A Fan's Guide to Trade Scenarios

SDS

I know I shouldn't do this but wth...

Trade:

Stafford, MAG, 1st rounder for Jordan Staal: Stafford equals his points and pittsburgh needs wingers. MAG is a good young defender with great potential and the 1st rounder reimburses pitts for the original draft selection (basically)

2nd idea:

Roy, Defensemen (Sekera, MAG, McNabb, Brennan) and a pick for Statsny. You said to overpay and you would be at the mark so I think a 60-70pt center plus a good defensive prospect plus a pick should equal stastny but I could be wrong.

Note: THIS TEAM NEEDS A TRADE... NOW

Trade:

Stafford, MAG, 1st rounder for Jordan Staal: Stafford equals his points and pittsburgh needs wingers. MAG is a good young defender with great potential and the 1st rounder reimburses pitts for the original draft selection (basically)

2nd idea:

Roy, Defensemen (Sekera, MAG, McNabb, Brennan) and a pick for Statsny. You said to overpay and you would be at the mark so I think a 60-70pt center plus a good defensive prospect plus a pick should equal stastny but I could be wrong.

Staal is a big part of what Pittsburgh is doing. I would love Staal as a Sabre, I doubt the Sabres have anything the Pens would want or need.

Stasny? I would not include McNabb. One of the few players the Sabres have that like to hit.

i agree with most others, Derek Roy and Sabres at this point in his career,would be better served if he move on elsewhere , he simply has not full filled his potential. a similar player in my mind in Jason Spezza in Ottawa, he like Roy on some nights very good and other not to be seen or just average. Both players are the same age and almost mirrors of each other in terms of unfulfilled potential, a change of scenery may very well be just what is needed. Apart from getting opponents drunk or having dirty pictures dumping your bad for their good is not going to happen.

Trade:

2nd idea:

I know I shouldn't do this but wth... Trade: Stafford, MAG, 1st rounder for Jordan Staal: Stafford equals his points and pittsburgh needs wingers. MAG is a good young defender with great potential and the 1st rounder reimburses pitts for the original draft selection (basically) 2nd idea: Roy, Defensemen (Sekera, MAG, McNabb, Brennan) and a pick for Statsny. You said to overpay and you would be at the mark so I think a 60-70pt center plus a good defensive prospect plus a pick should equal stastny but I could be wrong. Note: THIS TEAM NEEDS A TRADE... NOW

I like it. I just don't think I would part with Brennan or McNabb. Sekara and MAG could both go for all I care.

Spezza is due $8 mil this year and next year (with two additional years at a total of $9 mil). That is twice as much as Roy is making this year and next. I am not a Roy apologist by any means, even I recognize Spezza is not twice the player Roy is. You may get more goal scoring and points from Spezza, just not $4 mil worth.

If the Sens are going to trade anyone it will be Milan Michalek. He is off to a start of what can be a career year for him. He is priced at $4.5 this year, $4.75 next year and $6 mil the year after. I can see the Sens putting Michalek out there to add more pieces to their rebuilding puzzle. I am just tossing this out there. I am not advocating that the Sabres get involved with this trade scenario.

Milan is having a fantastic year (16G, 6A), that would be a quality "get" for whomever were to "get" him. Milan is killing me in my other fantasy league. Every time I play against him, he lights my team up. Speaking of Otters that I would love to "get", Karlsson is having a fantastic year, Imagine a Sabre blue liner that actually scores points. He has 21 assists and 23 points in 26 played. On top of that he has a jaw dropping 86 SOGs....

Trade:

2nd idea:

You have got to be kidding me. The whole thread is about not trying to package the Sabres' garbage in exchange for other teams' really good players and this is what you inflict on us?

News flash: Pittsburgh doesn't "need wingers." They are doing just fine as they are. They certainly don't need to trade a great player for the terrible package you proposed.

You have got to be kidding me. The whole thread is about not trying to package the Sabres' garbage in exchange for other teams' really good players and this is what you inflict on us?

News flash: Pittsburgh doesn't "need wingers." They are doing just fine as they are. They certainly don't need to trade a great player for the terrible package you proposed.

I can't help but laugh at anyone who decides to start proposing trades in this thread after reading the first post. I'd have to say the whole point of the thread is lost on them.

Archived