Has anyone been paying attention to Ottawa lately?

zow2

If only i didn't hate that club so much I'd envy them. They are exactly what i WISH the Sabres were like. They are exciting to watch, generate lot's of shots and chances, good puck possession team.....gritty....some good young forwards and D mixed with some very good Vets.

The Sabres are just blah and boring by comparison.

Ottawa knew they had to blow it up a couple of seasons ago and while they took their lumps to get there, it was the correct path. The Sabres are at the same crossroads. Blow it up.

Keep your core (not "the" core), whoever that may be. Personally, I'd keep Vanek, Myers, Gerbe, McNabb, Kassian and Armia. The rest of of the lot can just go away. I'd be okay with Pominville or Ennis staying but probably not both coupled with Gerbe. Get ri of the dead weight and fill in the 3rd and 4th lines with young, hungry, gritty players whether they come from within the org (Tropp, Szezchura, Whitmore) or from elsewhere. Just blow it up.

I hate Ottawa too but I really liked the way they rebuilt their team. They realized last year they weren't going to make the playoffs and starting shipping out players for young, hungry players. Unfortunately it is really paying off for them. Think regier will learn anything from them?

I hate Ottawa too but I really liked the way they rebuilt their team. They realized last year they weren't going to make the playoffs and starting shipping out players for young, hungry players. Unfortunately it is really paying off for them. Think regier will learn anything from them?

Not with being 5 points out of a playoff spot he won't.

no, why would i watch anything but sabres ? and change your freeking avatar, hurts on the eyes

If your a hockey fan it's no big deal to watch other hockey...

The guy should just put up a custom pic or something, it can easily be changed. First thing I did after I joined this forum. ;)

Ottawa knew they had to blow it up a couple of seasons ago and while they took their lumps to get there, it was the correct path. The Sabres are at the same crossroads. Blow it up.

Keep your core (not "the" core), whoever that may be. Personally, I'd keep Vanek, Myers, Gerbe, McNabb, Kassian and Armia. The rest of of the lot can just go away. I'd be okay with Pominville or Ennis staying but probably not both coupled with Gerbe. Get ri of the dead weight and fill in the 3rd and 4th lines with young, hungry, gritty players whether they come from within the org (Tropp, Szezchura, Whitmore) or from elsewhere. Just blow it up.

There are about 3 threads for this, why isn't this just a post in one of those?!

Not with being 5 points out of a playoff spot he won't.

They could be 15 points out nothing would be different.

If only i didn't hate that club so much I'd envy them. They are exactly what i WISH the Sabres were like. They are exciting to watch, generate lot's of shots and chances, good puck possession team.....gritty....some good young forwards and D mixed with some very good Vets.

The Sabres are just blah and boring by comparison.

I mentioned the Sens at the begining of the year. I thought they would be entertaining I had no idea they would have success this early. I figured they were a couple of years away.

Looking at what Ottawa has done along with what Philly has done with all the rookies they have in the lineup gives a Sabre fan hope.

Keep Vanek, Myers, McNabb, Kassian, and Pommenville. Entertain all offers for anyone else that brings equal or greater value back to the team............. If I where interested in blowing up this team like Ottawa did that is.

And to further that thought, and hopefully redirect everybody back to my actual thoughts so I might lose this slanderous label of "troll", Ottawa started their blow-up with the GM and coach.

And to further that thought, and hopefully redirect everybody back to my actual thoughts so I might lose this slanderous label of "troll", Ottawa started their blow-up with the GM and coach.

difference being Ruff is alot better of a coach then the Ottawa coaches. Not saying that it would be horrible if Ruff was gone. Just that I don't think there is better coaches to be had for this team. Also they didn't fire the coach and GM as I recall. Murray (former coach) fired the coach that replaced him. Or are you referring to blowing the team up as when Murray left as coach? Still not a overhaul since he moved up to GM

difference being Ruff is alot better of a coach then the Ottawa coaches. Not saying that it would be horrible if Ruff was gone. Just that I don't think there is better coaches to be had for this team. Also they didn't fire the coach and GM as I recall. Murray (former coach) fired the coach that replaced him. Or are you referring to blowing the team up as when Murray left as coach? Still not a overhaul since he moved up to GM

I will just never understand the logic that could place these two sentences back to back?

Name 3 coaches that are available that would without a doubt be better? The only case to make for getting rid of Ruff would be the age ole make a change cause the players are tuning him out. Ruff has shown the ability to adjust his schemes and systems to the teams strengths, he has shown that he can adapt to different player types and their personalities. He has even shown that he can get other team's coaches off their games with his comments.

You all can bitch and complain about Ruff all you want. But you know what he can do behind the bench and it is not all bad. Replacing the coach is at best a roll of the dice as to how good the new guy will be. For every Ken Hitchcock there is 2 Barry Melroses for every Dan Bylsma there is a couple John Andersons. So like I said whilest I don't think the team would be horrible if Ruff was gone I don't think replacing the coach would be more then putting a fresh wrapping on a turd. If I was looking to hire a coach Ruff would be one of the first I would consider hiring,

Name 3 coaches that are available that would without a doubt be better? The only case to make for getting rid of Ruff would be the age ole make a change cause the players are tuning him out. Ruff has shown the ability to adjust his schemes and systems to the teams strengths, he has shown that he can adapt to different player types and their personalities. He has even shown that he can get other team's coaches off their games with his comments.

You all can bitch and complain about Ruff all you want. But you know what he can do behind the bench and it is not all bad. Replacing the coach is at best a roll of the dice as to how good the new guy will be. For every Ken Hitchcock there is 2 Barry Melroses for every Dan Bylsma there is a couple John Andersons. So like I said whilest I don't think the team would be horrible if Ruff was gone I don't think replacing the coach would be more then putting a fresh wrapping on a turd. If I was looking to hire a coach Ruff would be one of the first I would consider hiring,

You've changed my mind. I guess we better keep him for ever then. :wallbash:

2 years ago I would have said Hitchcock, Torts and Labialette and you (and others) would (and did) have said no way.

Your entire argument makes me want to kick a puppy. Just because I can't come up with three coaches who could "without a doubt be better", I can garauntee that I can name thirty-three coaches that could be just as mediocre as Ruff. There are no garauntees. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try.

Mike Keenan. Joe Crozier. Scotty Bowman. Don Cherry. John Van Boxmeer. Ted Nolan. Mike Milbury. Jeremy Roenick. Bob Boughner.

I'm asuming you're at least part joking with those, right?

Im answer to drnk:

Lavoiette, Quennenville(sp) argueably Tortorella and Hitchcock.

There are about 3 threads for this, why isn't this just a post in one of those?!

I hate people crying about posts and bandwidth. Who cares, guy wanted to get his point out there. Gheesh, stop whining!!

Has anyone been paying attention to Ottawa lately?

Remember when all the talking heads predicted them for last place in the NE Divison and Buffalo fighting for first with Baaaston? They know jack shite!! This Sabres team is quite lousy.

Jesus H. Christmas, Ruff could die of a heart attack tomorrow and you guys would want him propped up like some ###### up Weekend at Bernie's ###### because you piss yourselves at the unknown.

I don't care if the coach they pick is from some unknown "minor" league, so long as he's the guy in that league whose teams, year after year, are the team that nobody else wants to play. The second you find one of those, you've just found a guy who can replace Lindy Ruff.

Archived