Kaleta

X. Benedict

The last thing Lindy Ruff expected to see in a training camp scrimmage was Patrick Kaleta being helped off the ice by the team’s medical staff. But that was the case tonight, after Kaleta took a shot to the head from Thomas Vanek as he came out of the corner with the puck. It was an out of character play for Vanek, and one that surprised Ruff as well.

Via Kevin Snow

Was anyone there?

Mike Harrington reports the same thing on Kaleta....however....

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/

"Ruff has been joking with the media this month about constant questions regarding his team's vacant captaincy. It had been a few days since we talked about it so I asked him again Wednesday night and we (finally) got some news -- the Sabres will put the C on someone's jersey overseas."

Said Ruff: "You don't have an opportunity very often to name a captain in Europe."

That pretty much tips the hand for me. There will be much Fröhlichkeit for some Sabre that can pronounce Fröhlichkeit.

Good stuff here!

So if someone is going to be named in Germany.

Das ist gut! Tomas Vanek. Jawohl!

(May i be the first person to decry any upcoming videos with Hitler's opinion.)

I can see Lindy right now with that winkle in his eye and his blond whiskers blowing in the ice house breeze. This season is gonna get good.

Good stuff here!

I can see Lindy right now with that winkle in his eye and his blond whiskers blowing in the ice house breeze. This season is gonna get good.

Wednesday, I believe they will be in Manheim.

Anyone have a video of the hit?

I really want to see it. Not that I think it's funny Kaleta got hurt but the fact that Vanek laid him out in practice is.

I'm rather curious to see if this was just a freak accident, or if suddenly Vanek is going to start laying people out on a regular basis... :)

Good stuff here!

But isn't Hecht the Sabres only German born player? Might end up being him if they are doing it in Germany

Archived