Sabres Press Conference 7-2-13

That Aud Smell

Two things ...

1) Chz, can we draft superdave to be a Sabrespace regular? I :wub: superdave.

Aw shucks. I might stick around a bit.

Superdave is ok in my book (for a Canes fan :nana: ). However if we sent someone like X over to the Canes board to talk about Sekera he'd probably get banned.

I was once banned for life from the main Canes board. It's a long story, but I was basically banned there for something I posted somewhere else. Getting banned there isn't hard. Of course, I'm playing nice.

How did Ruff not take this concept seriously even though every team in the league is doing it?

Not even close to being true.

Teams with highly biased defensmen rosters concerning handedness: Anaheim (7L, 2R), Buffalo (8L, 3R), Dallas (6L, 2R), Detroit (9L, 1R), Senators (8L, 2R), Flyers (10L, 3R)

Teams with games played counts that suggest lots of use of same handed pairings: Calgary, Carolina, Chicago, Los Angeles (a little bit), Montreal, Islanders, Tampa (a little bit), Toronto, Vancouver, Washington

Teams that are very, very even in L/R in games played respects (but doesn't necessarily guarantee that same-handed pairings): Edmonton, Nashville, New Jersey, Rangers, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, San Jose, St Louis, Winnipeg

I'd say at least half the league utilizes same-handed pairings.

If we sign him, Briere will be 1-3 year contract. Most definitely on the downside of his career at 35. But hey he still looks like hes 18. Im sure he can mentor these younger guys. For example, beware of GMs. It would be cool if he got a second wind and scored 25+ for us.

GM listens to the coach. It never seemed like that mattered to Ruff much. Rolston's probably different. Somebody said recently that it's more important than it used to be because of the increased speed of more aggressive forechecking.

If Regier listened to Ruff, Briere would still be a Sabre.

Archived