Kaleta

X. Benedict

But isn't Hecht the Sabres only German born player? Might end up being him if they are doing it in Germany

Please don't infer that I think Vanek is from Germany based on my German speil. I was thinking the whole "Name a captian in Europe" thing that Lindy said was a little more poignant.

Paul's on GR saying it was a cheapshot. TV seems to have a little edge to him going in ths year. Maybe a sign of things to come.

Vanek will have the C imo.

I was there. It was during the 4 on 4 part of the scrimmage so there was a lot of room on the ice. Kaleta was fumbling with the puck to the right of Enroth with his head down and Vanek glided into him. His shoulder hit Kaleta square in the chin and he went down in pain. I'm guessing he re-injured the neck from the way his head spun around on him.

I haven't seen any video, but I know its out there because they showed the replay on the jumbotron.

EDIT: go to the 1:33 mark of the vid to see the hit

I was there. It was during the 4 on 4 part of the scrimmage so there was a lot of room on the ice. Kaleta was fumbling with the puck to the right of Enroth with his head down and Vanek glided into him. His shoulder hit Kaleta square in the chin and he went down in pain. I'm guessing he re-injured the neck from the way his head spun around on him.

I haven't seen any video, but I know its out there because they showed the replay on the jumbotron.

Here we go ppl,

EDIT: go to the 1:33 mark of the vid to see the hit

That's what he gets for hanging out near the crease with his head down.

But then what would be Austria's Nova Scotia?

Since Nova Scotia is the nicest part of Canada, with the nicest (maybe a little back woodsy, but certainly nicest) people in Canada living there.

When we apply the same logic to Austria, I suggest, that when you find the nicest part of that country, with the nicest and back woodsy people living there ... then you have found Austia's Nova Scotia.

-----

By the way, my Grandfather is from Austria, but I am more inclined to my Slavic background on my Grandmother's side ... Slovak. That is part of my reasons for my love of Bosnia and the people (Slavic) there.

Archived