and a jersey...I can do the same thing and I'll do it for entry-level money.

I agree, working their A$$es off to stay in the NHL is what I want to see; however, some times guys have to hold position and give their teammate a chance to win the one on one battle.

Having said that, I understand your frustration when you see guys just stand around seemingly not alert to what is going on.

I cannot explain it but from what Coach Rolston has been saying, ice time is earned, and I have to believe that at some point, the players that want to stand around, admire plays, coast, and generally are soft will eventually be benched.

I am glad this is an 82 game season; I am looking forward to watching the young guys grow up.

Sure you say that now, and then BOOM, I want a raise..

The Flyers dismantled the core of a Cup runner up for prospects, and it has blown up in their face in spectacular fashion. Part of the reason they used to justify Laviolette after only three games was a lackluster preseason. Yes, preseason performance. I'm not sure the Flyers have management in place should be lauded for much of anything right now.

The Flyers dismantled the core of a Cup runner up for prospects, and it has blown up in their face in spectacular fashion. Part of the reason they used to justify Laviolette after only three games was a lackluster preseason. Yes, preseason performance. I'm not sure the Flyers have management in place who should be lauded for much of anything right now.

The talent that Philly has offloaded! Sharp, JVR, Carter, Richards..... I know I am missing a few.

The Flyers dismantled the core of a Cup runner up for prospects, and it has blown up in their face in spectacular fashion. Part of the reason they used to justify Laviolette after only three games was a lackluster preseason. Yes, preseason performance. I'm not sure the Flyers have management in place should be lauded for much of anything right now.

Some how doesn't it always come down to goal tending with that group?

Who are the people that make all the decisions; I guess it is easier to dump the coach than to expose the management mistakes.

I don’t care if Buffalo ends up dead last in the league; however, don’t let it be because of team laziness or softness because that does not represent me or the people of Buffalo very well.

Say hello Drewwwwwwwwwwwww Staffordddddd

Archived