(OT) Favorite Summer Movies

LGR4GM

I am board and maybe this will be interesting or not idk. Over the last couple of summers the movies of epic proportions have come out and some epic movies have been flops so what in the last couple of summers did you run out to see?

Priest

Hangover 2

Transformers

Harry Pothead

I will say though that priest totally sucked.

Hangover 2 was way to raunchy for me... I mean come on the guy who was getting married had that nasty thing happen to him in Bangkok, I am surprised he doesn't have herpagonasyphilitaids.

Transformers was way better than the 2nd one at least and the new Megan Fox was not bad to stare at.

Harry potter was a total letdown marred by one of the least epic scripts I think you could have written based off that book.

I probably average less than one movie per year at the theater. And I rent even less often than that.

$12? You folks pay $12 to sit through 90 minutes of the drivel that Hollywood puts out these days? And I thought our country's leaders were stealing from us.

I probably average less than one movie per year at the theater. And I rent even less often than that.

$12? You folks pay $12 to sit through 90 minutes of the drivel that Hollywood puts out these days? And I thought our country's leaders were stealing from us.

well 8-12 bucks yea I would say. Have you tried redbox? 1$ for a movie is a great deal.

Local theater in my town reopened up last month. Went to a movie for the 1st time in ~2 years. Saw X-men 1st Class. It was entertaining (had some continuity and plausibility issues but none so major that they took away from the film).

I honestly can't remember the last time I rented a movie. But we do have a tendancy to buy movies in the 'bargain bin'. Have a decent sized collection and for about 1/2 of what it would cost to see the movie in the theater we then own a copy of the movie and can watch it whenever we want. Found this especially useful when the kids were real young as we learned that the pause button is your friend.

We've got a JVC DVD player that remembers where you left off on a DVD which comes in real handy if you're watching a TV series. After somebody else watches something else, you can pop the other disk back in and then pick up where you left off. :thumbsup:

Local theater in my town reopened up last month. Went to a movie for the 1st time in ~2 years. Saw X-men 1st Class. It was entertaining (had some continuity and plausibility issues but none so major that they took away from the film).

I honestly can't remember the last time I rented a movie. But we do have a tendancy to buy movies in the 'bargain bin'. Have a decent sized collection and for about 1/2 of what it would cost to see the movie in the theater we then own a copy of the movie and can watch it whenever we want. Found this especially useful when the kids were real young as we learned that the pause button is your friend.

We've got a JVC DVD player that remembers where you left off on a DVD which comes in real handy if you're watching a TV series. After somebody else watches something else, you can pop the other disk back in and then pick up where you left off. :thumbsup:

In a movie about mutant superheroes?

I am board and maybe this will be interesting or not idk. Over the last couple of summers the movies of epic proportions have come out and some epic movies have been flops so what in the last couple of summers did you run out to see?

Priest

Hangover 2

Transformers

Harry Pothead

I will say though that priest totally sucked.

Hangover 2 was way to raunchy for me... I mean come on the guy who was getting married had that nasty thing happen to him in Bangkok, I am surprised he doesn't have herpagonasyphilitaids.

Transformers was way better than the 2nd one at least and the new Megan Fox was not bad to stare at.

Harry potter was a total letdown marred by one of the least epic scripts I think you could have written based off that book.

I went and saw Transformers and it wasn't bad.

If I were you, I would try to be bored instead of board...just sayin :rolleyes:

I haven't been to a theater to see a movie since Costner's attempt at Robin Hood. Too much $ for crap and people who talk back to the screen. With todays digital device nonsense I bet tons of the self important readily chat on 'em as well

In a movie about mutant superheroes?

:lol:

Well, obviously the premise has some plausibility issues of its own. Barring the implausibility of the powers that the characters possess, Marvel is usually pretty good at not suspending all properties of physics. There were a couple of items in this one that seemed to belong in a Tom Cruise action movie.

:lol:

Well, obviously the premise has some plausibility issues of its own. Barring the implausibility of the powers that the characters possess, Marvel is usually pretty good at not suspending all properties of physics. There were a couple of items in this one that seemed to belong in a Tom Cruise action movie.

Like when they make him look like he's a normal sized human?

Like when they make him look like he's a normal sized human?

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Nah, I've always considered that one of those 'implausibilities' that you have to be willing to accept walking in to the movie. ;)

I was referring moreso to the equivalent of exploding helicopters that propel people towards trains rather than rip them into a few thousand chunks of shrapnel.

Really? Was that movie good enough the first time around to justify re-making it? Or are they trying to fix it?

I'm pretty sure it's more about recycling an idea because there aren't anymore new ideas out there.

IMDB has pages already set up for remakes of Excalibur, The Evil Dead, Slapshot, and I've heard that a remake of Fletch may be in the works.

Is nothing sacred anymore?

I hate seeing movies in movie theaters. I hate ticket prices, 12 dollar tubs of popcorn, gallon glasses of soda, and sitting next to three hundred pound people.

I recently saw my first movie in a theatre in a long time - it was the Harry Potter Premier of the latest movie, so a couple weeks ago. The midnight showing, so it was packed. I got to experience all the negatives. Theatres no longer have positives for me. I would rather wait two months and buy the blue ray for less than the price of two tickets.

The last moveie I saw in a theatre before two weeks ago? Titanic. My wife and I weren't even married then. Which explains why I had no choice but to go.

I'm pretty sure it's more about recycling an idea because there aren't anymore new ideas out there.

IMDB has pages already set up for remakes of Excalibur, The Evil Dead, Slapshot, and I've heard that a remake of Fletch may be in the works.

They are going to remake 2 of the top 25 movies of all time? Someone should be arrested.

Why don't they remake the Sound of Music - I would love to see Beyonce and Jennifer Lopez dressed up as little german girls, maybe Justin Timberlake and Enrique Iglesias as boys.

Or they could remake one that would be really cool with modern technology like Ben Hur.

I also heard a 3rd Bill and Ted is in the works, along with Top Gun 2 and a remake of the Evil Dead series, or at least a 4th Evil Dead.

I hate seeing movies in movie theaters. I hate ticket prices, 12 dollar tubs of popcorn, gallon glasses of soda, and sitting next to three hundred pound people.

I recently saw my first movie in a theatre in a long time - it was the Harry Potter Premier of the latest movie, so a couple weeks ago. The midnight showing, so it was packed. I got to experience all the negatives. Theatres no longer have positives for me. I would rather wait two months and buy the blue ray for less than the price of two tickets.

The last moveie I saw in a theatre before two weeks ago? Titanic. My wife and I weren't even married then. Which explains why I had no choice but to go.

You haven't been to a theater in a long time so you wind up at a midnight showing of Harry Potter? I hope that was for the kids. If not, a very strange choice.

You haven't been to a theater in a long time so you wind up at a midnight showing of Harry Potter? I hope that was for the kids. If not, a very strange choice.

It was for the kids - they are the only ones that could drag me to a movie theatre in the middle of the night. I have watched all the others with them in the comfort of my own home with a large glass of booze in my hand to temper the pain.

I knew I should have taken a flask.

It was for the kids - they are the only ones that could drag me to a movie theatre in the middle of the night. I have watched all the others with them in the comfort of my own home with a large glass of booze in my hand to temper the pain.

I knew I should have taken a flask.

You can say whatever you want but I'm still convinced that you went to that showing in full costume.

I should say that I did enjoy going to movies in my younger years - the dollar shows at the Como 8 were a big hit. There would only be 10 people in the theatre. We would smuggle in beers, and roll the empties down the aisles.

Archived