Captain 2013-2014

ubkev

Alright boys and girls...who are going to be wearing the letters this season?

This is assuming Vanek is traded before the start of the season.

So we have Stafford (A) and Ott (A) and no Captain. Who gets the C? and does Ron let Stafford keep that (A)?

I cant really think of anyone on the current roster deserving of the C. But Stafford definitely doesn't deserve that (A) and other than Ehrhoff, who could be a letter wearer? Hodgson? Ennis? Myers? Sekera? Mike Weber is cut from the right cloth, and has all the right stuff except for the skills.

So what say you SabreSpace, who's getting the letters?

Captains? We talking 'bout captains? I mean, Captains?

Indulge me....

...No, seriously, its 6:10am, I've been out of work for 3 hours and I have nothing better to do...lets go!

Mike Weber gets the "C". They want to have a rebuild, why not use a young veteran. He can show the team what it takes to work hard. He went from barely playing, to busting his A$$ and now he is one of the teams most consistent players

I will agree with you on 2 out of 3. He busts his ass and he was one of the most consistent players last year. However, do the sabres want their captain to be their 3rd best defensemen?

I will agree with you on 2 out of 3. He busts his ass and he was one of the most consistent players last year. However, do the sabres want their captain to be their 3rd best defensemen?

Before I listened to terry yesterday on wgr I would have said no. But after hearing him praise girgenson for being such a hard worker and thats what this team will start being all about. I think Weber fits the type of player terry wants on this team and the type of person terry wants to lead this team. He would rather have a hard worker who isnt a top player, rather than a top player who isnt a hard worker on his team.

Before I listened to terry yesterday on wgr I would have said no. But after hearing him praise girgenson for being such a hard worker and thats what this team will start being all about. I think Weber fits the type of player terry wants on this team and the type of person terry wants to lead this team. He would rather have a hard worker who isnt a top player, rather than a top player who isnt a hard worker on his team.

If Terry's picking the Captains, we're really in for it...

Captains? We talking 'bout captains? I mean, Captains?

THERE ARE NO REAL CAPTAINS!!!!!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/foodbeast/capn-crunch-makes-nationa_b_3462526.html

Unless something drastic changes and going along with the OP assumption that Vanek is traded prior to the start of next season ...

Weber = C

Ott = A

Ehrhoff = A

This off season is dragging already ..........

wait for it...

No way Weber is a captain. He'll be one of the guys rotated out with our seventh defenseman. That's not captain material. (I do love Weber's player, but come on).

I wish so badly that it could be Cody Hodgson, because he's done a fine job leading prior to the NHL... but I just don't think he shows enough on defense to warrant that.

If Vanek is one the team, give it to him.

Not that I want to stop anyone, but I've never enjoyed Captain discussions.

I don't think Captains matter all that much.

You have leadership in the room or you don't.

Agreed. I don't really think it's that big of a deal. Sometimes it gives talented players a little extra boost, but otherwise it doesn't matter.

No way Weber is a captain. He'll be one of the guys rotated out with our seventh defenseman. That's not captain material. (I do love Weber's player, but come on).

I wish so badly that it could be Cody Hodgson, because he's done a fine job leading prior to the NHL... but I just don't think he shows enough on defense to warrant that.

If Vanek is one the team, give it to him.

Name a better shut down defender on the Sabres.

Are expecting the Sabres to aquire any D or are you assuming Ehrhoff, Sekera, Pysyk, Rudy, McNabb, and Myers will be ahea of him?

Are expecting the Sabres to aquire any D or are you assuming Ehrhoff, Sekera, Pysyk, Rudy, McNabb, and Myers will be ahea of him?

Neither. I expect him to be a part of the top six, but they'll likely rotate some of the guys on the back end. I mean he was a healthy scratch at times this season, I don't expect that to stop immediately. It will soon enough.

I think either this year or a year later, Weber will solidify himself as a true top four dman. But he's not QUITE there yet, in my opinion.

Neither. I expect him to be a part of the top six, but they'll likely rotate some of the guys on the back end.

Myers - Sekera

Ehrhoff - Sulzer

Weber - Pysyk

McNabb - Rudy

we still have some questionable pairings for our defense next year.

Christian Ehrhoff is our best dman. Wouldn't call him shutdown, but check out these graphs... (This is the first useful thing I've EVER found over at Hockeybuzz):

These show the shot-differentials with and without Ehrhoff on the ice.

2vj4ihj.jpg

Ignore the forward part because I'm not quite sure why that's even relevant or he has any affect on that. But the dman one is pretty interesting.

Myers - Sekera

Ehrhoff - Sulzer

Weber - Pysyk

McNabb - Rudy

Sulzer won't be in there. At least I don't think. Doubt he's resigned.

Myers-Sekera

Ehrhoff-Weber

Pysyk, McNabb and Ruhwedel fight for the final two spots.

Myers - Sekera

Ehrhoff - Sulzer

Weber - Pysyk

McNabb - Rudy

Too many Tallinder types for my liking. Hoping to God that Sulzer is not a regular, he's just not that good. I like having slick skating puck movers on D but another PP shooter/zone entry type is needed. Unless McNabb is penciled in the lineup, even if he is, they still need one more facwashing, crease cross-checking, ankle slasher D man. Weber and maybe McNabb are not enough. Whatever nasty Dman from this years final 4 is a UFA should be targeted to traded for.

what is the away and together supposed to mean? Away from Ehrhoff or Together with Ehrhoff? Also What are the percentages? Why do people never label their X and Y axis!

Too many Tallinder types for my liking. Hoping to God that Sulzer is not a regular, he's just not that good. I like having slick skating puck movers on D but another PP shooter/zone entry type is needed. Unless McNabb is penciled in the lineup, even if he is, they still need one more facwashing, crease cross-checking, ankle slasher D man. Weber and maybe McNabb are not enough. Whatever nasty Dman from this years final 4 is a UFA should be targeted to traded for.

or we draft Ristolainen or Zadarov and then wait 1-3years for them to contribute... uhhh just hearing me say that makes me sick :sick:

what is the away and together supposed to mean? Away from Ehrhoff or Together with Ehrhoff? Also What are the percentages? Why do people never label their X and Y axis!

I descirbe this, but it is really frustrating when people don't do that. The away and together obviously means without and with Ehrhoff. The percentages are the shot differential (below 50% means the other team has more shots, above means the Sabres have more shots. The percentage over and under 50% is the differential).

Archived