First Time I Can Remember

CallawaySabres

The hit on Enroth was a thing of beauty by Enroth. He came out into his paint and gave Cole a choice. Hit me or move out of the way. I liked seeing him do that. It was a smart play since you know the refs would be watching closely considering the Lucic hit and the talks they gave some Montreal forwards at different points in the game.

The Florida Panthers went out and got every available vet on the backside of his contract they could, to keep the cap hit up but the actual salary down, in an effort to get some known names into their arena and stimulate interest in a team that is built to be 7-11th seed every year with no possible ability to win a championship unless current and future draft picks magically turn into guys like Stamkos, Toews, or Crosby... But, I digress..........

You mean like the 10 draft picks they had in the first two rounds of the last two drafts? You might want to look, but they are currently one point behind the Sabres and they're doing it with 13 new players on the roster from the end of last year. Tallon built the Cup winning Hawks and he's doing it in the same fashion here in FL. Except he's learned from the mistakes of getting to the point where the Hawks had to unload half the team and is structuring all contracts so there aren't any cap issues for quite some time while keeping the vets in place. And with the exception of Jovanovski, there aren't any "known" names over 32 years old. BTW, Campbell is 2nd in the league in assists and the power play is currently 4th. Sure makes that 7 mil a year look more worthwhile than any D-men BFLO has with their contracts.

And for the record, the Panthers went out and picked up vets because at one point during the offseason they had 9 players on the roster.

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security." Thomas Jefferson 1776 -

It translates to being a fan in this way. If your team is content to be mediocre and not achieve the ultimate goal (a championship) then it is your right as a fan of that team to stop spending money on it, stop watching it, stop caring about it, until a new direction is taken by that team.

Thanks, but I can translate just fine. It's just your opinion that the sky is falling and this team is in turmoil. Some of us recognize the fact the Sabres are working out some issues and at 11-5 see the fact that even when they aren't playing up to their potential they can still win games. They aren't far away.

If the Sabres had gone out this summer and traded Stafford, Roy, Miller and whoever else and got a bunch of 1st rounders with the intent to rebuild and create a champion because they felt it was the best way to do it, then I as a fan would have suffered through a year or 2 or 3 of meh because on the horizon was the prospect and the goal of winning a cup. That is what makes Pegula such a lovable owner, he wants to win the stanley cup. Every fan wants their team to win it all and if they choose to be less interested during years where the team doesn't care about winning it all then that is their right. They only become bandwagon fans when they chose to route for the best team each year.

I commend any fan who is strong enough to stand up and say "if you aren't going to try and win it all than I am not going to give you my time, money, tears, or heart until you return the favor"

So you think unloading all our players for draft picks is the best way to go to win a Cup? Huh, that's exactly what FL did and you already gave your input about what you think about their future. :rolleyes:

You mean like the 10 draft picks they had in the first two rounds of the last two drafts? You might want to look, but they are currently one point behind the Sabres and they're doing it with 13 new players on the roster from the end of last year. Tallon built the Cup winning Hawks and he's doing it in the same fashion here in FL. Except he's learned from the mistakes of getting to the point where the Hawks had to unload half the team and is structuring all contracts so there aren't any cap issues for quite some time while keeping the vets in place. And with the exception of Jovanovski, there aren't any "known" names over 32 years old. BTW, Campbell is 2nd in the league in assists and the power play is currently 4th. Sure makes that 7 mil a year look more worthwhile than any D-men BFLO has with their contracts.

And for the record, the Panthers went out and picked up vets because at one point during the offseason they had 9 players on the roster.

Thanks, but I can translate just fine. It's just your opinion that the sky is falling and this team is in turmoil. Some of us recognize the fact the Sabres are working out some issues and at 11-5 see the fact that even when they aren't playing up to their potential they can still win games. They aren't far away.

So you think unloading all our players for draft picks is the best way to go to win a Cup? Huh, that's exactly what FL did and you already gave your input about what you think about their future. :rolleyes:

1) Go back to kindergarten and learn to read

2) You clearly can't translate anything because most of the stuff you claim I have said, I in fact have never said. Such as "this team is in turmoil" If you had actually read what I said it boiled down to I understand and sympathize with people who are not mesmerized by this team.

3)"So you think unloading all our best players for draft picks is the best way to go to win a cup" please show me where I say this. I said if our team did that this offseason I would understand what their goal was and would be patient in the rebuilding process

4) I have to say that due to the fact I am a Sabres fan, I don't really give a rats@ss what the Florida Panthers are doing or not doing. You seem to care more about the Panthers and their new success than anyone on this board... jumping ship?

5) This Sabres team was sold to the fans as a stanley cup contender. They have won games no doubt, but the team as a whole has not settled in yet. i have repeatedly stated that I think through adversity they could become a solid team. They could still make a cup run this year, but if a fan is not in love with them and is disgusted with their play over the last few weeks than that is their right. It does not and will not make them a bandwagon fan.

This comment has been bothering me all day (before you get all full of yourself, I drove for 9 hours today, and this happened to be one of the last things I read before I left)

As I was thinking about it, I realized, it doesn't matter where the players are from, because it's not about the individual players (95%+ of whom are not from buffalo). If the team plane went down in the everglades on the approach to Miami and everyone died (except Pommer, I can't bring myself to even imagine that), we'd all be heartbroken for the tragedy, but we'd come out even stronger in our love for the team at the next game they were able to field a team. That's because we're not necessarily a fan of the players (Except Pommer), we're a fan of the crest they wear. It's not the "mercenary" names on the back of the jersey that represent the city of Buffalo (and Rochester and western NY and Southern Ontario) it's the Beast and Swords on the front. That's why we get so upset when they don't live up to our values. They're wearing a logo that represents us. And when they put forth a performance like the one in Boston, they bring shame to a symbol (and for the last 5 years or so THE Symbol) of our hometowns. So I think it is reasonable to react the way we do. We want them to win, but beyond that, we want them to win FOR us, with our values. That's why we get emotional when we see the "Better Days" video. This town is tough. It's been through a lot, and we're hoping for our tough Hockey team, that's been through a lot (remember that plane crash?) to bring some better days, show us that even without the grain silos and steal mills and film factories, if we work hard, watch out for each other, and stay true to our values, we can still be champions.

I think I like Pommers even more for just reading this....but then that would not make you the last of the fans. Seriously though, well said and could not agree more.

This comment has been bothering me all day (before you get all full of yourself, I drove for 9 hours today, and this happened to be one of the last things I read before I left)

As I was thinking about it, I realized, it doesn't matter where the players are from, because it's not about the individual players (95%+ of whom are not from buffalo). If the team plane went down in the everglades on the approach to Miami and everyone died (except Pommer, I can't bring myself to even imagine that), we'd all be heartbroken for the tragedy, but we'd come out even stronger in our love for the team at the next game they were able to field a team. That's because we're not necessarily a fan of the players (Except Pommer), we're a fan of the crest they wear. It's not the "mercenary" names on the back of the jersey that represent the city of Buffalo (and Rochester and western NY and Southern Ontario) it's the Beast and Swords on the front. That's why we get so upset when they don't live up to our values. They're wearing a logo that represents us. And when they put forth a performance like the one in Boston, they bring shame to a symbol (and for the last 5 years or so THE Symbol) of our hometowns. So I think it is reasonable to react the way we do. We want them to win, but beyond that, we want them to win FOR us, with our values. That's why we get emotional when we see the "Better Days" video. This town is tough. It's been through a lot, and we're hoping for our tough Hockey team, that's been through a lot (remember that plane crash?) to bring some better days, show us that even without the grain silos and steal mills and film factories, if we work hard, watch out for each other, and stay true to our values, we can still be champions.

Sure, you want your team to win. Who doesn't. But what needs to stop is this stupid sentiment that a person is somehow defined by the team he or she follows. If you head out somewhere in this country and say you're from Buffalo, you're immediately labeled as a joke simply because the Bills lost 4 consecutive superbowls 20 years ago. They don't know a damn thing about any other aspect of the city, except the random snow joke. Why do we focus so hard and define ourselves based on the one thing we have absolutely zero control over? Your last line sums it up perfectly. If WE work hard. WE are not those guys skating on the ice out there for a couple of years. WE are the people who have been Buffalo since the day we were born.

1) Go back to kindergarten and learn to read

2) You clearly can't translate anything because most of the stuff you claim I have said, I in fact have never said. Such as "this team is in turmoil" If you had actually read what I said it boiled down to I understand and sympathize with people who are not mesmerized by this team.

3)"So you think unloading all our best players for draft picks is the best way to go to win a cup" please show me where I say this. I said if our team did that this offseason I would understand what their goal was and would be patient in the rebuilding process

4) I have to say that due to the fact I am a Sabres fan, I don't really give a rats@ss what the Florida Panthers are doing or not doing. You seem to care more about the Panthers and their new success than anyone on this board... jumping ship?

5) This Sabres team was sold to the fans as a stanley cup contender. They have won games no doubt, but the team as a whole has not settled in yet. i have repeatedly stated that I think through adversity they could become a solid team. They could still make a cup run this year, but if a fan is not in love with them and is disgusted with their play over the last few weeks than that is their right. It does not and will not make them a bandwagon fan.

1) Go back to kindergarten and learn to write.

2) I can translate the fact that you said you have the right to be upset when the team is not performing up to your standards. Based on the amount of time you malcontents bitch, any child could use simple logic to come to the conclusion that you'll never be happy even if they went 82-0 ad won the Cup in 16 games.

3) Go back and read. You said you would be willing to wait, then went on to say that approach doesn't work.

4) Then don't claim you know so much about them. I'm not jumping ship.

5) Who said you didn't have the right? You have the right to do whatever you damn well please, just keep in mind how ridiculous some people on here look after one bad game.

1) Go back to kindergarten and learn to write.

Can you both go back to kindergarten and learn how to respect one another a little? What are they teaching you kids in kindergarten these days? Apparently they replaced "Proper Social Interaction" with "Reading" for some and "Writing" for others.

Can you both go back to kindergarten and learn how to respect one another a little? What are they teaching you kids in kindergarten these days? Apparently they replaced "Proper Social Interaction" with "Reading" for some and "Writing" for others.

Beat me to it. Too much animosity for a conversation about an entertainment troupe.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Someone's just a tad bit over-emotional as of late. Whatever your issues are, they shouldn't be transferred to other posters here.

Edit: And that is in no way directed at you.

Dude, go back to kindergarten and learn how to needlessly squabble on an internet message board.

All I have to say is I see people going at it with each other quite often on this forum and yet one I am involved in gets singled out as improper forum etiquette. I hope the forum police stay consistent from now on and be sure to comment on those as well.

All I have to say is I see people going at it with each other quite often on this forum and yet one I am involved in gets singled out as improper forum etiquette. I hope the forum police stay consistent from now on and be sure to comment on those as well.

It's not you.

Archived