Targeting Kaleta

Tyrannustyrannus

62 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Kaleta wearing a Visor?

• He should wear a Visor
    • He shouldn't wear a Visor
    • He should wear a visor, but start every fight by saying "just a sec, lemme get this out of your way" and take his Helmet off

It's right on the home page of NHL.com. I'd link it, but I watched that before coming over here.

Was responding to something else then was going to actually go check...and then:

now I don't have to HA B-)

thanks guys!

ADDED: so after watching that...I really can't argue with the intent, especially after they pulled the videos of recent "incidents" I guess I never realized that he liked to be a battering ram at times :blink:

Was responding to something else then was going to actually go check...and then:

now I don't have to HA B-)

thanks guys!

ADDED: so after watching that...I really can't argue with the intent, especially after they pulled the videos of recent "incidents" I guess I never realized that he liked to be a battering ram at times :blink:

Yeah, I take back my previous assertion that the suspension was a little stiff. Looking at the video it seems Kaleta seems to do this on a regular basis and I'm convinced it was intentional.

I guess it's a good thing Shanny does the video and not the Campbell throwing darts at the 'wheel of suspensions' :doh:

Yeah, I take back my previous assertion that the suspension was a little stiff. Looking at the video it seems Kaleta seems to do this on a regular basis and I'm convinced it was intentional.

I guess it's a good thing Shanny does the video and not the Campbell throwing darts at the 'wheel of suspensions' :doh:

agreed. Had I not seen the video, I would have really questioned this, now...not so much. Definitely better for the fans.

Definately, Roys slash should get a couple of games as well, but it won't. This is the second 'mistake' thats been noticed. Giroux wasn't it? If so I suspect it was because his 'the name' at the moment.

agreed. Had I not seen the video, I would have really questioned this, now...not so much. Definitely better for the fans.

I'm a criminal defense attorney by trade. I'd hate for the State to have those videos against my client! Four seemed stiff at first, but Kaleta better take the head charge move out of his bag of tricks asap.

I wish I had seen these posts before I made my reponse in the NHL thread. Those clips tied the whole thing together perfectly. Kaleta deserved a good hit for this one and he got it.

I wish I had seen these posts before I made my reponse in the NHL thread. Those clips tied the whole thing together perfectly. Kaleta deserved a good hit for this one and he got it.

Has he ever been spoken to about this before? If he had never received even one penalty for them before, why is the next step a four game suspension? It still doesn't make sense to me.

EDIT: nevermind. I see that he had been fined before.

C'mon Patty, use your mellon for good, not evil.

I like Kaleta, but that was an intentional dirty play that could have easily got him more than 4 games.

I've changed my tune on this again. Hockey is a nasty game with a lot of reprehensible stuff going on all the time. The thing I find funny is that there is no way he came up with that move on his own. I have no doubt that it was taught to him by someone along the way. I didn't start playing hockey until I was in my 30s and there was no end to the dirty tricks that different players would try to teach me. What the league (and fans) decides to get outraged over never stops to baffle me. I know he's been fined for this before, but has he ever received a penalty for it?

Has he ever been spoken to about this before? If he had never received even one penalty for them before, why is the next step a four game suspension? It still doesn't make sense to me.

EDIT: nevermind. I see that he had been fined before.

C'mon Patty, use your mellon for good, not evil.

I'm not convinced he has the mental capacity to use the mellon for anything at all.

Goon on goon and rat on rat violence should not be punished the same way a dirty hit on Stamkos by Brashear should be punished.

The reign of Shanny the Emasculator will go down in history as a dark time for the league.

Antisocial behavior is part of hockey. And as antisocial acts go, I don't see this one registering very high. The only justification for suspension that I can see is that it was a head to head hit. And given the result of that hit (no injury, no missed ice time for palyer) I think 4 games is a bit silly. Honestly, the appropriate punishment for this act is Jody Shelley giving Kaleta a good smackdown. He certainly deserved that.

Antisocial behavior is part of hockey. And as antisocial acts go, I don't see this one registering very high. The only justification for suspension that I can see is that it was a head to head hit. And given the result of that hit (no injury, no missed ice time for palyer) I think 4 games is a bit silly. Honestly, the appropriate punishment for this act is Jody Shelley giving Kaleta a good smackdown. He certainly deserved that.

How I long for the days when players took care of business themselves. Instead, we have the "I'm going to tell mom" playground behavior infiltrating sports.

How I long for the days when players took care of business themselves. Instead, we have the "I'm going to tell mom" playground behavior infiltrating sports.

It's the concussions. If players like Tinman didn't have such f-ing weak brain stems, we wouldn't be having this discussion. They're gonna find out in 10 years that all the degenerative brain diseases these players are suffering from was a result of Kerry Fraser's hair gel, and the game will recover. Until that study is published, we're stuck with Shannyhands and the Sillynannies.

"I'm going to tell mom" has to be how it got to Shanny. No penalty on the play. No injury. Noone highlighted it on the tube. Hell, as observant a bunch as we are and noone here spotted it. I have to assume that Philly called the home office and complained that one of their guys told them he wasn't treated nicely.

It's the concussions. If players like Tinman didn't have such f-ing weak brain stems, we wouldn't be having this discussion. They're gonna find out in 10 years that all the degenerative brain diseases these players are suffering from was a result of Kerry Fraser's hair gel, and the game will recover. Until that study is published, we're stuck with Shannyhands and the Sillynannies.

but the concussions turn the players into sillynannies... also I would like to resubmit this video of the outcome of sillynannieness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HRo04mu-ag

Call me crazy, but I don't want to watch a bunch of guys beat themselves into dementia just so I can be entertained.

Call me crazy, but I don't want to watch a bunch of guys beat themselves into dementia just so I can be entertained.

I mentioned in one of the offseason player death threads that the concussion issue has me in a real dilemma. I get alot of entertainment out of these fights. And I think that player fights are often the appropriate response (and the only one needed) to alot of poor on-ice behavior. But I don't feel particularly good when I hear that (insert retired tough player here) is suffering from head trauma that I expect is most likely recieved doing something I get entertainment from. I haven't quite reconciled that yet.

Ok, crazy.

(I am apparently a poor performer when it comes to internet sarcasm)

It wasn't really aimed at you, but since you mentioned the concussions it was the natural post to quote.

Weave, I think the game will still be incredibly physical even if they do manage to eliminate a lot of the crap that needs to go. People are smart. They'll eventually adapt and figure out how to throw hits that aren't intended to maim.

Archived