All about the Rochester Amerks 13-14

LabattBlue

@AmerksHockey

Buy one, get one FREE ticket offer for this Wednesday’s home game. Take advantage and join us at the BCA >> http://bit.ly/1ca13FT

At least the second time they have done it. I've gone to almost as many games as when I had seasons, and I'm paying less. They desperately need to get peeps into that barn. It is empty every day but Fridays.

Not sure what's wrong with Armia. He's been MIA.

that boarding call he took last night didn't seem that bad. I'd take it he hasn't been on the scoring sheet much lately?

Is this a case of getting used to the N.American ice rather than Euro ice in terms of size and space? I haven't seen much or paid much attention to the Amerks as of late, so any insight is helpful.

Wasn't that sort of the book on him in Finland? Goes from having great stretches to being totally invisible for long periods of time.

The way things are going, I wouldn't mind Armia and Grigorenko spending all of next year together in Rochester.

Maybe Ristolainen too, in the event he ever shows up again.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe, just maybe, I was referring to your coconut.

While the arena people did have a seat upgrade promo for the seats two rows in front of me, I really felt like the moose was antagonizing me for booing the goal in the opening 15 seconds. I mean, I just moved 5 seats over until he left but it was clearly a dick move on his part. I didn't want to be on YouTube for fighting a mascot but he was pushing my buttons. I laughed about it at first, but when he was still there 7 minutes of game time later, I was wondering what the deal was.

Hey Ink, or other Amerk watchers, team appears to be rolling right now. Can you give us a status report?

Going tonight as well. Right now their D is NHL caliber with Risto, McNabb and Pysyk. The forwards don't have elite AHL talent, but they are almost all solid 2 way forwards. Nothing flashy. Like Adam continues to pile up points. Larsson showing improvement. I'll give another report after tonight.

Amerks win 4-1. McNabb and Pysyk top D pair. McNabb has the A figured out. He scored his second goal in as many games. Risto and Larrson have lots of room to improve but their games are coming around. This was Armia's first game back from injury, wasn't much of a factor but watching him you can see the talent ooze from him. He needs to figure out how to use his skill to gain an advantage against the opposition. Right now he just kinda aimlessly uses his skill with no advantage gained. I'm confident he'll come around, he just needs seasoning.

Edited by inkman

Amerks win 4-1. McNabb and Pysyk top D pair. McNabb has the A figured out. He scored his second goal in as many games. Risto and Larrson have lots of room to improve but their games are coming around. This was Armia's first game back from injury, wasn't much of a factor but watching him you can see the talent ooze from him. He needs to figure out how to use his skill to gain an advantage against the opposition. Right now he just kinda aimlessly uses his skill with no advantage gained. I'm confident he'll come around, he just needs seasoning.

I'm hoping Pysyk, McNabb, and Larsson are full time NHLers next year, but I like the idea of the 2014-2015 Amerks having Ristolainen, McCabe, Armia, and Grigorenko all playing together.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.