Sabres Combine 2013

spndnchz

So far I've got Lindholm, Kurt Ethchegary, Émile Poirier, Sean Monahan, Adam Erne, Steve Santini, Kerby Rychel, Dylan Labbe coming to the Sabres combine.

Physical and psychological testing will be done. Top prospects Monday and Tuesday the rest through Thursday.

It'd be interesting to the read the psych tests.

Maybe I should clarify. The interview questions are written by a psychologist. The Sabres give the interview and the psych goes over the answers afterward. I assume something like a "personality profile" exam given at a job interview.

FWIW, only 30 or so of the guys at the NHL combine will be attending. The rest of them (30-40) will be outside top 100 guys.

No worries. From today's article:

“We’ll give these kids psychological tests, too,” Devine said, “and if something comes out of those things we try to dig down with it."

Also, I wasn't expressing an interest in reading the results necessarily (maybe they'd be a good read?), just what types of questions they ask.

No worries. From today's article:

Also, I wasn't expressing an interest in reading the results necessarily (maybe they'd be a good read?), just what types of questions they ask.

"Do you weigh more than 190 lbs and not have an unquestioned passive reaction to authority? Well, we may draft you, but you'll either be traded or a shell of your former self come 25 games into your NHL career."

Sorry.....that was the old test.....

Otter, Otter, Otter... yes I know a weasel, but the Norwalk aquarium has Otters looking just like this.

Otters are one of the coolest animals in real life. On really quiet days at the zoo, the otters will hang and play, putting on a show for you. They are hams....it's funny how Ott really is like an otter.

The Native Americans hold the otter in high regard. They dread the weasel however........sounds about right.

@JustinBailey95

Had a good time at the @BuffaloSabres combine today pic.twitter.com/F9S7INHFCw

I hope we draft Bailey, not just for the Buffalo connection but I like the kid's game and size.

This means they expect him to go in the first few rounds. Most have him ranked @ pick 35 or so. Nice hometown feel though he has had a concussion.

This means they expect him to go in the first few rounds. Most have him ranked @ pick 35 or so. Nice hometown feel though he has had a concussion.

Hasn't just about every hockey player had a concussion (diagnosed or not) by that time in their careers?

Archived