Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

Need someone on defense to step up

Marrone has a lot to learn about clock management. I guess that is what happens when you hire a 500 football coach.

That's what happens when you go cheap on a coach.

First, most NFL coaches botch clock management. Second, way too much focus on the negative. We have a rookie head coach from college and he matched wits with the most revered coach of this generation. That first series of the second half was a thing of beauty. Lots to like.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

First, most NFL coaches botch clock management. Second, way too much focus on the negative. We have a rookie head coach from college and he matched wits with the most revered coach of this generation. That first series of the second half was a thing of beauty. Lots to like.

BS.. He might have won that game if he just slowed it down a little in the 4th. He gave Brady to many chances with too much time.

BS.. He might have won that game if he just slowed it down a little in the 4th. He gave Brady to many chances with too much time.

I agree. It's something he'll have to learn how to do. I just think he didn't want to mess with the game plan on the first day. They had other things to worry about before nit picking clock management.

BS.. you know exactly how this goes. Brady wins it no matter how many seconds are on the clock. That's just how its drawn up from the league.

I didn't follow college back then, but I don't put any stock into it anyway. As far as the pros go, Brady has been choking in big moments and the playoffs ever since they built the team around him. Did he suddenly forget how to be clutch and handle pressure? My point is I think it's exceedingly difficult to separate individual "choking" from broader team effects. For example, Manning has historically struggled against the Chargers in the regular season, it was just a bad matchup for the Colts. Yet the playoffs hit and suddenly it's a huge choke job. I don't buy it.

I buy a lot of what you are saying, and one of my better friends will spends days arguing about the whole " pressure" thing, but when a player comes up short several times and is an integral part of team, he has to take a large part of the blame.

Need someone on defense to step up

Marrone has a lot to learn about clock management. I guess that is what happens when you hire a 500 football coach.

That's what happens when you go cheap on a coach.

I understand your confusion, Buffalo actually has a coach that knew he had to score there and you mistakenly think its bad clock management!

I understand your confusion, Buffalo actually has a coach that knew he had to score there and you mistakenly think its bad clock management!

No you don't. I'm not saying he should have changed any plays he called. All I'm saying is he should have gone to the line quickly and then took some time off of the clock. Hiking the ball with a rookie QB every 15 or 17 seconds is just plain dumb. They simply are not talented enough and experienced enough to do that late in the fourth with a lead, They clearly played to lose on the last play of the game. Everyone in America could see it coming except the guy who is being paid not to let that happen.

You will not beat the Patriots with double digit penalties. I hope all those penalties were just opening day jitters. That can't continue to happen.

This.

You can't give a team like the Patriots that many free yards.

I like that the Bills didn't "slow it down" in the fourth quarter. This is a team looking to define their identity offensively.

Everyone in America could see it coming

Really? Cause I had to watch some bootleg Russian streaming to see it coming.

I enjoyed this game. It would have been the titties to pull out the win, but with that many penalties and Tom Brady not being able to telekinetically will the ball into the hands of his 2nd-hand receivers any more than he did in the last drive, it wasn't in the cards. As said before, lots of good things in this game, lots of good things to come. It was a joy to watch the Patriots fail as much as they did- embarrassing them is just about as enjoyable as getting the W.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.