Sabres hire a "roving" Goalie Coach/Scout

26CornerBlitz

Dedicated goalie scout? Or long term succession plan for Jim Corsi? Or an assistant to work on-ice with Jim?

Benefits of Pegulabucks for sure, but I don't know what that role is.

Sounds like he'll move around within the system to coach Hackett, Makarov, Lieuwen, Knapp, etc. and report on potential prospects in his travels as well.

What's wrong with that? My son has a Celtic first name and an eastern European last name. You don't suppose people from two different backgrounds might get married, do you?

that particular combo just doesn't flow off the tongue is all.

My son has Gaelic First Name and an Eastern European last name as well. I never pegged you for the anti-miscegenation type.

Seamus Kowalski?

Baseball teams have positions like this (not goalie coaches though)

Sal Fasano is the Jays roving catchers coach i believe. he travels through the different levels of the farm system and even works with the guys on the big club as an extra coach.

So basically this guy will travel through the Sabres different farm systems, working with all the goalies they have and also work as a scout while he is out there

Sal Fasano is the Jays roving catchers coach i believe. he travels through the different levels of the farm system and even works with the guys on the big club as an extra coach.

So basically this guy will travel through the Sabres different farm systems, working with all the goalies they have and also work as a scout while he is out there

Makes sense, since, theres a major probability that we'll have a goalie duo of Enroth/Hackett in Buffalo sooner then later. haha

I'm interested in seeing how he interacts with Corsi & Janosz.

Archived