FNC...some exterior pics I just took

LabattBlue

Blue, it was you who would mention the aviation museum or whatever it was on the other side, right? Did you happen to go by that way at all?

Good question - did that get wiped out in the locker room renovation project?

Museum was on the harbor side of the Arena. Was used for the temporary workout space, equip, etc over the summer. It's pretty much empty now.

Museum was on the harbor side of the Arena. Was used for the temporary workout space, equip, etc over the summer. It's pretty much empty now.

Curiosity go the best of me over the summer and I peeked in...

As chz has stated, that space was being used as the workout room seen in the "Drew Man Chu" video. I am assuming that once the locker room renovation is completed(with the new workout space), that they will move out of there.

At that point I don't know what they have planned, but I am still hoping it someday becomes a Sabres HoF. :thumbsup:

Update: That's an outside ribbon board methinks. Just like the one that surrounds the lower bowl inside.

That is correct and based on the current display when I took the pic, it appears to be closer to high def, than your standard advertising sign that you see in front of businesses.

Update: That's an outside ribbon board methinks. Just like the one that surrounds the lower bowl inside.

I thought that originally, but then the second picture almost made it look like the letters were raised off of the sign. That's a pretty impressive ribbon board (and high quality pictures too) if it managed to trick me.

On that note, does anyone know how those things handle the winter and cold weather?

I thought that originally, but then the second picture almost made it look like the letters were raised off of the sign. That's a pretty impressive ribbon board (and high quality pictures too) if it managed to trick me.

On that note, does anyone know how those things handle the winter and cold weather?

I have no idea who the manufacturer of the board is that just got installed, but I found this info...

http://www.daktronics.com/ProductsServices/Products/Video/Permanent/RBX/26mm/Pages/default.aspx

Weather-Sealed Modules: Provides 360 degree defense against water and dust for enhanced reliability.

It doesn't mention anything about lake effect snow!

I don't think so. It's one of those things that 95% of fans have never noticed, therefore, why change it....unless money is no object. :rolleyes:

I never noticed it, and I worked in the arena for a time. Where is/was that located?

• 2 weeks later...

The new signage on the building is done. In addition to the one at the top of the Arena where it meets the roof, there is also a FNC sign above the outdoor patio that used to be the smoking area(above the Sabres store). It got me thinking...

1. Who paid for the signage?

2. Do the Sabres get any upkeep/improvement money from the City/County, similar to the money provided to the Bills for RWS?

PS No pics today. It was absolutely pouring when I drove by the Arena earlier.

Archived