Who has been your favorite call-up to date and why?

Bullwinkle

Kassian because we haven't had a forward with his size and strength coupled with some offensive ability in forever. He can carry the puck with one hand and hold off the defenseman with the other, something few of our current forwards have the strength to do (have seen Vanek do it some). Plus he seems to be a pretty good passer. And, he has a nasty attitude... and he looks like a mean SOB, which has to count for something!

Second that!

McNabb and Kassian w/o a doubt because they give us grit on the front and back side.

Loved the way Kasian called out Phanuef last night to go presumably because he boarded him the previous game. And Mcnabb did try and have go with him when he crashed the net on Miller. Regehr was the other one to challenge Phanuef for the Vanek cheapshot.

On a seperate note/topic though as much as a dislike Phanuef that is exactly what I would expect a captain of the team do to stir things up for their team that's trying to break a slump. (Pommer's you listening ? Please take notes)

According to Bill Hoppe in his last column Pomminstein ,normally unflappable and calm was visibly agitated. A rarity.

This is everything that is wrong with this team and this organisation. We still don't have a leader as captain. I like Pomminstein as a player and I'm sure he's a good team-mate but I highly doubt with his character he's the captain this team needs.

My choice is Kassian for the best call up. Like his game and it'll only get better as he developes. Maybe into a captain in the future? Love those big hits from Mcnabb.

Kassian. He's got everything our top 6 forwards need but don't have. I want him up for teh remainder of the year. In fact, I want him on a top 2 line for the remainder of the year.

Would you trade of Stafford to keep him there? Put him on Roy's RW, see if Roy comes to life? Just asking cause I completely agree with the statement, that kid has really impressed me.

Of note to everyone I did say I expect to see him in a Sabres uniform before long at the start of the season :D. I never thought i'd be because we're missing 9 regulars tho :(. Trust a brit to be right :P :)

Would you trade of Stafford to keep him there? Put him on Roy's RW, see if Roy comes to life? Just asking cause I completely agree with the statement, that kid has really impressed me.

Of note to everyone I did say I expect to see him in a Sabres uniform before long at the start of the season :D. I never thought i'd be because we're missing 9 regulars tho :(. Trust a brit to be right :P :)

In my ideal situation Roy and Stafford aren't on the team and there is a new center on the roster. Failing that, I'd start with him on Roy's wing, but if Roy continues his soft playing ways with the animal on his right Roy would get pulled form that line damned quick.

For all of the reasons mentioned already I say Kassian. I get excited like I used to do when this team was scary good when he is on the ice! McNabb is definitely a close 2nd but I suspect he goes back when Myers is healthy. Wish they could trade a dman before Myers comes back just so he can stay up here.

Choosing between Kassian and McNabb is like making "Sofie's Choice." What they bring to the rink are qualities this franchise has missed for years. If either gets sent back down it should be considered a crime against Sabre fans.

Absolutely, 100 percent right. This team NEEDS both of them in the lineup at all times.

In my ideal situation Roy and Stafford aren't on the team and there is a new center on the roster. Failing that, I'd start with him on Roy's wing, but if Roy continues his soft playing ways with the animal on his right Roy would get pulled form that line damned quick.

I agree with this, whatever we think of Roy I can certainly agree with this.

Archived