Cutthroat - new 30 for 30 short

SabresFanInTexas

Man....I wonder if he still has that fun and boisterous personality anymore. He used to be a comedian on the fly. Loved the guy.

With OCD sometimes comes other issues. I am friendly with a pro athlete that hit the top of their game and they said the same thing.....OCD is a gift that got them there through hyperfocus, but at the same time the hodgepodge of issues that came with it left them homeless and attempting suicide at one point.

I can't help but be haunted by Craig Melvin's iconic shot of this.

Don't click if you are squeamish.

http://www.sportssho...rs.html?id=9191

Thanks for the warning. I was 6 rows up from the ice in the section next to the zamboni doors for that game. I avoid pics and video of that scene. I don't need to ever see it again.

A guy sat next to me at a game this year wearing a Malarchuk jersey. He had traveled from Calgary to fulfill a lifelong dream of spending a month in Buffalo watching the Sabres. He's a goaltender, cousin of Darcy Wakaluk, and very candid about his own mental health issues. He told me Clint's always just a phone call away, not just for a cousin of a former pro goalie, but for lots of people in that area with mental illnesses.

Damn. That short had me in tears. Twice.

I'm disappointed that short didn't tell of the way-beyond-expected support and help that Rick Dudley gave Malarchuk. If I have time tonight I'll see if I can dig up the story, but the short version is Duds gave him a job with the San Diego Gulls when Malarchuk couldn't get a job anywhere else AND got him the psychiatric assistance he needed. It wasn't until after Malarchuk thought he didn't need the help anymore that the OCD came roaring back in unmanageable ways.

Damn. That short had me in tears. Twice.

I'm disappointed that short didn't tell of the way-beyond-expected support and help that Rick Dudley gave Malarchuk. If I have time tonight I'll see if I can dig up the story, but the short version is Duds gave him a job with the San Diego Gulls when Malarchuk couldn't get a job anywhere else AND got him the psychiatric assistance he needed. It wasn't until after Malarchuk thought he didn't need the help anymore that the OCD came roaring back in unmanageable ways.

Was it this one?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/magazine/clint-malarchuk-the-survivor-dan-robson/

Archived