Buffalo Bills 2013

inkman

He choked in Tennesee and came up short most of his NFL career. The Super Bowl was a perfect storm culminating with one of weakest opponents ever.

He beat Tom Brady in the AFC Championship to get to that Super Bowl -- and it was a pretty big comeback.

EDIT: I just checked. They were down 21-3. The comeback was the largest ever in an NFL conference championship game.

Edited by Robviously

He choked in Tennesee and came up short most of his NFL career. The Super Bowl was a perfect storm culminating with one of weakest opponents ever.

I didn't follow college back then, but I don't put any stock into it anyway. As far as the pros go, Brady has been choking in big moments and the playoffs ever since they built the team around him. Did he suddenly forget how to be clutch and handle pressure? My point is I think it's exceedingly difficult to separate individual "choking" from broader team effects. For example, Manning has historically struggled against the Chargers in the regular season, it was just a bad matchup for the Colts. Yet the playoffs hit and suddenly it's a huge choke job. I don't buy it.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

I didn't follow college back then, but I don't put any stock into it anyway. As far as the pros go, Brady has been choking in big moments and the playoffs ever since they built the team around him. Did he suddenly forget how to be clutch and handle pressure? My point is I think it's exceedingly difficult to separate individual "choking" from broader team effects. For example, Manning has historically struggled against the Chargers in the regular season, it was just a bad matchup for the Colts. Yet the playoffs hit and suddenly it's a huge choke job. I don't buy it.

Should fans of a football team that lost four straight Super Bowls ever use the word "choking" in a derogatory manor against another team or player? Especially when that player has a Super Bowl ring? Seems a bit foolish.

Good Luck to the Buffalo Bills today. A win maybe a little too much to ask for. I am hoping to see a good game plan, good coaching decisions/time management and the elimination of the killer penalties at the worst possible times. This would give me hope that we are entering a "new era" in Bills history and not just a different chapter in the same old book.

Should fans of a football team that lost four straight Super Bowls ever use the word "choking" in a derogatory manor against another team or player? Especially when that player has a Super Bowl ring? Seems a bit foolish.

What a weak argument. So a team's players not getting it done now precludes fans from pointing out another team/player didn't get it done? Awful.

Holy fumbles batman...... Our offensive looks absolutely terrible.

At least the D looks a bit better, but no way we are winning this game

Amendola limping off.

Our D has looked good but it won't hold. The Patriots will kill us in the second half if our offense doesn't do something.

What a weak argument. So a team's players not getting it done now precludes fans from pointing out another team/player didn't get it done? Awful.

Amen.

I don't care how many Super Bowls we didn't win and/or didn't get to, I will still grind 18-1 into the faces of every Patriots fan I meet.

First of many NFL touchdowns for the rookies: EJ Manuel to Robert Woods.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.