Miller now/then

Tony P

This is LOL worthy, The team infront of him was better then. He is overrated in my book. He is good but not as great as some of the attention he once got. The guy has definitely stolen some games in the past. Hes in the Top 15 in the league but I never bought into the elite status hype either. I'm not sure whats up wqith him though, ever since he got married and that contract he has been about average and some nights he looks like a backupo\. I saw somebody in the GDT post a question about Millers confidence if Enroth got another go tonight...quite frankly I wouldnt care about his confidence. The guy is being paid good money and if he can't attempt to perform up to the terms then it's on him. Why is it Enroth is doing better with the same team in front of him? I wouldnt know i've never met the guy but maybe some here have, is Miller a cocky guy? Do his teammates sometimes have a tough time respecting him? Maybe it's all an ego thing and something got into his head.

This is LOL worthy, The team infront of him was better then. He is overrated in my book. He is good but not as great as some of the attention he once got. The guy has definitely stolen some games in the past. Hes in the Top 15 in the league but I never bought into the elite status hype either. I'm not sure whats up wqith him though, ever since he got married and that contract he has been about average and some nights he looks like a backupo\. I saw somebody in the GDT post a question about Millers confidence if Enroth got another go tonight...quite frankly I wouldnt care about his confidence. The guy is being paid good money and if he can't attempt to perform up to the terms then it's on him. Why is it Enroth is doing better with the same team in front of him? I wouldnt know i've never met the guy but maybe some here have, is Miller a cocky guy? Do his teammates sometimes have a tough time respecting him? Maybe it's all an ego thing and something got into his head.

You do realize his best year was the first year of his new contract, right?

So what that picture tells us is that the slug uniform was a good thing for Miller? it gave him his super powers? Maybe we should let him where the slug under the regular jersey, maybe that will help him...

No, it wasn't super powers, just fear. Shooters had to close their eyes the second they saw the slug.

ever since he got married and that contract he has been about average and some nights he looks like a backupo\. I saw somebody in the GDT post a question about Millers confidence if Enroth got another go tonight...quite frankly I wouldnt care about his confidence. The guy is being paid good money and if he can't attempt to perform up to the terms then it's on him. Why is it Enroth is doing better with the same team in front of him? I wouldnt know i've never met the guy but maybe some here have, is Miller a cocky guy? Do his teammates sometimes have a tough time respecting him? Maybe it's all an ego thing and something got into his head.

I remember getting "lynched" when I suggested his game has dipped because of the "marriage"... All in All there is something off mentally with Miller, always has been, he let's the littlest things get to him it appears, when he became an NHL'er we (buffalonians) placed the "fragile" tag on him, seems it's still worthy in doing so.

The cartoon is funny in any event, ###### I'd laugh even if Miller was doing great, maybe it's because I'm a Miller beer drinker.

You do realize his best year was the first year of his new contract, right?

Yes. Over time though it is quite a bit to live up to. I'm not saying it's fully trying to live up to the contract, thats why I said maybe it's a combination of things

I remember getting "lynched" when I suggested his game has dipped because of the "marriage"... All in All there is something off mentally with Miller, always has been, he let's the littlest things get to him it appears, when he became an NHL'er we (buffalonians) placed the "fragile" tag on him, seems it's still worthy in doing so.

The cartoon is funny in any event, ###### I'd laugh even if Miller was doing great, maybe it's because I'm a Miller beer drinker.

Its gotta be tough playing all the way in Buffalo while your wife is out in LA...I'm not sure who he married to be honest with you but I wonder if his situation could end up at all like Kris Humphries, lol.

AHHH so we just need to bring back the uniforms! no wonder we won the President's Trophy first year we wore that jersey... :death: :death:

That or they need to bring some other retina burning feature to the arena. Maybe make every game free laser pointer night... ok, maybe not when the Leafs are in town.

Yes. Over time though it is quite a bit to live up to. I'm not saying it's fully trying to live up to the contract, thats why I said maybe it's a combination of things

Its gotta be tough playing all the way in Buffalo while your wife is out in LA...I'm not sure who he married to be honest with you but I wonder if his situation could end up at all like Kris Humphries, lol.

Marriage is tough enough being 5' away from each but being 3k miles with a "High Maintenance" wife who's an extra in "B" movies, that's got to be a challenge....

Lest we forget, Miller has been banged around in the crease (and outside it, too) a number of times since those days. I guess if I thought I was going to have a lunker the size of Lucic bowl me over every game, my performance would suffer too.

I'm not sure if Miller was ever concussed before last season but he's had two now within 10 months. The chances of suffering another concussion from whiplash or a head blow increase exponentially each time you get one and with less of a force needed to produce it. Whatever the reason(s) Miller does not look as sharp, either mentally or physically.

But just from a team perspective, I'd be pissed if I were him after that Lucic fiasco. Your best player, and number 1 goalie no less, gets hammered by a cheap shot and NOBODY has his back. That's all I need to know about the makeup of this squad. But I digress into territory well covered here.

GO SABRES!!!

So who are we going to package with Miller and Roy in the trade with the Ducks?

Stafford

Lest we forget, Miller has been banged around in the crease (and outside it, too) a number of times since those days. I guess if I thought I was going to have a lunker the size of Lucic bowl me over every game, my performance would suffer too.

I will grant you that. I recall the Philly game soon after where he looked shaky and his mask was slipping off fropm time to time, wasnt totally sure why that was happening.

Miller is done. Jim Carrey (sp) won a Veznia also.

And was 90% of an olympic silver medal? Oh how about being one of the off ice leaders of the team for several seasons, infact the only member of the team to show any real leadership. Let's not forget his had to deal with the biggest bunch of underachievers in hockey.

They picked 6 goalies for the All-Star game last season and Miller wasn't even in the discussion. This year he won't even be included in any Top 25 list let alone a discussion. He's not a very good goalie anymore. He can string together a good game or two but he never steals a game or incites fear into any opponents.

And was 90% of an olympic silver medal? Oh how about being one of the off ice leaders of the team for several seasons, infact the only member of the team to show any real leadership. Let's not forget his had to deal with the biggest bunch of underachievers in hockey.

Actually...he was 50% of an olympic gold medal. And he was the #1 goalie taken in the draft. And he was AHL player of the year. And he holds the Caps records for GAA and shutouts.

I'm not sure if Miller was ever concussed before last season but he's had two now within 10 months. The chances of suffering another concussion from whiplash or a head blow increase exponentially each time you get one and with less of a force needed to produce it. Whatever the reason(s) Miller does not look as sharp, either mentally or physically.

But just from a team perspective, I'd be pissed if I were him after that Lucic fiasco. Your best player, and number 1 goalie no less, gets hammered by a cheap shot and NOBODY has his back. That's all I need to know about the makeup of this squad. But I digress into territory well covered here.

GO SABRES!!!

Much was written about that event, and deservedly so, but as the season plays on it has become an even bigger metaphor for this team -- completely soulless, not just physically but in every aspect of the game. Zero team chemistry is an amazingly ugly thing to suffer through night after night.

Much was written about that event, and deservedly so, but as the season plays on it has become an even bigger metaphor for this team -- completely soulless, not just physically but in every aspect of the game. Zero team chemistry is an amazingly ugly thing to suffer through night after night.

No doubt. And it festers as it progresses. I think management has no choice but to do the front office equivalent of pulling the goalie in a game and that is to let Lindy go. But I fear no new coach is going to be able to do the impossible and that is coaching heart. It just can't be done. I don't care how talented a player is, if he doesn't have the stomach for it, it's a waste of time.

GO SABRES!!!

No doubt. And it festers as it progresses. I think management has no choice but to do the front office equivalent of pulling the goalie in a game and that is to let Lindy go. But I fear no new coach is going to be able to do the impossible and that is coaching heart. It just can't be done. I don't care how talented a player is, if he doesn't have the stomach for it, it's a waste of time.

GO SABRES!!!

Agreed -- the majority of these players lack grit and spirit, and that's on Darcy for failing to address it for too many years, or at least to land a Drury/Captain type to set the tone. There was a brief energy surge when kids like Kassian were called up -- the next generation may have the right stuff, but they are a tad young to come to the rescue.

Archived