Eklund at it again ...

Gramps

The latest from HockeyBuzz - could he be right for once ?

According to a few sources the Sabres are considering a "game changing" trade as well as a possible management re-structuring. One source said, "if what happens is what I am hearing could happen it would be the biggest news to date in the Pegula era."

The latest from HockeyBuzz - could he be right for once ?

According to a few sources the Sabres are considering a "game changing" trade as well as a possible management re-structuring. One source said, "if what happens is what I am hearing could happen it would be the biggest news to date in the Pegula era."

For once, a lot of people hope that Eklund has gotten something right. That being said, I don't know if we'll see anything major happen prior to the end of the season.

He's obviously just cherry picking off of this forum. "Ohhhh I'll just post what everyone wants to hear! Brilliant!"

Yea seriously. Anyone who has listened to Pegula's recent comments would know that he is perfectly content with management. Nothing will change there.

He's obviously just cherry picking off of this forum. "Ohhhh I'll just post what everyone wants to hear! Brilliant!"

I think that's exactly what he does. And, today's Ek update (like most) annoys the hell out of me. If I had my own website and professed to be some sort of "guru" of hockey rumors, I could come up with something a little more substantive than "something big might happen involving players and/or management." I mean... come on... any one of us could come up with that kind of non-specific garbage. Any idiot who knows anything about the team's plummet in the standing knows "something might happen."

Yea seriously. Anyone who has listened to Pegula's recent comments would know that he is perfectly content with management. Nothing will change there.

I'm with DeLuca on this one, I think what Pegula says and what he believes/does behind closed doors aren't necessarily the same thing. You don't make $3.5 billion from nothing without having a killer instinct. You also don't make that kind of money by accepting mediocrity on a perpetual basis. Also, the Penguins went through 3 coaches and 2 GMs during Black's time there, so he's not used to standing pat while things aren't going well. Credible reports peg the aggressive Ehrhoff signing as more Pegula than Regier, and we know how Pegula was influential in getting Regehr to waive his NTC. If Pegula has talked with Regier and all he gets is "just wait it out, things will get better" I think Pegula may find something wrong that his GM always needs a management kick to make moves. Plus the guy spent about 10% of his net worth this offseason on the team/arena/players. It doesn't matter he still has more money than he could ever spend, it's the principle of it. If I spend 80 grand on a BMW, I expect it to be flawless, and if it keeps needing repairs then I don't stand for it. Whether I could afford another 500 is really besides the point.

Archived