Sabres Prospects News

Weave

ETA until Mike Harrington whines that they have a presser for this, but not when the season ended? Actually, he's probably destroying his office in rage right now.

well, why shouldn't he? i mean ... aren't you? i just shredded about 50 pages of documents in a blind fury.

actually, my paper shredder did the shredding for me, but you get my point. i'm PISSED!!!

not really though ...

So Persson has signed with Finland and is now officially a wasted draft pick.

Worst first-round pick since Kriukov and among the worst-ever.

Was this Jim Benning's parting gift to the organization?

Not sure but I think many of these signings are in preparation of the coming labour stoppage. Although Persson has signed a multi-year deal so maybe he was a wasted pick. The draft really is a crapshoot.

Even though I'm still mad that the presser wasn't broadcast live as reported - the bits of reports I've heard so far do not seem to say anything new. Sabres not planning to try to reach up to the top of the draft but may look at moving up a few spots with the 2nd 1st rounder. Not many calls to Darcy about current Sabres but he is making calls out to other GMs. Still not too keen on drafting Russians.

I think they used an 8-track to record it.

Plus I never understand why they can't have microphones for the reporters so you can hear the questions being asked.

Better recording:

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/podcastplayer.htm?pid=16&iid=39867

Looks like Armia may be at prospect camp and Boyes and Hecht prolly won't be back.

i realize it rarely happens but i wonder if a guy like Persson or any of our past European prospects that have ventured back to europe ever make it to the nhl someday in their futures. guys like him, marek zagrapan, phillip gogulla, felix schutz. etc.

i realize it rarely happens but i wonder if a guy like Persson or any of our past European prospects that have ventured back to europe ever make it to the nhl someday in their futures. guys like him, marek zagrapan, phillip gogulla, felix schutz. etc.

Look at the stats for those guys. The Sabres aren't missing them much.

Archived