Concussions in the NHL, Waiting for Science

papazoid

It's the 21st century; why not have an early warning system built into the helmet and jersey..

Using the same concept used to let you know when you are going to back your car into something; furthermore, the military has been using MILES gear for years.

The Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System or MILES is used by the US military and other armed forces around the world for training purposes. It uses lasers and blank cartridges to simulate actual battle.

You only need a laser transmitter and a laser receiver; couple that with an integrated audio tone that lets you know that someone is stalking you, may this gives you a few seconds to react.

Modulate - Demodulate

Or

Jeremy Roenick explained prior to the Flyers game the other day, he used to give guys a heads up by letting them know he was coming in hot.

That would require players to respect each other; somehow I don't see a guy like Lucic buying into that idea.

It's the 21st century; why not have an early warning system built into the helmet and jersey..

Using the same concept used to let you know when you are going to back your car into something; furthermore, the military has been using MILES gear for years.

The Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement System or MILES is used by the US military and other armed forces around the world for training purposes. It uses lasers and blank cartridges to simulate actual battle.

You only need a laser transmitter and a laser receiver; couple that with an integrated audio tone that lets you know that someone is stalking you, may this gives you a few seconds to react.

Modulate - Demodulate

Or

Jeremy Roenick explained prior to the Flyers game the other day, he used to give guys a heads up by letting them know he was coming in hot.

That would require players to respect each other; somehow I don't see a guy like Lucic buying into that idea.

They could at least put one of those rearview cameras in the helmets.

The main focus, we imagine, is going to be the "re-installation" of the redline and outlawing two-lines passes again.

"When the red line came out, it sounded like a great idea. It was supposed to end the trap, but it didn't"

"When the red line was eliminated several years ago, they wanted to create more scoring, There may be a little bit more, but statistics are showing that scoring is up minimally.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/The-thin-red-line-between-concussions-entertain?urn=nhl-wp20892

I have mixed feelings about reinstating two line pass infractions. I guess I'd need to see some sort of study that correlates speed through the neutral zone to more concussions.

I think the trapazoid has had a bigger effect.

Me too. It is by far my least favorite of all the geometric shapes.

:lol: :lol:

Has someone looked at the circumstances of all the concussions this year and made a list of where or how on the ice the player was injured?

Would seem to be a start.

not a bad idea. Who is our resident statistician? I definitely don't have the free time to do it, but would be very interested to see the numbers

I'm not a very experienced hockey fan and I've been learning more about the game from reading posts here at the aud.

So perhaps its just me , but hockey helmets look real skimpy in comparison to Football helmets and If concussions are becoming more and more of a problem why not add more interior padding.

I'm not a very experienced hockey fan and I've been learning more about the game from reading posts here at the aud.

So perhaps its just me , but hockey helmets look real skimpy in comparison to Football helmets and If concussions are becoming more and more of a problem why not add more interior padding.

Well, that's your first mistake.

GO SABRES!!!

Archived